-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Eastern Virginia
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted859689
just got one
Just sent mine in, fingers crossed! April is almost over 🙂
Side note: I touched up my quarantine cut yesterday and I think I'm getting better lol. Back is still a little uneven, but practice makes perfect. Now to wait until the top grows out completely since I basically shaved it all off (2-3 inches of hair). I haven't had a buzz cut since high school!
Side note: I touched up my quarantine cut yesterday and I think I'm getting better lol. Back is still a little uneven, but practice makes perfect. Now to wait until the top grows out completely since I basically shaved it all off (2-3 inches of hair). I haven't had a buzz cut since high school!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredogtor94
Full Member
Anyone know why the EVMS CTE is later than some schools? The PTE vs CTE and all the different deadlines kind of confuse me....
ey2020jof270
Full Member
Congrats! Did you receive the news via a call or an email?accepted off the waitlist on friday! IS (from hampton roads), interviewed November, top third, didn't send a LOI
Anyone know why the EVMS CTE is later than some schools? The PTE vs CTE and all the different deadlines kind of confuse me....
I believe their CTE date is later than some other schools cause EVMS doesn’t start til August whereas other schools start in July. Also, some schools may want to already have their list of class matriculants finalized ASAP so they may require a sooner CTE as it is quite a lot of work to keep pulling kids off the waitlist. On that note it kinda stinks if you already got into a school that has a sooner CTE date then EVMS because it will take you out of the running of getting in off the waitlist sooner. Also be sure to check with all your schools for their CTE date so you don’t miss it as each school like you said does have a different date!
futuredogtor94
Full Member
Ahh. So it is different because it can be? I feel like CTE should be something that is the same for all schools...if only this process made sense and wasn't so painstakingly awfulI believe their CTE date is later than some other schools cause EVMS doesn’t start til August whereas other schools start in July. Also, some schools may want to already have their list of class matriculants finalized ASAP so they may require a sooner CTE as it is quite a lot of work to keep pulling kids off the waitlist
...oh to be in the mind of an adcom!Pre-med9820
Full Member
Can someone clarify the process for applying for financial aid and scholarships? I see on the website that we are not just supposed to attach a CV, but also write why we are a good fit for the scholarships we are applying to. However, the application simply has you list which ones you are applying for. What else should we be providing the office of financial aid and how do we submit it?
Ahh. So it is different because it can be? I feel like CTE should be something that is the same for all schools...if only this process made sense and wasn't so painstakingly awful...oh to be in the mind of an adcom!
It would be a lot easier to understand, but it would kill the waitlist movement.
fernboy42
New Member
an email! they may have called me but if they did they didn't leave a voicemailCongrats! Did you receive the news via a call or an email?
ForHogwarts
New Member
Is there an admitted students Facebook page that anyone is aware of?
Yeah you have to request to enter and the admins will let current students or accepted students in. If you look up evms class of 2024 on fb you should see the groupIs there an admitted students Facebook page that anyone is aware of?
Very good actually. Chances are the acceptances for oos top tier-ers are looming around the cornerApologies if this has been asked before, but what has the prognosis been for OOS top tier waitlist in recent years?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ethiadene977
Full Member
Certainly doesn't feel that way -3-
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Middle Tier OOS hoping to get some love
Accepted from the WL this morning via email!
OOS, top third. LM 71
OOS, top third. LM 71
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Congrats , What time was the email sent of you don’t mind ?Accepted from the WL this morning via email!
OOS, top third. LM 71
Thanks! I received it at precisely 9:34 am, ESTCongrats , What time was the email sent of you don’t mind ?
ey2020jof270
Full Member
CONGRATS! I'm sure you deserved it🙂Thanks! I received it at precisely 9:34 am, EST
Take a shot for all of us still waiting during your celebrations hahah!
Congrats!Accepted from the WL this morning via email!
OOS, top third. LM 71
Just withdrew from the WL. Good luck everyone!
Congrats on the other A! Hoping to join that boat soon 🙂
IS or OOS?Just withdrew from the WL. Good luck everyone!
IS or OOS?
I snooped, OOS middle third.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Any OOS withdraws today
Any OOS withdraws today
Waiting for some mid-tier OOS withdraws 😛
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Traditionally as middle tier we don’t get love until mid mayWaiting for some mid-tier OOS withdraws 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any IS withdrawals????????
Traditionally as middle tier we don’t get love until mid may
Haha, I could have sworn I saw one last year happen late April, but your comment makes me feel better about putting in the $750 deposit today and the ~$130s in fees for a background check and drug test for a DO school.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Yea maybe 1 or 2 but the majority begin to roll mid MayHaha, I could have sworn I saw one last year happen late April, but your comment makes me feel better about putting in the $750 deposit today and the ~$130s in fees for a background check and drug test for a DO school.
Yea maybe 1 or 2 but the majority begin to roll mid May
Thank you! Knowing me, I'll still be checking this thread daily... Something is wrong with me.
nerdydoc88
Full Member
You're not the only one lol. Pretty sure my family thinks I'm obsessedThank you! Knowing me, I'll still be checking this thread daily... Something is wrong with me.
I get some sick sense of solace when I see another notification pop up about EVMS. Can't stop checking. It's great.You're not the only one lol. Pretty sure my family thinks I'm obsessed
Adding to the notifications to add that I am also a daily (actually hourly) lurker here and am really hoping to get an A off of the WL. Fingers crossed for all of us!
nerdydoc88
Full Member
I have regressed to the stage of neurotically checking the incoming class FB group for the number of accepted so farI get some sick sense of solace when I see another notification pop up about EVMS. Can't stop checking. It's great.
Unfortunately this won't work bc the FB page is also a ton of current studentsI have regressed to the stage of neurotically checking the incoming class FB group for the number of accepted so far
Do they notify people who get selected off the waitlist on any day (weekends included) or is it only on specific days?
At first I thought it was either Tuesday or Thursday but i think someone in the thread said they got in and it was a Wednesday. I think it’s safe to say you can get notified on weekdays but not weekends
At first I thought it was either Tuesday or Thursday but i think someone in the thread said they got in and it was a Wednesday. I think it’s safe to say you can get notified on weekdays but not weekends
I got off the waitlist on a Saturday.
GOATI got off the waitlist on a Saturday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah me too. I dont think theres specific daysI got off the waitlist on a Saturday.
Ethiadene977
Full Member
GOT IN!!!!! Top Third. OOS.
GOT IN!!!!! Top Third. OOS.
CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!!Accepted of the WL just now! OOS top third.
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Accepted! Middle Third of WL, OOS.