2019-2020 Eastern Virginia

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So historically (looking at old threads) some people on the alternate list were told prior to Oct 15. Obviously nothing has been posted this year but does anyone know of applicants that have heard No/ waitlist from EVMS post-II this year?
 
How long did it take for your application to be marked complete? I submitted the secondary around Labor Day, but still haven't received a complete email. VA residency confirmed 9/24
OOS- I submitted mine on 7/25 and was marked complete 7/27. I just had my interview today (was invited 8/21)- I really loved the school! If anyone from my interview group is reading this ya'll were such a fun/chill group of interviewees. Hope we all get in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am outing myself as being foolish, I got their email and did not realize there was a 30-day deadline. The email states, "The supplemental application materials must be completed within 30 days." I just wanted to see if anyone else was as dumb as I was with my procrastination. Also, should I still apply? I have 512 MCAT, 3.85 GPA, and good ECs
 
I am outing myself as being foolish, I got their email and did not realize there was a 30-day deadline. The email states, "The supplemental application materials must be completed within 30 days." I just wanted to see if anyone else was as dumb as I was with my procrastination. Also, should I still apply? I have 512 MCAT, 3.85 GPA, and good ECs
Depends on how you fit their mission . They pride themselves on finding individuals that fit them
 
I am outing myself as being foolish, I got their email and did not realize there was a 30-day deadline. The email states, "The supplemental application materials must be completed within 30 days." I just wanted to see if anyone else was as dumb as I was with my procrastination. Also, should I still apply? I have 512 MCAT, 3.85 GPA, and good ECs

Lmaooo didn't even know this until seeing your post. I submitted mine after 35 days lol. If it means anything, I received a complete email, so supposedly it's not an auto-reject? Unless the complete email is just automatically sent without any human involvement and once someone sees it I'll get my R? Anyways long story short I submitted late and haven't received an R yet, but no II either.
 
Lmaooo didn't even know this until seeing your post. I submitted mine after 35 days lol. If it means anything, I received a complete email, so supposedly it's not an auto-reject? Unless the complete email is just automatically sent without any human involvement and once someone sees it I'll get my R? Anyways long story short I submitted late and haven't received an R yet, but no II either.

At least I am not alone, lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody here who has already interviewed wanna share some insight about the day and interview, any advice?? Please PM me if you have any tips!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if we’ll hear back about waitlist today, or could we just get silence? I haven’t heard back yet and am getting nervous
 
Does anyone know if we’ll hear back about waitlist today, or could we just get silence? I haven’t heard back yet and am getting nervous

Last year when I got waitlisted I found out the same day as everyone else who interviewed near my interview date— aka As and WLs seem to come out at the same time roughly
 
Last year when I got waitlisted I found out the same day as everyone else who interviewed near my interview date— aka As and WLs seem to come out at the same time roughly
Sounds right based on other schools. I don’t think acceptances always follow interview date order too closely.
 
I know this has been asked before but if I haven’t received an interview by now, how should I take it? I called them and they said that I was in evaluation for an interview but people have been getting acceptances so this makes me extremely nervous. Even if I get an interview, would it be for a waitlist spot?? I submitted secondaries at the end of July and I’m instate gpa:3.8 and mcat:511 Asian female
 
I know this has been asked before but if I haven’t received an interview by now, how should I take it? I called them and they said that I was in evaluation for an interview but people have been getting acceptances so this makes me extremely nervous. Even if I get an interview, would it be for a waitlist spot?? I submitted secondaries at the end of July and I’m instate gpa:3.8 and mcat:511 Asian female

Don't stress it! I was complete 8/13 and received my interview yesterday. They are barely in November and they interview till March. Many people accepted may get other acceptances later down the road and withdraw from EVMS. Keep your head up!
 
I know this has been asked before but if I haven’t received an interview by now, how should I take it? I called them and they said that I was in evaluation for an interview but people have been getting acceptances so this makes me extremely nervous. Even if I get an interview, would it be for a waitlist spot?? I submitted secondaries at the end of July and I’m instate gpa:3.8 and mcat:511 Asian female

The cycle is a long process , there is no reason to worry right now . It will do you no good. Everyone who is accepted will not attend, they will interview until March . Also there are people who get in Who interviewed late and some who get in who interview early . Do not let SDN to cause you to doubt yourself or become worried. Just take it 1 day at a time and they will get to you as soon as they can and if the school is meant for you , you’ll know .Let the cycle play Out
 
Don't stress it! I was complete 8/13 and received my interview yesterday. They are barely in November and they interview till March. Many people accepted may get other acceptances later down the road and withdraw from EVMS. Keep your head up!
What dates do u see for interviews?
 
What dates do u see for interviews?

When I scheduled mine yesterday, they gave me the second and third week of November. Everyone took the second week, so I scheduled for the third. I know they basically have all of December onwards available since I contemplated scheduling in December, but voted against it because of rolling admissions and my first MD invite. Remember, you only need one!
 
When I scheduled mine yesterday, they gave me the second and third week of November. Everyone took the second week, so I scheduled for the third. I know they basically have all of December onwards available since I contemplated scheduling in December, but voted against it because of rolling admissions and my first MD invite. Remember, you only need one!
what are you're stats and are you instate/out of state, ORM? If you dont mind me asking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad