2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I got a II to the Louisiana campus. I'm so excited! So far I have only done MMI interviews, how are the interviews with VCOM set-up? Last I heard it was one-on-one, but then someone told me that it was with three interviewers 40 minutes each.

It is one on one, but you have 3 total with different interviewers each lasting about 40 min. They’re really relaxed though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! So I am interviewing with one of the other campuses in a few weeks (so excited!), but am wanting to be considered for Virginia because it is closer to majority of my family. I've heard that they decide which campus based on where you currently live, but do you all think it is possible to be considered for another campus? And what would be the best way to go about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone here give me the pros and cons of this school? I am looking into Psychiatry/Anesthesiology or IM strong schools.

Hey everyone! So I am interviewing with one of the other campuses in a few weeks (so excited!), but am wanting to be considered for Virginia because it is closer to majority of my family. I've heard that they decide which campus based on where you currently live, but do you all think it is possible to be considered for another campus? And what would be the best way to go about that?

The campus you interview at considers you alone. So if it’s the sc one then they will accept you, you cannot go to Va after unless you were waitlisted and picked up by another campus

Just received an II 3/4!!! Im OOS and the earliest interview I can do is this friday or else I will have to wait a few weeks. Am I being put at a disadvantage if I schedule at the end of march? This is my only II so I don't want to mess it up.

Just received an II 3/4!!! Im OOS and the earliest interview I can do is this friday or else I will have to wait a few weeks. Am I being put at a disadvantage if I schedule at the end of march? This is my only II so I don't want to mess it up.

I would take the one this Friday if possible for a better chance

That’s so exciting!! Congrats on all your hard work! Just out of curiosity, what campus is it for?

Not sure if this was asked before, but does anyone know how many people interview during an interview day?

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this was asked before, but does anyone know how many people interview during an interview day?
So on my interview day I can't remember exactly, but it was about 8/9. I interviewed at the Virginia campus and it was very intimate

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if interviews are being changed to being online or are they still in person?

Does anyone know if interviews are being changed to being online or are they still in person?
They called me and told me they’re changing it to virtual. They said they’re gathering info to send out an email soon.

I really liked this school but received the rejection email. My interview was on 3/6. They did not really say why I got rejected so I don't know if it was my interview that did not go well or my app needs improvement or the class was filled.

• Sad
I really liked this school but received the rejection email. My interview was on 3/6. They did not really say why I got rejected so I don't know if it was my interview that did not go well or my app needs improvement or the class was filled.
I don't think the class is filled yet as they are still sending out interviews through April. i would email them back asking for feedback.

VCOM-CC match list I tried to compile is on DO match 2020. Future students should check it out. Thanks. Hope it helps you make a decision if on the fence.

can you post the link here?

See if this works. DO Match List Thread 2020. It’s toward the end I’ll update it when I can.

See if this works. DO Match List Thread 2020. It’s toward the end I’ll update it when I can.

Thanks!!

If anyone is looking for a female roommate, PM me.

If anyone is looking for a female roommate, PM me.

Also anyone feel free to PM me about places to live etc for VCOM. I am graduating and normally would be busy but with this virus I am chillin and free to answer questions in PM.

I interviewed virtually 3/23 waiting for a decision. So nervous about whether I'll be accepted! I really like this school and would love to attend if I get the chance

I interviewed virtually 3/23 waiting for a decision. So nervous about whether I'll be accepted! I really like this school and would love to attend if I get the chance
Are they still calling before virtual interviews? or is there an extra link on the portal that pops up to schedule one?

Received an II just over a week ago from the Virginia campus but withdrew yesterday. Hope one of y'all get it!

As we are getting closer to the end of the semester, it looks like I might get a B- in one of my classes. The conditions of acceptance were about 3.2 gpa (which I’ll have) and nothing lower than a B. I would like to think they won’t pull my acceptance for a B- but can someone comfort me and confirm this? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we are getting closer to the end of the semester, it looks like I might get a B- in one of my classes. The conditions of acceptance were about 3.2 gpa (which I’ll have) and nothing lower than a B. I would like to think they won’t pull my acceptance for a B- but can someone comfort me and confirm this? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s something to ask the admissions office.

Congrats! Hope you hear back with good news. What was the format for the virtual interview?

Congrats! Hope you hear back with good news. What was the format for the virtual interview?
very laid back. orientation for the first hour or so, followed by 3 1v1 30 minute interview, then asking students questions for 30 min-1 hour. v laid back.

very laid back. orientation for the first hour or so, followed by 3 1v1 30 minute interview, then asking students questions for 30 min-1 hour. v laid back.
Thank you! Are there multiple interviewees in the zoom chat during the orientation/question portion?

Hello everyone! Do you guys know when waitlist movement might happen for VCOM? I was looking at a lot of previous threads and some students got accepted off the waitlist late April. Also does anyone know if a lot of their previous classes are made of waitlisted students?
WL movement started happening. i was on WL for like 2 days then got off of it.

congrats that's awesome. did they tell you where you were ranked on the waitlist or did everything happen very quickly?
nah i just got the email that i was on the WL then the call two days later telling me i was accepted haha

Should I continue hoping for an interview invite if my application was officially complete on March 18, 2020? I haven't heard anything since even though they were REALLY persistent with my application prior. Maybe it's just delays from COVID19? Any insight would be reassuring!

Congrats on your other acceptances! Can I ask where you’re going instead and your stats if you don’t mind?
ill be going to KCUMB - 502 mcat, 3.57 cGPA, higher science GPA i cant remember what it was.

thanks! idk how i ended up in the Virginia chat lmao

• Love
Should I continue hoping for an interview invite if my application was officially complete on March 18, 2020? I haven't heard anything since even though they were REALLY persistent with my application prior. Maybe it's just delays from COVID19? Any insight would be reassuring!
I contacted admissions and they stated that they are not extending the interview season due to covid-19. All interviews will be complete in April.

I interviewed today and they said it was the last group.

Reactions: 2 users
Well..there goes my hopes and dreams lol. (*laughing to keep from crying*)
Welp I just realized I’m on the Virginia thread. I interviewed for the Louisiana campus, so they still might be interviewing for Virginia! Don’t lose hope!!

Welp I just realized I’m on the Virginia thread. I interviewed for the Louisiana campus, so they still might be interviewing for Virginia! Don’t lose hope!!
Maybe so! I also just realized this was the VA thread and I’m reaaaaally hoping for Carolinas, but any campus will do lol. I’m sure you’re interview went well! Good luck!! :)

i just realized this also and i got into the Carolinas campus hahah

VCOM offered me a spot next year if I do not get in this year. I am a bit worried/stressed because I am studying to retake the MCAT (so I can apply to some MD programs next year) and now I don't know if I should keep studying or not, lol.