About the Ads

CaptainWEMT

Directorate of Disgruntled Cat Toys
2+ Year Member
May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
As much as GWU is my top pick, I have signed a lease/committed to enroll at another school and am withdrawing from the WL. To those of you still waiting, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Aug 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Got accepted today! So shocked and thrilled. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! As someone who until this morning had no acceptances, trust me, I know how stressful it is! Things can change very quickly.
Congrats! If you don't mind us asking, have you sent any updates/anything recently?

May 28, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I sent four letters of intent, had three new letters sent on my behalf (all in May), and emailed asking about timelines/the waitlist a week or so ago.

About the Ads
Mar 25, 2019
Status
Medical Student
current rising GW MS2 here! just dropping by to offer a small glimmer of hope - i was accepted last year on july 2nd (and i can't even tell you how many times i refreshed the SDN page prior to that day lol). i believe there were one or two people that got in after me, as stressful as that is. i sent a letter of intent right when the application portal closed to let them know i was still interested even though it was late in the cycle. not sure how well that correlated with my acceptance, but i'd say it doesn't hurt to try, especially if a few accepted students decide to attend another program at the last minute and leave their spot open for someone else.

it ain't over till it's over! good luck everyone :)

myka

5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
current rising GW MS2 here! just dropping by to offer a small glimmer of hope - i was accepted last year on july 2nd (and i can't even tell you how many times i refreshed the SDN page prior to that day lol). i believe there were one or two people that got in after me, as stressful as that is. i sent a letter of intent right when the application portal closed to let them know i was still interested even though it was late in the cycle. not sure how well that correlated with my acceptance, but i'd say it doesn't hurt to try, especially if a few accepted students decide to attend another program at the last minute and leave their spot open for someone else.

thanks for sharing :) during your app year, did they also send out an email when they expected that waitlist movement would be "minimal?" trying to get a sense of what their definition of minimal is

Mar 25, 2019
Status
Medical Student
thanks for sharing :) during your app year, did they also send out an email when they expected that waitlist movement would be "minimal?" trying to get a sense of what their definition of minimal is
in the email about the portal closing last year, they said "though alternate movement has slowed, there may be additional movement from the alternate pool." (there was no mention of "minimal movement")

they also encouraged us to keep sending in our updates, but also to move forward with applying for the next cycle if we planned on doing that haha.

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

thank you for the encouragement! i was wondering how many letters of intent did you send to GW?

doctor1110

2+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
hello, are there any current GW students that could possibly help me learn more about GW's missions and what they're looking for in their applicants? Any tips for the GW EDP program would also be great! :)

About the Ads