2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you email asking a specific question first? Also, had you sent an loi or anything?

I had sent a message asking about how COVID-19 might affect the timeline. I'd already submitted a letter of intent and another career update to the portal where I reiterated my intent .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had sent a message asking about how COVID-19 might affect the timeline. I'd already submitted a letter of intent and another career update to the portal where I reiterated my intent .

if you don't mind me asking, what are you stats and when did you interview? are you holding any acceptances?

if you don't mind me asking, what are you stats and when did you interview? are you holding any acceptances?

3.83/510. October interview, and I haven't accepted positions on any other wait lists. GW is my top choice

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone emailed GW recently?
I emailed on friday about the WL they said its still moving and they still expect the majority to be in May. Also that covid has not changed anything

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed on friday about the WL they said its still moving and they still expect the majority to be in May. Also that covid has not changed anything
did they also ask you if you looked at financial aid and if you had other acceptance?

I emailed to ask about the waitlist (before I saw that you all had lol) and they didn’t ask me any of that stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldn't they be able to tell that when they see your info (from the PTE data)? & I also emailed Friday!
I also emailed Friday. I think they can see that you are holding an acceptance if you have PTE status. In my case, they asked where I was holding an acceptance.

Same — I think they were getting a lot of these emails on Friday

eeek now I feel like I need to email!!! I feel like that's redundant even though I already wrote a letter of intent though

did they also ask you if you looked at financial aid and if you had other acceptance?
No they didnt ask me anything else. Also like others have mentioned I think they can already see my PTE status. Here was the exact response they sent

Thank you for your note. Covid 19 is not affecting alternate movement or process. The alternate pool is open and active. Like more usual cycles, we expect the majority of alternate movements to happen in May.

Reactions: 1 users
No they didnt ask me anything else. Also like others have mentioned I think they can already see my PTE status. Here was the exact response they sent

Thank you for your note. Covid 19 is not affecting alternate movement or process. The alternate pool is open and active. Like more usual cycles, we expect the majority of alternate movements to happen in May.
Hmm I wonder if that means anything. Anyone have any other updates or get in recently? I don’t know if it would be good to email to show interest or if it doesn’t matter and they are just copy pasting the same response

Hmm I wonder if that means anything. Anyone have any other updates or get in recently? I don’t know if it would be good to email to show interest or if it doesn’t matter and they are just copy pasting the same response
Seems like copy and paste. Everyone’s getting the same response. The dean will most likely reach out first if trying to offer a seat. We’re soon approaching the last week of may and he said the majority of waitlist movement will happen in may. I think it seems like we’re nearing the end

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Seems like copy and paste. Everyone’s getting the same response. The dean will most likely reach out first if trying to offer a seat. We’re soon approaching the last week of may and he said the majority of waitlist movement will happen in may. I think it seems like we’re nearing the end

I agree seems like it’s a standardized response
I wonder if Facebook movement is solely driven by admitted students or with a mix of faculty / current students

I agree seems like it’s a standardized response
I wonder if Facebook movement is solely driven by admitted students or with a mix of faculty / current students

Probably a minimal number of faculty. 164 members right now, and considering last years class on MSAR was 184, there are about 20 slots remaining. Still some time left!

Probably a minimal number of faculty. 164 members right now, and considering last years class on MSAR was 184, there are about 20 slots remaining. Still some time left!

Looked up GW MD Class of 2023 on FB, and they have 185 members, so yeah there is hope!!

I emailed GW two days ago asking if covid affected the waitlist movement and I got the same response about it not affecting it but then oddly enough I was asked if I'm still holding two acceptances to other schools, as per my letter of intent which I sent 3 weeks ago. I said I am holding one acceptance to my state school and dropped the other before April 30th. Then I was asked about what tuition would be for me at that school and if I had reviewed GW's financial aid information; required documents, FAFSA etc. I said yes and explained what I would be paying at the other school. Haven't gotten a response since then but the really weird thing Is that this entire conversation took place between 6 AM and 6:30 AM. I just found it odd that at 6:03 AM the adcom knew about the content of my LOI which I mean I guess he has it on file??? or something. Not sure if this Is good news or just speculation but thought it was worth sharing to all those in the same boat.

Reactions: 4 users

I sent an update last week through the portal and got the normal automatic response that it was added to my file. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Just sent an email asking how long they expect the WL to remain viable. I was recently offered a research position to develop and validate a contact tracing mobile application, but I would have to commit to the project through the fall so I’d like to know my chances of getting an A before deciding one way or the other. Hoping for good news for myself and everyone else on the WL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sent an email asking how long they expect the WL to remain viable. I was recently offered a research position to develop and validate a contact tracing mobile application, but I would have to commit to the project through the fall so I’d like to know my chances of getting an A before deciding one way or the other. Hoping for good news for myself and everyone else on the WL!

That sounds like a great opportunity. Best of luck and let us know how they respond!

Just got the same canned response... no new info. But I did find out that GW thinks my name is William (which it’s not, it’s just Will) so that’s cool lol

• Haha
alright so I also bit the bullet and emailed. Got the same response about it not being affected but I dont think it was a copy paste??? I was also asked about other acceptances and financial aid afterwards

Well I think I’ve officially given up hope of getting off the waitlist at this point, but what a journey it’s been so far and good luck to everyone! Just been telling myself you end up where you’re meant to be.

Well I think I’ve officially given up hope of getting off the waitlist at this point, but what a journey it’s been so far and good luck to everyone! Just been telling myself you end up where you’re meant to be.
What made you give up? Don’t leave us so soon!

Can the next person that emails them ask if the class is full lol

• Haha
Can the next person that emails them ask if the class is full lol

I emailed them like an hour ago and they said the pool is still open and active!

What made you give up? Don’t leave us so soon!
I think I'm just being realistic about the odds, and want to be excited about the fall without having lingering feelings of anxiety about the possibility of getting off. Maybe it's a way to make peace with myself? Briefly seeing the accomplishments of people that post here has been very humbling and can't wait to maybe work with some of you all in the future!

alright so I also bit the bullet and emailed. Got the same response about it not being affected but I dont think it was a copy paste??? I was also asked about other acceptances and financial aid afterwards

would you mind sharing stats?

Does anyone know if accepted students can submit p/f grades for the spring semester?

For the people who got the financial aid question when they were emailing GW admissions, did you guys complete your FAFSA and include GW in that application?

For the people who got the financial aid question when they were emailing GW admissions, did you guys complete your FAFSA and include GW in that application?

Yep! I had completed it last month with all the schools I was on the WL at just to have it done preemptively.

I was not asked about financials, just acceptances. But I completed a fafsa a few months ago.

Offered a seat off the alternate list today! Emailed them Wednesday (about sending in a new LOR from my graduate program) and was asked about where I held an acceptance + tuition there.

Reactions: 7 users
Offered a seat off the alternate list today! Emailed them Wednesday (about sending in a new LOR from my graduate program) and was asked about where I held an acceptance + tuition there.

Congrats!! :D

Congrats! That's really encouraging. When were you interviewed?

I would sell a kidney to know just a little bit more about how GW decides in what order to pull people off the alternate list

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats future doctor! Could I ask what your stats were?