2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompt:

Why have you chosen to apply to the Georgetown University School of Medicine and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Georgetown University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Secondary received. Would post prompts but on way to work.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prompt:
Why have you chosen to apply to the Georgetown University School of Medicine and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion)

@PapaGuava

Reactions: 3 users
(1 page, formatted at your discretion)

Reactions: 30 users
Prompt:

Was this the only question? It appears in the past they also had 2 short response questions. Thanks!

These are the other two questions along with the other question that was posted above. Same exact as last year.

1. The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)

2. Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)

Secondary received 6/28

Reactions: 5 users
These are the other two questions along with the other question that was posted above. Same exact as last year.

1. The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)

2. Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)

Secondary received 6/28

Where are these questions I only saw the above essay

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified on 6/04 and with well above median stats... still nothing :/
Do they screen for secondaries?

On their application information page on their website they state that they do not screen, so they are probably just sending them out a little bit at a time but you will get one soon I’m sure! I got mine a couple hours after some people on here got theirs

Question, if I have an MCAT sub score below 124 should I just not fill out their secondary?

"Is my MCAT score competitive enough to apply to your school?
Applications are evaluated holistically without assigning weight to a particular section. However, section scores below 125 are considered non-competitive."

Reactions: 1 user
Question, if I have an MCAT sub score below 124 should I just not fill out their secondary?

Applications are evaluated holistically without assigning weight to a particular section. However, section scores below 125 are considered non-competitive."

You already paid for the primary so do what your heart tells you. Likely you won't get in with low stats, but if money isn't an issue for the secondary fee just apply and see what happens. Maybe prioritize other secondaries to submit those earlier than this Georgetown one.

You already paid for the primary so do what your heart tells you. Likely you won't get in with low stats, but if money isn't an issue for the secondary fee just apply and see what happens. Maybe prioritize other secondaries to submit those earlier than this Georgetown one.
I just can't tell if they're saying it's a minimum or if this is just a recommendation.

Reactions: 1 users
Received this AM and submitted! Verified 5/30

It's hard to say. You already submitted the primary, it just depends on whether or not you want to pay the $130 for the secondary. I'm not sure if by receiving a secondary it means that you have passed their minimum qualification standards or if they just send secondaries to everyone. It also depends on if you feel good about the rest of your application or if there are other things besides that 124 that might hold you back.

Received my secondary yesterday afternoon, verified 6/17! :)

It's hard to say. You already submitted the primary, it just depends on whether or not you want to pay the $130 for the secondary. I'm not sure if by receiving a secondary it means that you have passed their minimum qualification standards or if they just send secondaries to everyone. It also depends on if you feel good about the rest of your application or if there are other things besides that 124 that might hold you back.
I am just afraid it's a minimum thing. Cause the rest of my application I feel really confident about which is why I would feel awful sending in the secondary just to have it be basically immediately rejected for the 124 sub-score and not have them look at the rest.

I am just afraid it's a minimum thing. Cause the rest of my application I feel really confident about which is why I would feel awful sending in the secondary just to have it be basically immediately rejected for the 124 sub-score and not have them look at the rest.
Just send them an email or call and ask if it is a hard cut off. That should give you your answer. If it is you don't apply and save the $130, if they say it isn't then you submit it and hope for the best.

Just submitted secondary application. Got the Complete email right after

Received complete email this morning

Reactions: 3 users
Did you guys fill up the entire page for the 'Why Georgetown' question?
Word limits, can't write with them, can't write without them...

Did you guys fill up the entire page for the 'Why Georgetown' question?
Word limits, can't write with them, can't write without them...
I personally did. Standard single space, times new Roman, 12 pt.

This might be a stupid question, but is
"The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)"
basically just a diversity question?

This might be a stupid question, but is
"The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)"
basically just a diversity question?
That’s what I treated it as.

Should we submit even if our LORs aren't already uploaded to AMCAS yet? I know some schools are picky with the order of the materials, so I just want to make sure.

Update: I think it's fine to submit, they just won't mark your application complete until they receive the letters.

Last edited:
This school’s my reach so I’m using comic sans to give me an edge (nobody copy me)
I was gonna do the one that makes the R's little guns

I applied here before and I am looking for any advice on how to re-address the 1-pager on why I want to go to this school. My reasons haven't changed and this draft is sounding exactly like the old one with minor example changes. Since I didn't get in last time though, I don't want to write the same stuff and end up with the same result...

I applied here before and I am looking for any advice on how to re-address the 1-pager on why I want to go to this school. My reasons haven't changed and this draft is sounding exactly like the old one with minor example changes. Since I didn't get in last time though, I don't want to write the same stuff and end up with the same result...

PM'd you