PapaGuava

The Real PG
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Secondary Prompt:

Why have you chosen to apply to the Georgetown University School of Medicine and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion)
Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Georgetown University

Last edited:

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Secondary received. Would post prompts but on way to work.

About the Ads

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Prompt:
Why have you chosen to apply to the Georgetown University School of Medicine and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future? (1 page, formatted at your discretion)

@PapaGuava

Zen Arcade

2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Secondary received as well.

caffeinatedMD8

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Prompt:
Was this the only question? It appears in the past they also had 2 short response questions. Thanks!

May 27, 2019
Status
These are the other two questions along with the other question that was posted above. Same exact as last year.

1. The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)

2. Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)

Secondary received 6/28

notthrowingawaymyshot

MD Class of 2024 (◠‿◠✿)
2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2017
Status
Secondary received as well, just now! Verified 6/25

mdman754

2+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
These are the other two questions along with the other question that was posted above. Same exact as last year.

1. The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)

2. Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application? (1000 characters)

Secondary received 6/28
Where are these questions I only saw the above essay

About the Ads

notthrowingawaymyshot

MD Class of 2024 (◠‿◠✿)
2+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2017
Status
I was verified on 6/04 and with well above median stats... still nothing :/
Do they screen for secondaries?
On their application information page on their website they state that they do not screen, so they are probably just sending them out a little bit at a time but you will get one soon I’m sure! I got mine a couple hours after some people on here got theirs

HopefulMDNP

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2018
Status
Seondary received!

About the Ads

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Question, if I have an MCAT sub score below 124 should I just not fill out their secondary?

"Is my MCAT score competitive enough to apply to your school?
Applications are evaluated holistically without assigning weight to a particular section. However, section scores below 125 are considered non-competitive."

Reactions: Ms. Incognito
Dec 13, 2018
Question, if I have an MCAT sub score below 124 should I just not fill out their secondary?

Applications are evaluated holistically without assigning weight to a particular section. However, section scores below 125 are considered non-competitive."
You already paid for the primary so do what your heart tells you. Likely you won't get in with low stats, but if money isn't an issue for the secondary fee just apply and see what happens. Maybe prioritize other secondaries to submit those earlier than this Georgetown one.

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
You already paid for the primary so do what your heart tells you. Likely you won't get in with low stats, but if money isn't an issue for the secondary fee just apply and see what happens. Maybe prioritize other secondaries to submit those earlier than this Georgetown one.
I just can't tell if they're saying it's a minimum or if this is just a recommendation.

ajax224

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
secondary received!

Nov 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

It's hard to say. You already submitted the primary, it just depends on whether or not you want to pay the $130 for the secondary. I'm not sure if by receiving a secondary it means that you have passed their minimum qualification standards or if they just send secondaries to everyone. It also depends on if you feel good about the rest of your application or if there are other things besides that 124 that might hold you back.

Etude No. 1

5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2014
Status
Received my secondary yesterday afternoon, verified 6/17! :)

dr.batman

2+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
It's hard to say. You already submitted the primary, it just depends on whether or not you want to pay the $130 for the secondary. I'm not sure if by receiving a secondary it means that you have passed their minimum qualification standards or if they just send secondaries to everyone. It also depends on if you feel good about the rest of your application or if there are other things besides that 124 that might hold you back.
I am just afraid it's a minimum thing. Cause the rest of my application I feel really confident about which is why I would feel awful sending in the secondary just to have it be basically immediately rejected for the 124 sub-score and not have them look at the rest.

About the Ads
Dec 13, 2018
I am just afraid it's a minimum thing. Cause the rest of my application I feel really confident about which is why I would feel awful sending in the secondary just to have it be basically immediately rejected for the 124 sub-score and not have them look at the rest.
Just send them an email or call and ask if it is a hard cut off. That should give you your answer. If it is you don't apply and save the $130, if they say it isn't then you submit it and hope for the best.

Reactions: dr.batman

HopefulMDNP

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2018
Status
Did you guys fill up the entire page for the 'Why Georgetown' question?
Word limits, can't write with them, can't write without them...

May 27, 2019
Status
This might be a stupid question, but is
"The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)"
basically just a diversity question?

The-Medical-Mamba

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
This might be a stupid question, but is
"The Georgetown University School of Medicine strives to ensure that its students become respectful physicians who embrace all dimensions of caring for the whole person. Please describe how your personal characteristics or life experiences will contribute to the Georgetown University School of Medicine community and bring educational benefits to our student body. (1000 characters)"
basically just a diversity question?
That’s what I treated it as.

Dec 12, 2018
Secondary received 6/28!

Kardio

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2017
Status
Jun 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Should we submit even if our LORs aren't already uploaded to AMCAS yet? I know some schools are picky with the order of the materials, so I just want to make sure.

Update: I think it's fine to submit, they just won't mark your application complete until they receive the letters.

Last edited:

ajax224

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
This school’s my reach so I’m using comic sans to give me an edge (nobody copy me)
I was gonna do the one that makes the R's little guns

Reactions: anotherpremedlurker
Mar 13, 2015
I applied here before and I am looking for any advice on how to re-address the 1-pager on why I want to go to this school. My reasons haven't changed and this draft is sounding exactly like the old one with minor example changes. Since I didn't get in last time though, I don't want to write the same stuff and end up with the same result...

Reactions: Doctorwannabe17
Oct 29, 2018
I applied here before and I am looking for any advice on how to re-address the 1-pager on why I want to go to this school. My reasons haven't changed and this draft is sounding exactly like the old one with minor example changes. Since I didn't get in last time though, I don't want to write the same stuff and end up with the same result...
PM'd you

Reactions: Doctorwannabe17
About the Ads