2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the phone call saying I got accepted!!! It was from a Maryland number so look out for a phone call from there. Also, does anyone know when we will get an email stating our acceptance because I was in disbelief and did not process what she was saying lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the phone call saying I got accepted!!! It was from a Maryland number so look out for a phone call from there. Also, does anyone know when we will get an email stating our acceptance because I was in disbelief and did not process what she was saying lol
Congratulations! When did you interview if you don't mind sharing? Were you accepted off the WL?

Do you guys think they're still calling people?? I'm nervous lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’d say if no luck today I might move on to hoping for other schools. Was there another WL movement day last year for Gtown after the 10th?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I’d say if no luck today I might move on to hoping for other schools. Was there another WL movement day last year for Gtown after the 10th?
I think there continued to be some movement through June, but it did seem like May 10th was the biggest wave

I'm going to email Gtown rn asking them about how full their class is rn. Does anyone think is a big no no?

Reactions: 1 users
So i'm sitting on an A elsewhere but would rather go here or somewhere else that im on WL at. What do you guys think is a good date to really start committing to my A and finding apartments and ish like that? Beginning of June?

So i'm sitting on an A elsewhere but would rather go here or somewhere else that im on WL at. What do you guys think is a good date to really start committing to my A and finding apartments and ish like that? Beginning of June?

I'm in the same exact boat right now. I was going to wait until around June 15 which is the CTE deadline for Georgetown and probably when WL movement will stop

nah do it, or even call them. Have no shame you gotta play the game back
I agree, in previous years people would call the admissions office and ask about the waitlist. It also seems like the admission's office used to send more updates about the waitlist, but they have been ghosting us this year lol

I agree, in previous years people would call the admissions office and ask about the waitlist. It also seems like the admission's office used to send more updates about the waitlist, but they have been ghosting us this year lol
Yeah gonna do it for sure.
I mean I still feel pretty hopeful, I find it hard to believe that a school so expensive and with mid-tier rankings, their class would already be very full. Idk, what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same exact boat right now. I was going to wait until around June 15 which is the CTE deadline for Georgetown and probably when WL movement will stop
I'm not alone! thanks for the info sleepypickle appreciate it, I will probably follow your footsteps and do the same then. Best of luck :)

Not sure if the WL movement today is over, but it seemed like a pretty small wave. Hoping for some more movement.

Not sure if the WL movement today is over, but it seemed like a pretty small wave. Hoping for some more movement.
Exactly my thoughts... seems like there's quite a few of us, and two calls going out (at least just from this thread) seems quite small... unless a majority of WL peeps aren't even on this website lol

Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement! Becoming a doctor has been my life since January 2011 in the 9th grade when one of my parents passed away after years of battling cancer and I needed to push myself toward something to keep going. After 10 years of thing after thing making me feel like it just wasn't meant to be and feeling like a failure so many times, I thought I wouldn't get in this year and it really really made wonder again if I would ever be able to get in.

GUYS, I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
@valanthe Congrats!! So so happy for you; you deserve it 100%. If you don't mind me asking, how many and when did you send your letters of interest/intent? Did you send letters of interest only or a letter of intent as well?

Exactly my thoughts... seems like there's quite a few of us, and two calls going out (at least just from this thread) seems quite small... unless a majority of WL peeps aren't even on this website lol

Sigh, I wish they would just send out emails all at once like other schools do so we don't have to anxiously wait around :(

Reactions: 4 users
From Georgetown:
I emailed them less than an hour ago.

Thank you for contacting our office! We have started to see some waitlist movement and expect to see some more movement especially nearing the June 15th deadline. Waitlist movement can occur up until the first day of orientation.

• Sad
From Georgetown:

Thank you for contacting our office! We have started to see some waitlist movement and expect to see some more movement especially nearing the June 15th deadline. Waitlist movement can occur up until the first day of orientation.
Why the sad reax?? It should be good that they're saying they're expecting more movement right?

• Sad
From Georgetown:

thanks for sharing their response! i anticipated this weekend/today to be the biggest wave according to past threads but it's good news that the class isn't completely full yet!

for me i have a CTE deadline coming up real soon :( that is why personally but i'm glad for everyone else :)
Oh yes!! I am so sorry! I am confident you will be able to make the right decision and figure this out soon :) Good luck!

• Care
Why the sad reax?? It should be good that they're saying they're expecting more movement right?
Yes, good that they're expecting more movement eventually, but for me, if I have to wait until June 15th, I will only have ~4 weeks to quit my job, pack up, find a place to live, move across the country, and start med school, which is INCREDIBLY stressful and anxiety inducing, so I would love to hear sooner rather than later. June 15th means 4 more weeks of having no idea where the heck I'm ending up and just feeling like straight trash 😫

From Georgetown:

Thanks for reaching out to them! Appreciate you

• Care
Yes, good that they're expecting more movement eventually, but for me, if I have to wait until June 15th, I will only have ~4 weeks to quit my job, pack up, find a place to live, move across the country, and start med school, which is INCREDIBLY stressful and anxiety inducing, so I would love to hear sooner rather than later. June 15th means 4 more weeks of having no idea where the heck I'm ending up and just feeling like straight trash 😫
I feel this on a whole other level.

@valanthe Congrats!! So so happy for you; you deserve it 100%. If you don't mind me asking, how many and when did you send your letters of interest/intent? Did you send letters of interest only or a letter of intent as well?
Thank you, I'm on cloud nine! Here are all the dates for my application timeline:

10/1: Submitted secondary way later than I should in the cycle because a bunch of things came up related to covid
10/23: Interview invitation
11/30: Pre-interview update letter the day before my interview
12/1: Interview
12/2: Thank you letter to my interviewer
2/23: Waitlisted
4/12: Letter of intent 1
4/30: Letter of intent 2
5/10: Acceptance call!

I'm waiting on that email and portal confirmation so I know I didn't dream the call 😅

• Love
Would someone be willing to email Georgetown WHEN they’re expecting more WL movement BESIDES June 15 deadline? Or ask them where they’re at in terms of class size?

Got the A! I’m trying to make a decision between GT and my other A. Any current GT students I can DM?

Wow congrats! Did you get off the WL? When did you get the call?
Yeah I got off the waitlist in the afternoon!! Really excited but also stressed since it’s a really hard decision so I was hoping to talk to any Georgetown students

Yeah I got off the waitlist in the afternoon!! Really excited but also stressed since it’s a really hard decision so I was hoping to talk to any Georgetown students

Did you get the call a couple of hours ago or just within the past 30 minutes? Also could you please share your interview date 😇

Got the A! I’m trying to make a decision between GT and my other A. Any current GT students I can DM?
hey @Randompremed7 congrats!! so stoked for you. would you mind posting your timeline of when you sent letters of interest/intent to georgetown and how many you sent? also, did you send any letters of intent (stating you'd definitely go there if accepted) or just letters of interest? Thanks a ton, and congrats once again!!

hey @Randompremed7 congrats!! so stoked for you. would you mind posting your timeline of when you sent letters of interest/intent to georgetown and how many you sent? also, did you send any letters of intent (stating you'd definitely go there if accepted) or just letters of interest? Thanks a ton, and congrats once again!!
Thank you!! I only sent 1 letter of interest and that was around mid April

For anyone who was accepted, how long after your acceptance did you receive your background check email? Thanks!

is it safe to assume that today's wave has come to a close? hoping it picks back up tomorrow 😭
Evidence from prior threads would tell me that the post-May 1st wave of waitlist movement is over and that there will be very little movement from here on out. I'm right there with you, friend.

• Sad
The post-May 1st wave seemed a little bigger in previous years though... also there was a wave in April, which didn't happen this year if I'm not mistaken. Maybe WL movement is smaller this year but I'm staying optimistic that there will be another wave :xf:

• Care
The post-May 1st wave seemed a little bigger in previous years though... also there was a wave in April, which didn't happen this year if I'm not mistaken. Maybe WL movement is smaller this year but I'm staying optimistic that there will be another wave :xf:
And that’s the best mindset to go with, my friend!! Yes, we can see what happened last year and before that, but we can’t predict what’s going to happen in the next few weeks, so let’s just cross our fingers and remain confident!!!

I idiotically deleted my post-II R email....does anyone know if they explicitly state that they won't offer feedback?

Good luck to everyone still waitlisted here and congrats to all accepted!!!

Congrats to everyone accepted! I was recently accepted off the waitlist so don't lose hope! I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an accepted student fb group or groupme or some other place where I can look for a roommate? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats to everyone accepted! I was recently accepted off the waitlist so don't lose hope! I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an accepted student fb group or groupme or some other place where I can look for a roommate? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats on the acceptance! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed? And there’s an accepted FB group and group me!

Congrats on the acceptance! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed? And there’s an accepted FB group and group me!
Thank you! Oh okie was there a link posted on this feed by chance or do you know how I would join it? And I interviewed November 12th!

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing if you also got the call on May 10th? Wondering if there has been movement since then🤔

Accepted off the waistlist on Monday, could someone hit me up with the groupme/accepted student FB page pls?

It looks like there are 274 people in the class of 2025 fb group and it shows below it that 23+ members were added in the last week 😭 😭 😭 😭