2019-2020 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well in the dumpster fire of today’s news, I’d love for them to send out those acceptances lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Did they inform you that you were lacking a necessary requirement?

Not directly or anything like that, but the requirements worksheet we had to complete before the interview highlighted the fact that I needed to take the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they basically done with scoring/review? Was told it happens in “mid February”?

Reactions: 1 user
Never too early to start feeling sick in anticipation every day, right?

2016: Wednesday, March 2nd (leap year)
2017: Friday, March 3rd
2018: Friday, March 2nd
2019: Friday, March 1st
2020: ??????

(Maybe Friday, Feb 28th? Or maybe it's more likely that it's Friday, March 6th)

mua ah ah ah ah

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Friday, March 6th

MSAR says the earliest date they release is march 1st, and given the trend of fridays for the last few years, I'd expect the 6th and hope for earlier!

• Wow
Two weeks can't come quickly enough :bag:

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Might 2/28 Friday, the FA portal open 3/1/2020 and due 3/16, earlier than last year 3/18. Also revisit day earlier this year. Let’s hope next Friday!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Might 2/28 Friday, the FA portal open 3/1/2020 and due 3/16, earlier than last year 3/18. Also revisit day earlier this year. Let’s hope next Friday!
This is so exciting! Where do you see the FA portal opening 3/1?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
HMS Financial Aid Application
(2020-21 financial aid application will be available March 1st)

• Wow
  • Love
HMS Financial Aid Application
(2020-21 financial aid application will be available March 1st)
what could this meaaaan? Decisions feb 28? Or just copy and pasted from the returning students tab...

• Wow
what could this meaaaan? Decisions feb 28? Or just copy and pasted from the returning students tab...
To add a little something to this, in the 2017-2018 cycle, the FA app opened on Monday 3/5 and decisions came out Friday 3/2...

The HMS financial aid application portal is slated for release on Monday 3/5 (nlbsp.med.harvard.edu/FinAidApp). It might be unrelated, but my guess is that admissions decisions would come out around then too.

So 2/28 is looking like the day!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So 2/28 is looking like the day!!!
1582245066398.gif

Me waiting to see if I’m accepted or rejected but probably rejected

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Ooo I got an email from* admissions and just about had a heart attack!! It was about my social security number lol

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
+4 dude I was NOT READY for that email

Also fyi "We plan to announce decisions in early March"

Friday March 6 confirmed?
+3 its crazy how many times ive felt my heart rate immediately spike this cycle

+4 dude I was NOT READY for that email

Also fyi "We plan to announce decisions in early March"

Friday March 6 confirmed?
Seems more like it.. who knows. We are all gonna know at the same time so it is what it is

NO EMAIL - WHAT THAT MEAN!

Reactions: 3 users
Hmm I did not receive an email so perhaps it's only to folks about to be accepted?

If you didn't get one, they have your SSN so you're good. Does not mean anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Same no email here for me. Can someone post a screenshot of the email. I’m looking at my application portal and it looks like I already entered my social security number in a while ago.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah guess it's time to put my tin foil hat back in the closet...

Reactions: 4 users
I also didn't receive the email but put my SS number on the portal a while ago. No reason to worry!

Reactions: 10 users
So consensus is March 6th??? Even with the February 28th/FA application correlation?

So consensus is March 6th??? Even with the February 28th/FA application correlation?

I'm just telling myself March 6th. That way, if we hear back on February 28th, I'll be pleasantly surprised (or gravely disappointed).

Reactions: 6 users
I'm just telling myself March 6th. That way, if we hear back on February 28th, I'll be pleasantly surprised (or gravely disappointed).
February 28th can round to early March, right? I think that's how it works.

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'm still guessing (hoping?) either this Fri or early next week. Seems unlikely they would only give us a 10 day turnaround to complete FA forms...

Previously years with all 2 weeks to finish FA application, and portal opened after decision day, doubt decision will be Sunday 3/1. Still guess 2/28 Friday

Yes, they could be just reneging on the Friday trend and do early next week. Would be early March, plenty of time to the FA application.

based on last year's thread I believe around 10 AM!

My bet is Monday, March 2nd. Friday the 6th is too late and it would be very odd if they said early March and dropped them in February. Also with the Fin aid stuff opening on the 1st, it seems logical. Just an educated guess

Y'all are too funny Chillax, what happens happens.

I got off the WL, as did many of my most successful colleagues here. Money talks, and without merit aid here, there is definitely movement.
Do you mind me asking how long you and/or your colleagues waited to get off the WL?