You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Harvard
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted958920
Did they inform you that you were lacking a necessary requirement?
Not directly or anything like that, but the requirements worksheet we had to complete before the interview highlighted the fact that I needed to take the class.
It was more of a sarcastic comment bc everyone is talking about school prestige in light of P/F Step 1.what do you mean?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never too early to start feeling sick in anticipation every day, right?
2016: Wednesday, March 2nd (leap year)
2017: Friday, March 3rd
2018: Friday, March 2nd
2019: Friday, March 1st
2020: ??????
(Maybe Friday, Feb 28th? Or maybe it's more likely that it's Friday, March 6th)
mua ah ah ah ah
2016: Wednesday, March 2nd (leap year)
2017: Friday, March 3rd
2018: Friday, March 2nd
2019: Friday, March 1st
2020: ??????
(Maybe Friday, Feb 28th? Or maybe it's more likely that it's Friday, March 6th)
mua ah ah ah ah
Friday, March 6th
MSAR says the earliest date they release is march 1st, and given the trend of fridays for the last few years, I'd expect the 6th and hope for earlier!
I think fates have been determined.Are they basically done with scoring/review? Was told it happens in “mid February”?
This is so exciting! Where do you see the FA portal opening 3/1?Might 2/28 Friday, the FA portal open 3/1/2020 and due 3/16, earlier than last year 3/18. Also revisit day earlier this year. Let’s hope next Friday!
Apply for Aid
(2020-21 financial aid application will be available March 1st)
what could this meaaaan? Decisions feb 28? Or just copy and pasted from the returning students tab...HMS Financial Aid ApplicationApply for Aid
meded.hms.harvard.edu
(2020-21 financial aid application will be available March 1st)
To add a little something to this, in the 2017-2018 cycle, the FA app opened on Monday 3/5 and decisions came out Friday 3/2...what could this meaaaan? Decisions feb 28? Or just copy and pasted from the returning students tab...
The HMS financial aid application portal is slated for release on Monday 3/5 (nlbsp.med.harvard.edu/FinAidApp). It might be unrelated, but my guess is that admissions decisions would come out around then too.
So 2/28 is looking like the day!!!
xlymphocyte
Full Member
So 2/28 is looking like the day!!!
Me waiting to see if I’m accepted or rejected but probably rejected
Ooo I got an email from* admissions and just about had a heart attack!! It was about my social security number lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooo I got an email admissions and just about had a heart attack!! It was about my social security number lol
+1 on the heart attack
D
deleted987990
+2+1 on the heart attack
spontaneous23
Full Member
+3 its crazy how many times ive felt my heart rate immediately spike this cycle
+4 dude I was NOT READY for that email
Also fyi "We plan to announce decisions in early March"
Friday March 6 confirmed?
Also fyi "We plan to announce decisions in early March"
Friday March 6 confirmed?
+3 its crazy how many times ive felt my heart rate immediately spike this cycle
D
deleted987990
Seems more like it.. who knows. We are all gonna know at the same time so it is what it is+4 dude I was NOT READY for that email
Also fyi "We plan to announce decisions in early March"
Friday March 6 confirmed?
spontaneous23
Full Member
NO EMAIL - WHAT THAT MEAN!
did you already provide your social security number somewhere?
did you already provide your social security number somewhere?
I think we did on that sheet we had to turn in on interview day, no? I’m not sure
Hmm I did not receive an email so perhaps it's only to folks about to be accepted?
spontaneous23
Full Member
I think we did on that sheet we had to turn in on interview day, no? I’m not sure
Also no email, assuming it’s an R?
Hmm I did not receive an email so perhaps it's only to folks about to be accepted?
I feel like it could be because they have your SSN on file, maybe you entered it on the portal earlier or gave it on interview day?
D
deleted987990
If you didn't get one, they have your SSN so you're good. Does not mean anything.
sadpremed121
Full Member
Same no email here for me. Can someone post a screenshot of the email. I’m looking at my application portal and it looks like I already entered my social security number in a while ago.
spontaneous23
Full Member
I agree! It was sent to everyone who interviewed and didn't add it in. I just thought decisions came early 😳+X lol
I dont think it means anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AlexCarusoStan
Full Member
I also didn't receive the email but put my SS number on the portal a while ago. No reason to worry!
I also didn't receive the email but put my SS number on the portal a while ago. No reason to worry!
Just confirming that that email is exactly what it says - students who interviewed but did not submit their SSN on the portal. Everyone go and enjoy your weekends!
So consensus is March 6th??? Even with the February 28th/FA application correlation?
So consensus is March 6th??? Even with the February 28th/FA application correlation?
I'm just telling myself March 6th. That way, if we hear back on February 28th, I'll be pleasantly surprised (or gravely disappointed).
February 28th can round to early March, right? I think that's how it works.I'm just telling myself March 6th. That way, if we hear back on February 28th, I'll be pleasantly surprised (or gravely disappointed).
I'm still guessing (hoping?) either this Fri or early next week. Seems unlikely they would only give us a 10 day turnaround to complete FA forms...So consensus is March 6th??? Even with the February 28th/FA application correlation?
Based on the SSN email I'm guessing march 6. But that won't stop me from being wired every day before then!
So consensus is March 6th??? Even with the February 28th/FA application correlation?
Yes, they could be just reneging on the Friday trend and do early next week. Would be early March, plenty of time to the FA application.
Acceptances first. Does Harvard WL?The suspense continues! Does anyone know around what time of day decisions are released?
They WL and RAcceptances first. Does Harvard WL?
I wonder how active the WL isThey WL and R
Probably not too active. Especially after this P/F Step fiasco.I wonder how active the WL is
Probably not too active. Especially after this P/F Step fiasco.
@chaim123 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
averagepremedmajor
Full Member
My bet is Monday, March 2nd. Friday the 6th is too late and it would be very odd if they said early March and dropped them in February. Also with the Fin aid stuff opening on the 1st, it seems logical. Just an educated guess
@chaim123 😉
Y'all are too funny Chillax, what happens happens.
I got off the WL, as did many of my most successful colleagues here. Money talks, and without merit aid here, there is definitely movement.
Do you mind me asking how long you and/or your colleagues waited to get off the WL?Y'all are too funny Chillax, what happens happens.
I got off the WL, as did many of my most successful colleagues here. Money talks, and without merit aid here, there is definitely movement.
Do you mind me asking how long you and/or your colleagues waited to get off the WL?
Some of us were accepted beginning of May. Others in July.
Some of us were accepted beginning of May. Others in July.
Hearing back in July must be nerve-racking