About the Ads

kkweens

2+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Y'all are too funny Chillax, what happens happens.

I got off the WL, as did many of my most successful colleagues here. Money talks, and without merit aid here, there is definitely movement.
Do you mind me asking how long you and/or your colleagues waited to get off the WL?

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
The 25%ish Post-II acceptance rate is including waitlist acceptances, correct? Good to know a WL isn't completely SOL!

May 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Where does the 25% post-II acceptance rate come from?

Reactions: koalaburrito
About the Ads

marcosma

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
If you check the lunar reflaxtion angle for the past three decision dates

okay this is crazy but...

if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday

chaim123

MD Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Status
Medical Student

if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday
This has definitely been one of the most creative conspiracy theories I've read on here. Could you tell us a little bit about what a "lunar reflaxtion angle" is?

marcosma

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
This has definitely been one of the most creative conspiracy theories I've read on here. Could you tell us a little bit about what a "lunar reflaxtion angle" is?
it’s the angle between
the moon and the centroid of the triangle formed by the three highest ranking HMS adcoms (they call themselves the reflaxors)

Engrailed

My hands are so dry.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
it’s the angle between
the moon and the centroid of the triangle formed by the three highest ranking HMS adcoms (they call themselves the reflaxors)
I’ve heard of it as well. It was published in Nature last year. Front cover story.

May 30, 2018
*HMS wants to know your location*

About the Ads

masala58413

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
How’s everyone hanging in?

I come from an Asian/brown family and they’ve told my relatives I’ve gotten accepted since I interviewed...back in September.

cant wait to tell them I’m an R/WL next week.
wow are you me? Not only that but I have a wedding in India the week after next. So I’ll be sharing the R/WL news with 1000 of my closest relatives

Last edited:

Med.Geek

2+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
wow are you me? Not only that but I have a wedding in India the week after next. So I’ll be sharing the R/WL news with 1000 of my closest relatives
Low key I am. My parents are hoping for the Harvard A so that it can increase my prospects for finding a wife. I just know it haha

Edit: looks like I’m getting married folks

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Decisions are normally released around 10 AM eastern, right?

Feb 12, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
So, is the consensus that we’ll be hearing early next week?

Aug 19, 2019
Status
So, is the consensus that we’ll be hearing early next week?
Idk... another tin foil hat idea:

In 2018-2019 cycle, fin aid was available 3/5 after 3/2 decisions. This year it's available 3/1...

It was also due in 18-19 on 3/19, 17 days after acceptance. This year it's due 3/16 which is 17 days after 2/28. download.jpg

Engrailed

My hands are so dry.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
Idk... another tin foil hat idea:

In 2018-2019 cycle, fin aid was available 3/5 after 3/2 decisions. This year it's available 3/1...

It was also due in 18-19 on 3/19, 17 days after acceptance. This year it's due 3/16 which is 17 days after 2/28. View attachment 296920
1582818943112.png

About the Ads
Mar 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Until you open the admissions portal you are both accepted, rejected, and waitlisted? Is that how the paradox works? Hope this helps your BP
how am I expected to be a functional person today knowing that this decision may be coming out tomorrow lol my blood pressure is through the roof!

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Soooo, most likely tomorrow or next Friday correct?
It could be between tomorrow and next Friday, yeah. I will be in CA for the first time all of next week for Spring Break so I will finally have the 3 hour behind advantage; I'll wake up at 9am PST and the decision will likely be there!

Med.Geek

2+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
It could be between tomorrow and next Friday, yeah. I will be in CA for the first time all of next week for Spring Break so I will finally have the 3 hour behind advantage; I'll wake up at 9am PST and the decision will likely be there!
Booking a flight to CA now for precisely this reason.

Reactions: coffee&scrubs
May 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?
I have been thinking about this! Someone answer please.

Reactions: mdprospect2024

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Reactions: mdprospect2024
Aug 19, 2019
Status
well the A's come out before the WL/R so if you get an email from like 10-10:15am, that's good news.

Reactions: Med.Geek
Jan 8, 2019
I'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.

But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
I'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.

But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.
I think a dark horse is Monday-Tuesday of next week. I doubt tomorrow.

Reactions: Engrailed
Jan 8, 2019
I think a dark horse is Monday-Tuesday of next week. I doubt tomorrow.
Yeah, my rationale is that there's not much incentive for them to release decisions earlier. If anything, why not take more time to deliberate on applications? Physicians (and generally everyone on the adcom) are also just way too busy to deliver earlier than expected.

chaim123

MD Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I know you all love to be neurotic but please, whenever you receive an email from any school, JUST READ IT.

/rant

Twinkle786

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2017
For those who’d get the acceptance emails tomorrow, the subject will read “Welcome to Harvard Medical School” so you won’t have to wait to open the email.
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
For those who’d get the acceptance emails tomorrow, the subject will read “Welcome to Harvard Medical School” so you won’t have to wait to open the email.
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!
You think tomorrow? Or do you know ;)

Last edited:
About the Ads