2019-2020 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The 25%ish Post-II acceptance rate is including waitlist acceptances, correct? Good to know a WL isn't completely SOL!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Where does the 25% post-II acceptance rate come from?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How’s everyone hanging in?

I come from an Asian/brown family and they’ve told my relatives I’ve gotten accepted since I interviewed...back in September.

cant wait to tell them I’m an R/WL next week.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
If it follows the same pattern as the last 3 years, the FA portal opens the 4th day after decision day, which could possibly be tomorrow

• Hmm
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

I come from an Asian/brown family and they’ve told my relatives I’ve gotten accepted since I interviewed...back in September.

well i pray you get accepted!!

• Love

My brown family doesnt even care if I get rejected, they're just happy i got an interview

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
My brown family doesnt even care if I get rejected, they're just happy i got an interview
My family is excited that my name will be on the same page as the Harvard logo when I get my rejection email

I don’t have the heart to tell them that even THAT may not happen if I get ghosted.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
If you check the lunar reflaxtion angle for the past three decision dates

okay this is crazy but...

if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday
If decisions come on Friday, this will 100% be why

• Haha

This has definitely been one of the most creative conspiracy theories I've read on here. Could you tell us a little bit about what a "lunar reflaxtion angle" is?

Reactions: 6 users
This has definitely been one of the most creative conspiracy theories I've read on here. Could you tell us a little bit about what a "lunar reflaxtion angle" is?

it’s the angle between
the moon and the centroid of the triangle formed by the three highest ranking HMS adcoms (they call themselves the reflaxors)

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 15 users
it’s the angle between
the moon and the centroid of the triangle formed by the three highest ranking HMS adcoms (they call themselves the reflaxors)

I’ve heard of it as well. It was published in Nature last year. Front cover story.

Members don't see this ad :)
*HMS wants to know your location*

• Haha

wow are you me? Not only that but I have a wedding in India the week after next. So I’ll be sharing the R/WL news with 1000 of my closest relatives

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
wow are you me? Not only that but I have a wedding in India the week after next. So I’ll be sharing the R/WL news with 1000 of my closest relatives

Low key I am. My parents are hoping for the Harvard A so that it can increase my prospects for finding a wife. I just know it haha

Edit: looks like I’m getting married folks

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Decisions are normally released around 10 AM eastern, right?

So, is the consensus that we’ll be hearing early next week?
Idk... another tin foil hat idea:

In 2018-2019 cycle, fin aid was available 3/5 after 3/2 decisions. This year it's available 3/1...

It was also due in 18-19 on 3/19, 17 days after acceptance. This year it's due 3/16 which is 17 days after 2/28.
download.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Idk... another tin foil hat idea:

In 2018-2019 cycle, fin aid was available 3/5 after 3/2 decisions. This year it's available 3/1...

It was also due in 18-19 on 3/19, 17 days after acceptance. This year it's due 3/16 which is 17 days after 2/28. View attachment 296920

1582818943112.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Soooo, most likely tomorrow or next Friday correct?

how am I expected to be a functional person today knowing that this decision may be coming out tomorrow lol my blood pressure is through the roof!

Until you open the admissions portal you are both accepted, rejected, and waitlisted? Is that how the paradox works? Hope this helps your BP
how am I expected to be a functional person today knowing that this decision may be coming out tomorrow lol my blood pressure is through the roof!

• Haha
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?

• Haha
Soooo, most likely tomorrow or next Friday correct?
It could be between tomorrow and next Friday, yeah. I will be in CA for the first time all of next week for Spring Break so I will finally have the 3 hour behind advantage; I'll wake up at 9am PST and the decision will likely be there!

• Haha
It could be between tomorrow and next Friday, yeah. I will be in CA for the first time all of next week for Spring Break so I will finally have the 3 hour behind advantage; I'll wake up at 9am PST and the decision will likely be there!

Booking a flight to CA now for precisely this reason.

To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?

I have been thinking about this! Someone answer please.

well the A's come out before the WL/R so if you get an email from like 10-10:15am, that's good news.

I'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.

But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.

I'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.

But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.
I think a dark horse is Monday-Tuesday of next week. I doubt tomorrow.

I think a dark horse is Monday-Tuesday of next week. I doubt tomorrow.

Yeah, my rationale is that there's not much incentive for them to release decisions earlier. If anything, why not take more time to deliberate on applications? Physicians (and generally everyone on the adcom) are also just way too busy to deliver earlier than expected.

I know you all love to be neurotic but please, whenever you receive an email from any school, JUST READ IT.

/rant

• Haha

Just a heads up Yale had told us the entire cycle that decisions would be out in early March and they came out today

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Attachments

• D1C0C8C2-44BD-46CC-8A86-EF89AA6E9836.gif
    D1C0C8C2-44BD-46CC-8A86-EF89AA6E9836.gif
    558.9 KB · Views: 85
For those who’d get the acceptance emails tomorrow, the subject will read “Welcome to Harvard Medical School” so you won’t have to wait to open the email.
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
For those who’d get the acceptance emails tomorrow, the subject will read “Welcome to Harvard Medical School” so you won’t have to wait to open the email.
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!
You think tomorrow? Or do you know ;)

Last edited:
I just got rejected by Columbia and Yale today and they said early March. My gut tells me tomorrow.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Based on their post history, they're an M1, so no reason they'd know anything. Or is that exactly what they want you to think?
Awake at 4:53 AM CST...I have just witnessed reality for us aspiring medical students, wherever we might end up.

Awake at 4:53 AM CST...I have just witnessed reality for us aspiring medical students, wherever we might end up.
Same I couldn't sleep past 7 so I'm gonna be high-key disappointed if nothing happens xD.

Yeah, is it "Admis
Same I couldn't sleep past 7 so I'm gonna be high-key disappointed if nothing happens xD.
I feel like I am ready for whatever the outcome is, because its been incredible to make it this far!

• Love
Yeah, is it "Admis

I feel like I am ready for whatever the outcome is, because its been incredible to make it this far!

Yeah y'all I was just wanna congratulate all of you for getting an interview at goddamn harvard medical school. I feel like in this process we get tunnel vision about focusing on the next step, and not everyone may have had super supportive friends and family who let them know this, but it is incredibly exceptional for you to have gotten this far. Regardless of what results we get in the next few days, you kicked ass!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Yeah y'all I was just wanna congratulate all of you for getting an interview at goddamn harvard medical school. I feel like in this process we get tunnel vision about focusing on the next step, and not everyone may have had super supportive friends and family who let them know this, but it is incredibly exceptional for you to have gotten this far. Regardless of what results we get in the next few days, you kicked ass!
I needed this. Hope we’re future classmates or colleagues somewhere!

• Love
We have entered the witching hour (maybe?)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users