-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Harvard
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Usnews. They have the number of people interviewed and number of people accepted if you get the subscription.Where does the 25% post-II acceptance rate come from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted987990
well i pray you get accepted!!How’s everyone hanging in?
I come from an Asian/brown family and they’ve told my relatives I’ve gotten accepted since I interviewed...back in September.
cant wait to tell them I’m an R/WL next week.
How’s everyone hanging in?
I come from an Asian/brown family and they’ve told my relatives I’ve gotten accepted since I interviewed...back in September.
cant wait to tell them I’m an R/WL next week.
My brown family doesnt even care if I get rejected, they're just happy i got an interview
My family is excited that my name will be on the same page as the Harvard logo when I get my rejection emailMy brown family doesnt even care if I get rejected, they're just happy i got an interview
I don’t have the heart to tell them that even THAT may not happen if I get ghosted.
If decisions come on Friday, this will 100% be whyIf you check the lunar reflaxtion angle for the past three decision dates
okay this is crazy but...
if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday
If you check the lunar reflaxtion angle for the past three decision dates
okay this is crazy but...
if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday
This has definitely been one of the most creative conspiracy theories I've read on here. Could you tell us a little bit about what a "lunar reflaxtion angle" is?
This has definitely been one of the most creative conspiracy theories I've read on here. Could you tell us a little bit about what a "lunar reflaxtion angle" is?
it’s the angle between
the moon and the centroid of the triangle formed by the three highest ranking HMS adcoms (they call themselves the reflaxors)
it’s the angle between
the moon and the centroid of the triangle formed by the three highest ranking HMS adcoms (they call themselves the reflaxors)
I’ve heard of it as well. It was published in Nature last year. Front cover story.
*HMS wants to know your location*
If you check the lunar reflaxtion angle for the past three decision dates
okay this is crazy but...
if you check that angle, the same angle was on each day. 15.5 degrees. And when is the next time the angle is 15.5 degrees? This Friday
How’s everyone hanging in?
I come from an Asian/brown family and they’ve told my relatives I’ve gotten accepted since I interviewed...back in September.
cant wait to tell them I’m an R/WL next week.
wow are you me? Not only that but I have a wedding in India the week after next. So I’ll be sharing the R/WL news with 1000 of my closest relatives
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow are you me? Not only that but I have a wedding in India the week after next. So I’ll be sharing the R/WL news with 1000 of my closest relatives
Low key I am. My parents are hoping for the Harvard A so that it can increase my prospects for finding a wife. I just know it haha
Edit: looks like I’m getting married folks
Last edited:
Yep, in waves with MSTP A's first.Decisions are normally released around 10 AM eastern, right?
So, is the consensus that we’ll be hearing early next week?
Idk... another tin foil hat idea:So, is the consensus that we’ll be hearing early next week?
In 2018-2019 cycle, fin aid was available 3/5 after 3/2 decisions. This year it's available 3/1...
It was also due in 18-19 on 3/19, 17 days after acceptance. This year it's due 3/16 which is 17 days after 2/28.
Idk... another tin foil hat idea:
In 2018-2019 cycle, fin aid was available 3/5 after 3/2 decisions. This year it's available 3/1...
It was also due in 18-19 on 3/19, 17 days after acceptance. This year it's due 3/16 which is 17 days after 2/28. View attachment 296920
Soooo, most likely tomorrow or next Friday correct?
D
deleted987990
tomorrow is my vote. i just have a feeling....
Schrodinger's Chat
Full Member
how am I expected to be a functional person today knowing that this decision may be coming out tomorrow lol my blood pressure is through the roof!
Until you open the admissions portal you are both accepted, rejected, and waitlisted? Is that how the paradox works? Hope this helps your BP
how am I expected to be a functional person today knowing that this decision may be coming out tomorrow lol my blood pressure is through the roof!
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?
It could be between tomorrow and next Friday, yeah. I will be in CA for the first time all of next week for Spring Break so I will finally have the 3 hour behind advantage; I'll wake up at 9am PST and the decision will likely be there!Soooo, most likely tomorrow or next Friday correct?
It could be between tomorrow and next Friday, yeah. I will be in CA for the first time all of next week for Spring Break so I will finally have the 3 hour behind advantage; I'll wake up at 9am PST and the decision will likely be there!
Booking a flight to CA now for precisely this reason.
D
deleted987990
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?
I have been thinking about this! Someone answer please.
Like based on past years emails maybe? I doubt they change it much?I have been thinking about this! Someone answer please.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?
well the A's come out before the WL/R so if you get an email from like 10-10:15am, that's good news.
I'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.
But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.
But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.
I think a dark horse is Monday-Tuesday of next week. I doubt tomorrow.I'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.
But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.
I think a dark horse is Monday-Tuesday of next week. I doubt tomorrow.
Yeah, my rationale is that there's not much incentive for them to release decisions earlier. If anything, why not take more time to deliberate on applications? Physicians (and generally everyone on the adcom) are also just way too busy to deliver earlier than expected.
To delve into increased layers of neurotics, what are some keywords we should be looking for in that first email. Will they put Acceptance in the email subject? Will it start with, "Congratulations", like the interview? Or, "On behalf of the admissions committee..". Will a reject have the ominous "Admissions Decision" subject line?
I know you all love to be neurotic but please, whenever you receive an email from any school, JUST READ IT.
/rant
Just a heads up Yale had told us the entire cycle that decisions would be out in early March and they came out todayI'm going to bet next week. I've always heard "the first week of March" from the people there.
But if decisions come out tomorrow, it'll be a surprise to be sure - but a welcome one.
STOPPPJust a heads up Yale had told us the entire cycle that decisions would be out in early March and they came out today
I know you all love to be neurotic but please, whenever you receive an email from any school, JUST READ IT.
/rant
Attachments
For those who’d get the acceptance emails tomorrow, the subject will read “Welcome to Harvard Medical School” so you won’t have to wait to open the email.
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!
You think tomorrow? Or do you know 😉For those who’d get the acceptance emails tomorrow, the subject will read “Welcome to Harvard Medical School” so you won’t have to wait to open the email.
its very exciting you guys, I remember my time my heart almost dropped when I saw the email (it was around 9:45am), hope it’s good news for all of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!
Last edited:
I just got rejected by Columbia and Yale today and they said early March. My gut tells me tomorrow.
You think tomorrow? Or do you know 😉
Based on their post history, they're an M1, so no reason they'd know anything. Or is that exactly what they want you to think?
Awake at 4:53 AM CST...I have just witnessed reality for us aspiring medical students, wherever we might end up.Based on their post history, they're an M1, so no reason they'd know anything. Or is that exactly what they want you to think?
Same I couldn't sleep past 7 so I'm gonna be high-key disappointed if nothing happens xD.Awake at 4:53 AM CST...I have just witnessed reality for us aspiring medical students, wherever we might end up.
D
deleted987990
Yeah, is it "Admis
I feel like I am ready for whatever the outcome is, because its been incredible to make it this far!Same I couldn't sleep past 7 so I'm gonna be high-key disappointed if nothing happens xD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spontaneous23
Full Member
Yeah, is it "Admis
I feel like I am ready for whatever the outcome is, because its been incredible to make it this far!
Yeah y'all I was just wanna congratulate all of you for getting an interview at goddamn harvard medical school. I feel like in this process we get tunnel vision about focusing on the next step, and not everyone may have had super supportive friends and family who let them know this, but it is incredibly exceptional for you to have gotten this far. Regardless of what results we get in the next few days, you kicked ass!
I needed this. Hope we’re future classmates or colleagues somewhere!Yeah y'all I was just wanna congratulate all of you for getting an interview at goddamn harvard medical school. I feel like in this process we get tunnel vision about focusing on the next step, and not everyone may have had super supportive friends and family who let them know this, but it is incredibly exceptional for you to have gotten this far. Regardless of what results we get in the next few days, you kicked ass!
We have entered the witching hour (maybe?)
10-10:15 for A. WL/R came after I believe.what time did decisioons come out last year?