Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only listed enough to fulfill the requirement
They want you to list the classes that you want them to consider as fulfilling the requirement. Gen chem+lab, orgo+lab, bio+lab, etc. Nothing extra.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I only listed enough to fulfill the requirement
Is Harvard receptive to post interview updates? Does anyone remember the saying anything about this during interview day?
Are we better off waiting till decision to send in updates? From what I understand our applications are already in 1 of 3 piles. Correct me if I'm wrongYou get up to two updates that can be uploaded to the portal.
Are we better off waiting till decision to send in updates? From what I understand our applications are already in 1 of 3 piles. Correct me if I'm wrong
Oh, so sending in an update right now wouldn't count for much even though they claim to only begin evaluating once everyone interviews? So if i'm in the "waitlist" pile this won't do anything and would be better off sending everything once I get a decision?Are we better off waiting till decision to send in updates? From what I understand our applications are already in 1 of 3 piles. Correct me if I'm wrong
Just my hunch, but I think they probably have a good sense of where you are in the A/WL/R category after you interview, and they spend the month deliberating on more marginal cases and on crafting a full class, but I could also be wrong about this.Oh, so sending in an update right now wouldn't count for much even though they claim to only begin evaluating once everyone interviews? So if i'm in the "waitlist" pile this won't do anything and would be better off sending everything once I get a decision?
@chaim123 is this your understanding as well?
Lots of uncertain words here lol...I couldn't say for certain. But I would expect that it may be like this.
For me, it just came from intuition. What else would they do? Not think about you for 3 months? Seems highly unlikely. At some point they have to stratify, and I bet there are some criteria they use early on to make the February deliberations easier.Lots of uncertain words here lol...
couldn’t, would, may.
where is the “three pile” decision post interview-information coming from exactly? Inquiring minds want to know
Lots of uncertain words here lol...
couldn’t, would, may.
where is the “three pile” decision post interview-information coming from exactly? Inquiring minds want to know
Should I hope for interview from Harvard or any other University now or is it too late and I should try next year?
Thank you 🙂Last year Jan 18th was the final interview date for Harvard, some other schools have longer seasons!
Did any of you who sent updates get a confirmation email after submitting thru the portal?
Question for harvard/ other schools where I've interviewed but haven't received acceptances- should I go ahead and fill out fin aid forms? or do people typically wait until after they've received a decision? I know we can do FAFSA/ CSS now, but was wondering about institution-specific forms, tax returns etc.
Is there a fee for each CSS school?
for my interviewers? I just found their emails and did it that wayAnyone send in thank you letters for pathways/hst?
Anyone send in thank you letters for pathways/hst?
Anyone send in thank you letters for pathways/hst?
Does anyone have any theories about when we will hear back about acceptances?
Unfortunately notAny more II this year?
How are you certain? Just curious! 🙂Unfortunately not
Last year’s thread. I don’t remember the exact time but basically done with invites mid January.How are you certain? Just curious! 🙂
How are you certain? Just curious! 🙂
Can confirm interviews ended in mid-January.
Any idea when the committee meeting is held?
You are appreciated LOL
on pre-II ghost still, so does this mean its an R and they just do not formally send one out?
Yes, we will get our R's in i believe march
Wasn't it the morning of March 1st last year?They said end of the first week in March at my interview, so I'd guess March 6 approx.
Wasn't it the morning of March 1st last year?
MSAR says "acceptance notice-earliest date sent: March 1, 2020" I guess we won't know until we know!I mean that day was the first Friday in March as well
Anybody have a vague idea of when the committee meets (or met) to make final decisions? I would like to update on a recently reviewed publication but I don’t know if it’s futile at this point
Hi all! Current 1st year at HMS, let me know if you have any questions about HMS and since acceptance emails are likely to go out in a few weeks, preemptively, feel free to ask questions about revisit!
Hi! Thank you for reaching out. Can I ask how you felt after your interview at HMS? Did you feel it went well and you had a good feeling about getting accepted?Hi all! Current 1st year at HMS, let me know if you have any questions about HMS and since acceptance emails are likely to go out in a few weeks, preemptively, feel free to ask questions about revisit!
4/5-4/7what are the dates for revisit? :~) a PREEMPTIVE q
I am taking a reallllly big leap of faith for Harvard. Received my degree a few years ago, but my AP credit for one class doesn't meet one of HMS requirements so I am taking a class at a community college that started today on top of working full time. The last day to withdraw without receiving is W is the last week of Feb, before Harvard releases decisions. Only doing this because I thought my interview went pretty great. Pray for me.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.