You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Illinois
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted850921
Smhhhhh you’re telling me I got a silent R from GMED? I THOUGHT I WAS DONE WITH SILENT RS THIS CYCLE lolGMED held all interviews on March 31, and people will hear back on the 17th.
I thought it was chill and mine were friendly too! Felt like they were just tryna get to know me and my fit for UMEDThose that interviewed for UMed, how did you all feel about it?
I thought the interview was really chill and the interviewers were very friendly!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted850921
Has anyone heard back from CEMED or know if it’s worth it? (In terms of time commitment, skills, etc)
Has anyone heard back from CEMED or know if it’s worth it? (In terms of time commitment, skills, etc)
I heard back today. It sounds like a cool program. From what I understand, the special programs are not a huge time commitment. In terms of if it's worth it or not, I think it depends on what you want to do with your career in medicine. If you're interested in getting involved in healthcare administration or getting an MBA down the line, I think the knowledge base and experience will be really useful. Obviously just my opinion though.
D
deleted850921
Fam open your profile I can't start a conversation with you. Or please message me, just curious on your thoughts on the programI heard back today. It sounds like a cool program. From what I understand, the special programs are not a huge time commitment. In terms of if it's worth it or not, I think it depends on what you want to do with your career in medicine. If you're interested in getting involved in healthcare administration or getting an MBA down the line, I think the knowledge base and experience will be really useful. Obviously just my opinion though.
also accepted to CEMEDHas anyone heard back from CEMED or know if it’s worth it? (In terms of time commitment, skills, etc)
D
deleted850921
192 UIC medical students graduate early | UIC today
Seems like UIC also graduated some students early, doesn’t seem like they’re being forced to work early, though I’m not sure from this update
shakabrahh
Full Member
Anyone still have a red exclamation point next to “complete fafsa” in the portal even though fafsa has been complete for a long time? I reached out to financial aid a couple weeks ago and was told they just sent my info to the admissions office for updating but red exclamation point has still not changed. A little worried I may be at a financial aid disadvantage because of this
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bornldentity
Full Member
Got an A from the UMed program!
D
deleted787583
Has anyone else still not gotten their UIC login yet?
i emailed the medadmit account and they helped me set it up within the hour!Has anyone else still not gotten their UIC login yet?
Congrats! +1Got an A from the UMed program!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else heard back from UMED? I haven't received anything yet
Got an A from the UMed program!
Congratulations!! I wonder if they are getting back to people one by one? I haven't heard anything yet.
Bornldentity
Full Member
Congratulations!! I wonder if they are getting back to people one by one? I haven't heard anything yet.
It seems like it. Nikki said everyone would receive a response by the end of the week.
Got the UMed R today, will be withdrawing my seat (was assigned Rockford). Congrats to those accepted to the program, and hope my spot goes to someone who needs it!
Bornldentity
Full Member
Has anyone else started on the Castlebranch + Fingerprinting requirements? I thought there was a pre-matriculation drug test, but it isn't showing up on either of those portals. Also, can a normal doctor do the titers or do I have to go to a special lab?
Not sure if you have checked their FAFSA page, but there is some information here:
Bornldentity
Full Member
Has anyone else started on the Castlebranch + Fingerprinting requirements? I thought there was a pre-matriculation drug test, but it isn't showing up on either of those portals. Also, can a normal doctor do the titers or do I have to go to a special lab?
Yes, I received them today. I do not recall a drug test requirement but I may have just forgotten.
Also, I think our PCP can place the order for us and either draw the blood or send us to a lab. Either way, I would contact the admissions office or a current student if you want to be sure.
futureDOC909
New Member
I am pretty sure the drug test happens on campus after matriculation
I
I also don't have them yet - I just emailed the admissions office asking about that.Did anyone apply to PCM without the UIC ID or email? I don't have either and the application is asking for both? Are there fellow students who still do not have them?
Let me know how they respond, I emailed them a week ago and have not gotten back anything lol.I
I also don't have them yet - I just emailed the admissions office asking about that.
D
deleted787583
Same and now my AMP application portal isn’t working at all
Let me know how they respond, I emailed them a week ago and have not gotten back anything lol.
They had a power outage this morning so that could be why.Same and now my AMP application portal isn’t working at all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering this as wellDoes anyone know if IL allows in-state tuition after becoming a resident after the first year or something?
I dont think its possible to gain in-state residency as a student in IL. Heres a FAQ I pulled up from their page.Does anyone know if IL allows in-state tuition after becoming a resident after the first year or something?
I am not an Illinois resident. How can I become a resident for tuition purposes?
If you are a dependent: Your family must live in or move to Illinois. The in-state tuition rate would begin at the start of the next term.
If you are not a dependent: You must live in Illinois for one full year for non-educational purposes. This means you may not attend school for the year you are establishing residency.
Here's the link regarding in-state residency I got from UIC admissions page for more info: Residency Status Requirements - UAPS
shakabrahh
Full Member
Does anyone have any insider knowledge on how to get the activation token to log in to check financial aid? I have not had any luck for the past week emailing medadmit. Thanks in advance for your help!
I tried emailing the computer center like someone else in this thread did successfully and they told me to check my acceptance letter (not there) or reach out to admissions :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, I had to do some calling around and found out. I went to my.uic.edu, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on “support/help,” filled out the form with my information, and someone emailed me with the key about an hour later.I tried emailing the computer center like someone else in this thread did successfully and they told me to check my acceptance letter (not there) or reach out to admissions :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
futureDOC909
New Member
Did any accepted students get that updated email about the immunizations? It says anything highlighted in yellow, we will have to wait until after matriculation to attain (such as the 10-panel drug test). But at the bullet point at the bottom, it does not include the drug panel within the parentheses. Is this a typo, or will we have to get the drug test before we matriculate? I am just wondering because if we do have to get it before matriculation, then I can start setting that up.
Thank you so much!! This is super helpful. Access at last...Hi, I had to do some calling around and found out. I went to my.uic.edu, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on “support/help,” filled out the form with my information, and someone emailed me with the key about an hour later.
When is the specific Commit to Enroll deadline?
Has anyone received merit scholarships from UIC?
I had to request my activation code from the UIC computer help desk, as if I “forgot” it, but they emailed me back in a few hours and then from there you can create your email as you activate your ID.Does anyone know how to retrieve their uic.edu email and/or view their financial aid??
Thank you!!I had to request my activation code from the UIC computer help desk, as if I “forgot” it, but they emailed me back in a few hours and then from there you can create your email as you activate your ID.
Have any admitted students appealed campus placement and heard anything? I know they said after 4/30 on the portal for earliest decisions, but wondering if corona changes this. I have also heard of someone finding out already so I wanted to check.
Do you know for the person who already heard back when they petitioned?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted787583
Wait really? I just submitted mine 2 days ago because I thought they didn’t start looking at them until after the “Plan to Enroll” deadline on the 30th.Have any admitted students appealed campus placement and heard anything? I know they said after 4/30 on the portal for earliest decisions, but wondering if corona changes this. I have also heard of someone finding out already so I wanted to check.
dope a mean
Full Member
When is the specific Commit to Enroll deadline?
+1 - I just emailed them to find out
Hard to let this one go, but I withdrew my A today. Good luck to everyone!
Is there a tab on the portal to do this or did you just send an email to medadmit?Hard to let this one go, but I withdrew my A today. Good luck to everyone!
Its July 1st+1 - I just emailed them to find out