2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those that interviewed for UMed, how did you all feel about it?

I thought the interview was really chill and the interviewers were very friendly!

Members don't see this ad.

GMED held all interviews on March 31, and people will hear back on the 17th.
Smhhhhh you’re telling me I got a silent R from GMED? I THOUGHT I WAS DONE WITH SILENT RS THIS CYCLE lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Those that interviewed for UMed, how did you all feel about it?

I thought the interview was really chill and the interviewers were very friendly!
I thought it was chill and mine were friendly too! Felt like they were just tryna get to know me and my fit for UMED

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from CEMED or know if it’s worth it? (In terms of time commitment, skills, etc)

Has anyone heard back from CEMED or know if it’s worth it? (In terms of time commitment, skills, etc)

I heard back today. It sounds like a cool program. From what I understand, the special programs are not a huge time commitment. In terms of if it's worth it or not, I think it depends on what you want to do with your career in medicine. If you're interested in getting involved in healthcare administration or getting an MBA down the line, I think the knowledge base and experience will be really useful. Obviously just my opinion though.

I heard back today. It sounds like a cool program. From what I understand, the special programs are not a huge time commitment. In terms of if it's worth it or not, I think it depends on what you want to do with your career in medicine. If you're interested in getting involved in healthcare administration or getting an MBA down the line, I think the knowledge base and experience will be really useful. Obviously just my opinion though.
Fam open your profile I can't start a conversation with you. Or please message me, just curious on your thoughts on the program

Kindly withdrew from UICOM. Good luck everyone <3

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still have a red exclamation point next to “complete fafsa” in the portal even though fafsa has been complete for a long time? I reached out to financial aid a couple weeks ago and was told they just sent my info to the admissions office for updating but red exclamation point has still not changed. A little worried I may be at a financial aid disadvantage because of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone how to go about accepting loans like how to do it and when we have to do it by? I have my UIC account and can see my offered financial aid but not sure exactly what to do from here.

Has anyone else still not gotten their UIC login yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the UMed R today, will be withdrawing my seat (was assigned Rockford). Congrats to those accepted to the program, and hope my spot goes to someone who needs it!

Does anyone have any information on scholarships or tuition waivers? OOS student here

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else started on the Castlebranch + Fingerprinting requirements? I thought there was a pre-matriculation drug test, but it isn't showing up on either of those portals. Also, can a normal doctor do the titers or do I have to go to a special lab?

Has anyone else started on the Castlebranch + Fingerprinting requirements? I thought there was a pre-matriculation drug test, but it isn't showing up on either of those portals. Also, can a normal doctor do the titers or do I have to go to a special lab?

Yes, I received them today. I do not recall a drug test requirement but I may have just forgotten.

Also, I think our PCP can place the order for us and either draw the blood or send us to a lab. Either way, I would contact the admissions office or a current student if you want to be sure.

Did anyone apply to PCM without the UIC ID or email? I don't have either and the application is asking for both? Are there fellow students who still do not have them?

Waitlist for GMED. Does anyone have some idea about how much waitlist movement there is?

I
Did anyone apply to PCM without the UIC ID or email? I don't have either and the application is asking for both? Are there fellow students who still do not have them?
I also don't have them yet - I just emailed the admissions office asking about that.

I

I also don't have them yet - I just emailed the admissions office asking about that.
Let me know how they respond, I emailed them a week ago and have not gotten back anything lol.

Does anyone know if IL allows in-state tuition after becoming a resident after the first year or something?

Does anyone know if IL allows in-state tuition after becoming a resident after the first year or something?
I dont think its possible to gain in-state residency as a student in IL. Heres a FAQ I pulled up from their page.

I am not an Illinois resident. How can I become a resident for tuition purposes?

If you are a dependent: Your family must live in or move to Illinois. The in-state tuition rate would begin at the start of the next term.

If you are not a dependent: You must live in Illinois for one full year for non-educational purposes. This means you may not attend school for the year you are establishing residency.

Here's the link regarding in-state residency I got from UIC admissions page for more info: Residency Status Requirements - UAPS

Does anyone have any insider knowledge on how to get the activation token to log in to check financial aid? I have not had any luck for the past week emailing medadmit. Thanks in advance for your help!

Does anyone have any insider knowledge on how to get the activation token to log in to check financial aid? I have not had any luck for the past week emailing medadmit. Thanks in advance for your help!

I tried emailing the computer center like someone else in this thread did successfully and they told me to check my acceptance letter (not there) or reach out to admissions :/

I tried emailing the computer center like someone else in this thread did successfully and they told me to check my acceptance letter (not there) or reach out to admissions :/

Hi, I had to do some calling around and found out. I went to my.uic.edu, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on “support/help,” filled out the form with my information, and someone emailed me with the key about an hour later.

Reactions: 2 users
Did any accepted students get that updated email about the immunizations? It says anything highlighted in yellow, we will have to wait until after matriculation to attain (such as the 10-panel drug test). But at the bullet point at the bottom, it does not include the drug panel within the parentheses. Is this a typo, or will we have to get the drug test before we matriculate? I am just wondering because if we do have to get it before matriculation, then I can start setting that up.

Hi, I had to do some calling around and found out. I went to my.uic.edu, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on “support/help,” filled out the form with my information, and someone emailed me with the key about an hour later.
Thank you so much!! This is super helpful. Access at last...

Does anyone know how to retrieve their uic.edu email and/or view their financial aid??

Have any admitted students appealed campus placement and heard anything? I know they said after 4/30 on the portal for earliest decisions, but wondering if corona changes this. I have also heard of someone finding out already so I wanted to check.

Have any admitted students appealed campus placement and heard anything? I know they said after 4/30 on the portal for earliest decisions, but wondering if corona changes this. I have also heard of someone finding out already so I wanted to check.

Do you know for the person who already heard back when they petitioned?

Wait really? I just submitted mine 2 days ago because I thought they didn’t start looking at them until after the “Plan to Enroll” deadline on the 30th.

Hard to let this one go, but I withdrew my A today. Good luck to everyone!