2019-2020 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on delayed decision heard back at all lately?

Nope. I interviewed in January, got the delayed decision in February, and it's been radio silent since. They didn't even respond to my email asking what we should expect for the timeline given the covid pandemic and adcom working from home. Bit frustrating.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yea I also emailed them and got no reply. Definitely is frustrating

I also emailed months ago regarding clarification for delayed decision and haven’t received a response :/

I also got a “delayed decision” and I’m glad I’m not the only one in the dark still. Definitely thought I would be hearing an answer one way or another by now...

For other people looking for apartments in Chicago, how much is too much to spend on rent? I’m trying to live alone and I’ve found a nice 1BR close to campus for 1350 a month. Is that too expensive for someone living off loans alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an email saying I have been "advanced from delayed decision to formal waitlist."

Reactions: 1 user
I got the email too. Anyone hear otherwise?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have withdrawn my application. As an OOS applicant, it came down to the finances. Good luck to everyone on the wait-list! This is an awesome school.

Can anyone help me make sense of this waitlist process? I initially thought that delayed decision was just another word for waitlist, because I thought spots that opened up after the April 30th deadline would go to those on delayed decision. But does this mean we weren’t ranked until now? Was anyone at all accepted off of delayed decision?

Can anyone help me make sense of this waitlist process? I initially thought that delayed decision was just another word for waitlist, because I thought spots that opened up after the April 30th deadline would go to those on delayed decision. But does this mean we weren’t ranked until now? Was anyone at all accepted off of delayed decision?

When I reached out about a week and a half ago, I was told that once May hit they would be notifying delayed decision people about a formal waitlist. So no, I don't think a waitlist existed until now.

When I reached out about a week and a half ago, I was told that once May hit they would be notifying delayed decision people about a formal waitlist. So no, I don't think a waitlist existed until now.

Wait, does it mean there would be some delayed decision people who wouldn't get on the waitlist (or just that they were forming the formal waitlist now)?

I thought they consider all interviewees until the end.

Wait, does it mean there would be some delayed decision people who wouldn't get on the waitlist (or just that they were forming the formal waitlist now)?

I thought they consider all interviewees until the end.
Maybe it’s like batches. They have a next set they’re planning to send so they’re demarcating those. But then again I may be saying that to feel better too :whistle:

If I may ask those who received waitlist positions, when did you interview? I wonder if they’re sending wait list positions in batches, in order of interview dates.

If I may ask those who received waitlist positions, when did you interview? I wonder if they’re sending wait list positions in batches, in order of interview dates.
I interviewed at the end of February on the last interview date at the Rockford campus

I interviewed in late Feb at Rockford as well, did everyone here get the waitlist email?

Thank you all! I interviewed early March, and received the email. Perhaps they sent it to all delayed decision applicants then.

I interviewed in December, delayed decision in January, still no waitlist email... By the way does it say if you will know your rank on the waitlist?

I interviewed in December, delayed decision in January, still no waitlist email... By the way does it say if you will know your rank on the waitlist?
I interviewed in February at the Peoria campus. Delayed decision in March, and I also haven’t received a waitlist email...

Nope. It just says we've been advanced to the waitlist and that we may be offered a spot at any point until the week before classes begin.

Are all of you who received the waitlist email IS? I wonder if they are ranking the IS people separately from the OOS. Otherwise, I think I've seen a few instances on this page earlier on where some people were put on "delayed decision" status without getting the email. Maybe it's a similar case as that?

Are all of you who received the waitlist email IS? I wonder if they are ranking the IS people separately from the OOS. Otherwise, I think I've seen a few instances on this page earlier on where some people were put on "delayed decision" status without getting the email. Maybe it's a similar case as that?

Yea I’m IS.

I was told the committee will be holding a meeting the 21st. Guessing WL info will be sent after that.

Is anyone else worried about how our first year might be affected with COVID-19 ahhh?

Is anyone else worried about how our first year might be affected with COVID-19 ahhh?

I talked to a graduating M4 and she said based upon emails they’ve gotten it seems like they want to have some in person things but they will be provided in multiple sessions to allow for more social distancing.

I talked to a graduating M4 and she said based upon emails they’ve gotten it seems like they want to have some in person things but they will be provided in multiple sessions to allow for more social distancing.

Sounds like we can kiss white coat goodbye then. Hopefully they reschedule it instead of getting rid of it all together

Sounds like we can kiss white coat goodbye then. Hopefully they reschedule it instead of getting rid of it all together

That’s what I have been thinking about too. But I will say that the administration is planning to have some courses, like labs, in person for the undergraduates this Fall. Any large lectures will be done online, and any course that is less than 70 people will be held in person.

I’m going to assume that the white coat ceremony will depend on what phase of Pritzker’s contingency plan we will be on. At this point, who knows though. Sigh.

That’s what I have been thinking about too. But I will say that the administration is planning to have some courses, like labs, in person for the undergraduates this Fall. Any large lectures will be done online, and any course that is less than 70 people will be held in person.

I’m going to assume that the white coat ceremony will depend on what phase of Pritzker’s contingency plan we will be on. At this point, who knows though. Sigh.
I’m interested to see what the hybrid curriculum will look like if they do decide to go that route. I’ll take whatever I can get at this point lol.

According to Pritzker’s plan, we won’t be having a white coat ceremony until a vaccine is made so...there’s that lol

I’m interested to see what the hybrid curriculum will look like if they do decide to go that route. I’ll take whatever I can get at this point lol.

According to Pritzker’s plan, we won’t be having a white coat ceremony until a vaccine is made so...there’s that lol

Same. I don't mind e-learning for the most part. I just don't know how I feel about anatomy being taught that way.

Well, I'm sort of banking on a treatment that will prevent our healthcare systems from being overwhelmed part lol. It is probably too ambitious of me to think that is possible. I really want to have that ceremony lol. But if it means putting people at risk, not worth it.

Same. I don't mind e-learning for the most part. I just don't know how I feel about anatomy being taught that way.

Well, I'm sort of banking on a treatment that will prevent our healthcare systems from being overwhelmed part lol. It is probably too ambitious of me to think that is possible. I really want to have that ceremony lol. But if it means putting people at risk, not worth it.
I think my biggest issue with e-learning is missing out on building relationships with our cohort. I really want to meet you guys! Online second look left a lot to be desired in terms of getting to know each other lol.

I definitely agree with you about anatomy though. Fortunately, we don’t actually get into the anatomy lab until January, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we can be back to normal by then. Maybe our white coat ceremony can even be rescheduled for then.

Personally really don’t do well with e learning. Got assigned Peoria so maybe it will be less covid-altered environment?? Who really knows though, given the Wisconsin thing!