-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Illinois
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Apparently one of the interviews is an mmi. Does anyone have experience with MMIs, particularly those who interviewed here?
I received a complete email but I have heard that not everyone gets the email even though their application is marked complete and in queue for screeningDid anyone actually receive a complete email from UIC?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! Technically OOS but lived in Illinois for 22 years!
Tumornator
Full Member
Congrats! Complete date and LM?II today! Technically OOS but lived in Illinois for 22 years!
Thank you! TBH I don't know my complete date but sometime in July. and LM 66.7
Yeah, not a lot of options. Also I didn't realize the options would only be Peoria or Rockford.II instate. Right now they only have 2 dates next week and 1 in late October so I hope they add more in between.
Sent ITA a couple weeks ago. Nothing happening.Does anyone know if Illinois is receptive to ITA?
NomadMedic
Full Member
Awesome sauce!!!!!! Is that where you want to be?II this morning for chicago campus- earliest date 10/24
would give anythingAwesome sauce!!!!!! Is that where you want to be?
NomadMedic
Full Member
You got a month to prepare to CRUSH IT!!!!would give anything![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete date?II this morning for chicago campus- earliest date 10/24
July 14th!Complete date?
Was it the supplemental received email or a complete email?Hi!! So I submitted my secondary in late July but JUST got a complete email even though I am sure I had all the requirements in when I submitted the secondary. Casper, LOR, did I miss something?! Anyone else have this experience?
Because in my communication tab I only have 2 communications from them.
It was the complete email!Was it the supplemental received email or a complete email?
Because in my communication tab I only have 2 communications from them.
I got the supplemental received right after I sent it in.
Welp maybe I should email or call them. Jeez I've been "complete" since 7/11It was the complete email!
I got the supplemental received right after I sent it in.
cabbagefacts1
Full Member
Welp maybe I should email or call them. Jeez I've been "complete" since 7/11
Yeah I had to call in August to get my app marked complete on the portal, even though everything was submitted mid-July. Haven’t gotten a complete email either. Wonder if this is an actual issue? Like I hope we’re being considered without the email lol
Yeah I had to call in August to get my app marked complete on the portal, even though everything was submitted mid-July. Haven’t gotten a complete email either. Wonder if this is an actual issue? Like I hope we’re being considered without the email lol
Yeah, this is kind of worrying to me. Another portal had me marked "complete," with all green check marks for a month before I got a complete email from them yesterday, and I had assumed I was complete because all boxes were checked.
Yeah my portal says complete but I don't know if they have my CASPers or if my committee letter is being consideredYeah, this is kind of worrying to me. Another portal had me marked "complete," with all green check marks for a month before I got a complete email from them yesterday, and I had assumed I was complete because all boxes were checked.
D
deleted919212
As an IS applicant, I love this school. Ahhhh where is my interview 🙁 🙁 🙁
Yeah my portal says complete but I don't know if they have my CASPers or if my committee letter is being considered
I just checked CASPer's actual site to see mine had been delivered. I don't think it's been a problem for me at any school on my list. On the other hand, I did have to email their adcom directly to have my letters assigned.
I had a payment issue with CASPers even though it says all delivered I'm just double-checking. And at this point I want make sure about everything cause at Penn State they had everything marked complete but my letters weren't showing up. (Caused a delay in getting the complete email).I just checked CASPer's actual site to see mine had been delivered. I don't think it's been a problem for me at any school on my list. On the other hand, I did have to email their adcom directly to have my letters assigned.
I also thought I had been complete LOL I hope the email was just late or something lolWelp maybe I should email or call them. Jeez I've been "complete" since 7/11
I contacted them asking. I'll let you know if anything comes upI also thought I had been complete LOL I hope the email was just late or something lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
As long as you have a green check mark on the portal, you’re complete. I never got an email but I just called them yesterday and that’s what they told me.
Well I also just don't have the best of luck with UIC the last time I applied (3 years ago) they didn't even review my application because there was a glitch.As long as you have a green check mark on the portal, you’re complete. I never got an email but I just called them yesterday and that’s what they told me.
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
I completely understand. The same thing happened to me last time I applied there. That's why I'm extra neurotic about it and called them lolWell I also just don't have the best of luck with UIC the last time I applied (3 years ago) they didn't even review my application because there was a glitch.
Glad I'm not the only one lolI completely understand. The same thing happened to me last time I applied there. That's why I'm extra neurotic about it and called them lol
So you don’t need a complete email to be under review? As long as you have the green check mark you’re good?
Lol why is this so stressful
Lol why is this so stressful
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
That's exactly what they told me. Basically told me I've been complete and under review for months now and to just keep waiting.So you don’t need a complete email to be under review? As long as you have the green check mark you’re good?
Lol why is this so stressful
That's exactly what they told me. Basically told me I've been complete and under review for months now and to just keep waiting.
Thanks for reaching out to them. And again ugh I don't understand why they make this process so stressful lol
Yeah as long as the portal is all green checks and says complete we should be in queue for review as the adcom person responded to me said.Ah I did not mean to stress us out! I just got a little frightened for myself getting the email months after I thought I was done. Glad to hear it’s all ok!!
D
deleted919212
I'm trying to find out if UIC allows update letters?
I interviewed after the 17th and Dr. Amiri told us that it would be rolling admissions. Even explicitly dedicated a slide to it on her final presentation.Last year, UIC did some weird thing where it turned into a non-rolling admissions school only for interviewees who interviewed on or after September 17th.
Anyone know if they’re doing that again this cycle or is it back to rolling admissions?
Which campus are you interviewing at? I was in Chicago campus and it was an MMI followed by a one on one interview. The MMIs were not super difficult and actually got pretty fun towards the end. The one on one was also pretty chill and mine especially was extremely conversational, but I think mine was an anomaly.I’m trying to message you @and 99 others but it won’t let me, so I’ll ask it here lol.
If you don’t mind me asking, how was the interview? All know is that it’s 3 30-minute interviews. Any info or tips you could pass on?
I also allowed PMs so anyone feel free to ask what you want! Happy to help.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JessicaJones123
Full Member
Submitted mid July and have hear nothing. In State, high-stats.
yes last monday I got an IIAny IS folks get any recent II’s?
dope a mean
Full Member
II today IS! Submitted July 1st and LM~70
what was your earliest date available?II today IS! Submitted July 1st and LM~70
dope a mean
Full Member
what was your earliest date available?
There was one date next week for Rockford and a couple days at the end of October for Chicago