-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Illinois
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It was mostly downtime. Eating breakfast and chitchatting from what I remember.For anybody that's interviewed, when does the day actually begin? It says check-in starts at 8, but that everything really starts at 8:45. At other interview days that 45 minutes was usually downtime to talk to other applicants, is it the same thing here? Is it okay if I come in at like 8:30 or do I need to be there before 8?
For anybody that's interviewed, when does the day actually begin? It says check-in starts at 8, but that everything really starts at 8:45. At other interview days that 45 minutes was usually downtime to talk to other applicants, is it the same thing here? Is it okay if I come in at like 8:30 or do I need to be there before 8?
On my interview day we spoke to the M1 and M2 students at check in before formal introductions and that was very invaluable
It was mostly downtime. Eating breakfast and chitchatting from what I remember.
I definitely wouldn’t miss out on this, either. It’s a nice way to start off the day and you get to meet some people and talk about being a med student and the school itself and being a student there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were there no other times to talk to M1/M2 students? I plan on being there on the earlier side (closer to 8), but I was asking just in case I do end up stuck in traffic/navigating the garage etc.
During tour and then during lunch but it was so nice to break the ice with the students.
Any idea when Illinois stops sending IIs?
dope a mean
Full Member
Any idea when Illinois stops sending IIs?
They said that they are going to be interviewing till late February so I guess anytime till then
II today!! So shocked, really wanted an interview here! Complete 9/10!
FISTMCLARGEHUGE
Full Member
I just received that password reset email I requested in July.
Guess whos entering the ring here boys.
Guess whos entering the ring here boys.
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS?II today!! So shocked, really wanted an interview here! Complete 9/10!
Thank you! OOS! Which is why I am even more shocked.Congrats! Are you IS or OOS?
D
deleted894256
Congrats 🙂Thank you! OOS! Which is why I am even more shocked.
@osmosis2019 or any other OOS folks, does campus selection for OOS happen the same way as for IS? Or do all OOS people end up at the Chicago campus?
I have no idea but I'm from NYC originally so I imagine that my interest in Chicago due to my urban experiences, contributes to the choice.Congrats 🙂
@osmosis2019 or any other OOS folks, does campus selection for OOS happen the same way as for IS? Or do all OOS people end up at the Chicago campus?
So my secondary was submitted on 7/6. I'm not sure what date I became complete because my casper came in a little later. I never received an email but have all green checkmarks. For those of you that got interviews, did you ever get a notification/ did your portal ever say something along the lines of "your application is under review" or did it just say your application was complete? I'm slowly starting to lose hope that I'll get an interview at uic and it is one of my top choice schools. :/
I emailed the admission; they stated if you have all green checks you are under review.So my secondary was submitted on 7/6. I'm not sure what date I became complete because my casper came in a little later. I never received an email but have all green checkmarks. For those of you that got interviews, did you ever get a notification/ did your portal ever say something along the lines of "your application is under review" or did it just say your application was complete? I'm slowly starting to lose hope that I'll get an interview at uic and it is one of my top choice schools. :/
I also emailed admissions, since my CASPer wasn't showing for ~3 weeks even though my results were delivered. The next day I got an informal complete & under review email. Not sure if this is typical, I applied pretty late in the cycle...So my secondary was submitted on 7/6. I'm not sure what date I became complete because my casper came in a little later. I never received an email but have all green checkmarks. For those of you that got interviews, did you ever get a notification/ did your portal ever say something along the lines of "your application is under review" or did it just say your application was complete? I'm slowly starting to lose hope that I'll get an interview at uic and it is one of my top choice schools. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my first II ever today 🙂
IS & submitted 9/12!
IS & submitted 9/12!
mustbecomedoctor
Full Member
Got my first II ever today 🙂
IS & submitted 9/12!
Congratulations and good luck!! Now go get that A! You got this
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Is UIC no longer rolling? I submitted way back in July and still under review
Has anyone received any interviews for UIC's special programs? Like GMED, IMED, UMED, etc.
One of my friends got IMED
Congrats to him/her! Can I ask when they got the II? I've heard the program interviews in 3 waves (September, January, March) and I'm wondering if they've started inviting the January group yet.
Last edited:
For those who have interviewed this year in Chicago, was the traditional portion open or closed file?
They have access to your personal statement and secondary essays
medschoolgorl
Full Member
For people that interviewed, how were the MMIs (how many stations, ethics q?)
I went to look on my application portal today to see if there were any updates. I submitted my secondary in July.
Apparently my application was never marked complete because one of my professors never signed his letter of recommendation...
So that's been holding my application from being reviewed, but I never noticed until I randomly decided to check today.
Apparently my application was never marked complete because one of my professors never signed his letter of recommendation...
So that's been holding my application from being reviewed, but I never noticed until I randomly decided to check today.
Same. I thought it was just them being wonky and not sending a complete email.Just saw this happened to me as well. I talked to admissions, who claim it shouldn't delay things when I asked. I submitted a little later, so already at a disadvantage, but I found it strange how I never received a complete notification. I know sometimes UIC's portal is wonky so I just thought they didn't send emails for such a thing.
Updated beginning of this week, so nothing yet.Anyone have anything good come out of an update/letter of interest at UIC?
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Updated a few weeks ago, still nothing (as in still haven’t gotten an interview invite).Anyone have anything good come out of an update/letter of interest at UIC?
Updated a few weeks ago, still nothing (as in still haven’t gotten an interview invite).
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we have to put our preferences down in the portalJust got the A!! (out of state, interviewed late September, email not call)
Curious about campus assignment, have other people received theirs yet?
I interviewed mid-September and have not heard back yet. I’m afraid that at this point this may mean I’m just waiting on the inevitable R/Waitlist.
I think people just started hearing this morning so I wouldn’t count yourself out yet!!I interviewed mid-September and have not heard back yet. I’m afraid that at this point this may mean I’m just waiting on the inevitable R/Waitlist.
In case it helps anyone out, I interviewed Oct 30 at the Chicago campus and they told us the committee meets the third Thursday of each month and send either an acceptance or a deferred decision, I dunno how well that promise is holding up but I'm keeping my hopes up for this coming Thursday/Friday
I interviewed late september and havent heard anything yet so I don't think that is set in stone lolIn case it helps anyone out, I interviewed Oct 30 at the Chicago campus and they told us the committee meets the third Thursday of each month and send either an acceptance or a deferred decision, I dunno how well that promise is holding up but I'm keeping my hopes up for this coming Thursday/Friday
For those of you who have received your acceptances, do we have to "accept offer" before ranking our campus preferences? Kind of confused because what exactly does "accept offer" mean? Does it mean we are for sure going or?
D
deleted919212
Does anyone have any comments about UMED or GMED that they have heard from current students in the program. I’m not sure which one to pursue they are both very interesting to me.
Mid July, in state, very high stats (LM >80), crickets for Illinois yet many other IIs.Any IS people complete in mid/late August have yet to hear back?
Any IS people complete in mid/late August have yet to hear back?
Complete early August, still nothing from UIC. IS, ORM, LM 72 from a top-tier undergrad. It's a real bummer because I genuinely like the school a lot.
buddhadoc518
Full Member
What does ORM mean?Complete early August, still nothing from UIC. IS, ORM, LM 72 from a top-tier undergrad. It's a real bummer because I genuinely like the school a lot.
What does ORM mean?
Overrepresented in medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
buddhadoc518
Full Member
Ahhh! I know they’re big on serving rural/ diverse/ underserved populations. Does your application show that you have a passion or experience working with any of these populations? Cause otherwise your profile seems excellent.Overrepresented in medicine
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Complete mid-July, in-state, nothing yet. ~71 LizzyMAny IS people complete in mid/late August have yet to hear back?
cabbagefacts1
Full Member
Jumping in as another IS complete in July and yet to hear anything :/ I have average stats and always thought UIC would be my best chance at getting in lol clearly not
Nontrad_Reapp
Full Member
Another IS, complete in July. Nothing from UIC yet
Consideration for $100K lower debt via IS tuition.I’m curious, with so many other IIs and those stats, is there something specific you’re looking for at UIC still?
Will weigh any additional options come March once all Financial info is available.