2019-2020 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how to look at the secondary you submitted on the applicant gateway? I can't find an email with a link to the secondary. I'd like to review my secondary before my interview

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary prompt:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: LSU Shreveport

Were these the only prompts? What was the rest of the application? I just want to make sure bc I can't view my secondary on the applicant gateway and I want to look it over before my interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting to stress a bit since I haven't heard anything regarding my application. I retook the last MCAT of the year (Sept), so I applied late in the cycle. Still hopeful I'll be getting an II with this next round.

IS
3.8 Science GPA
504 MCAT

Not sure what my chances are but really hoping I Hear back from at least one of the LSU schools!

Any ideas on # of spots left at Shreveport?

Starting to stress a bit since I haven't heard anything regarding my application. I retook the last MCAT of the year (Sept), so I applied late in the cycle. Still hopeful I'll be getting an II with this next round.

IS
3.8 Science GPA
504 MCAT

Not sure what my chances are but really hoping I Hear back from at least one of the LSU schools!

Any ideas on # of spots left at Shreveport?
There’s 123 people in the class FB page. Total class number is 150, and there are 3-4 admins, so roughly 30-ish spots

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone spoken with admissions about when the next round of acceptances will be released?

There’s 123 people in the class FB page. Total class number is 150, and there are 3-4 admins, so roughly 30-ish spots
Not everyone who is in the FB group is committed to go either. So there's potential for even more spots

Got my acceptable list letter today. It said that I could hear from any time between a few days through august when I would get off the acceptable list. I saw previously that some people got off of the acceptable list in a few days. Is anyone still on the list and waiting to hear an update? just curious about how long I will be waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptable list letter today. It said that I could hear from any time between a few days through august when I would get off the acceptable list. I saw previously that some people got off of the acceptable list in a few days. Is anyone still on the list and waiting to hear an update? just curious about how long I will be waiting.

I been on the list for about a month. I’m somewhat expecting to hear something by the April 30 deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been on the acceptable list since mid-November.

I interviewed Oct 22. Placed on the acceptable list Nov 1. Accepted Dec 20. I would assume sometime in April or May that you’ll find out

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been on the acceptable list since t
I’ve been on the list since the end of January.

do you y'all know when the next acceptances might be going out?

do you y'all know when the next acceptances might be going out?
Well if you look at their website it says something about the admissions office being closed for 2 weeks... so I don’t think they’ll be having a meeting until April.

Received email from Dr. Kennedy.

When will the Committee meet again?
As you are aware, the current social distancing guidelines have been extended through April 30. We are in the process of determining how best to proceed with Committee meetings under the current protocols. We hope to have this resolved within two to three weeks.

When will I hear something?
When the Committee makes a final decision on your application (which will not happen until the Committee meets), you will be the first to know. We may contact you by telephone, email or US Mail. This could be any time in the next few weeks through the end of July.

Curious to see if LSU-S will conduct any more interviews via Zoom, like LSU Nola has. Has anybody received an II in the last month from Shreveport?

Curious to see if LSU-S will conduct any more interviews via Zoom, like LSU Nola has. Has anybody received an II in the last month from Shreveport?

Per website, admissions office is closed until May 1 and all interviews are postponed. Admissions office closed around March 17 due to covid.

On WL at Shreveport - does anyone know their stance on letters of intent? Does it help or is it nonfactor?

Has anyone heard when the committee might meet?
I think they are meeting today virtually, but that's just my interpretation of "soon". I was told that they were meeting virtually soon last week, so I'm assuming that would be today.

For the people that interviewed. Did they contact you by mail, email, or telephone?

For the people that interviewed. Did they contact you by mail, email, or telephone?
For the interview? They invited me by email.
For my "acceptable list" notice, it was by mail.

They just updated their website... the admissions office is no longer opening on May 1st and they don't know when they are going to meet again.

Current Cycle

The Admissions Committee will meet within the next few weeks to make decisions on remaining applicants. We do not currently have a firm date for this meeting. As soon as decisions are made, you will be notified. This could be any time between now and registration, scheduled for July 31, 2020.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
They just updated their website... the admissions office is no longer opening on May 1st and they don't know when they are going to meet again.

Current Cycle

The Admissions Committee will meet within the next few weeks to make decisions on remaining applicants. We do not currently have a firm date for this meeting. As soon as decisions are made, you will be notified. This could be any time between now and registration, scheduled for July 31, 2020.

I'm confused why they aren't doing video meetings for these so they're not so backed up?

I'm confused why they aren't doing video meetings for these so they're not so backed up?

I don't understand either. I was told that they would be meeting virtually, but that doesn't seem to be the case since they keep moving the date..

Holding out hope on the acceptable list but really hope an answer comes before the end of May. AMCAS deadline is today so hopefully that creates some spots to be filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone hear anything lately? It's been radio silence from them since they went to shelter in place. Do we think they'll tell us if they are able to meet tomorrow? Most of the state is opening up tomorrow so finger's crossed. Some schools have been telling us what date they are making all decisions and what date they are sending all the letters. I wonder if they'll do this.

Anyone hear anything lately? It's been radio silence from them since they went to shelter in place. Do we think they'll tell us if they are able to meet tomorrow? Most of the state is opening up tomorrow so finger's crossed. Some schools have been telling us what date they are making all decisions and what date they are sending all the letters. I wonder if they'll do this.
Committee met last week to review people that have interviewed since COVID started. They said they will continue meeting until the class is filled.

Committee met last week to review people that have interviewed since COVID started. They said they will continue meeting until the class is filled.

How did you hear this? Do you know if anyone's gotten off the acceptable list since then? I interviewed a week before the shelter in place occurred (I was one of the last in-person interviews)

How did you hear this? Do you know if anyone's gotten off the acceptable list since then? I interviewed a week before the shelter in place occurred (I was one of the last in-person interviews)
I called the office for an update and this is what I was told. I have not heard of anyone getting off the acceptable list. They told me to call back in 3 weeks if I don’t hear anything by then.

Nope, said I could hear back anytime from the next few days to even August. Also, to not inquire regarding that information as it is an “inefficient use of time”.

• Haha
Idk if this applies to everyone but I know that they met last week and they emailed my decision letter on Thursday. Informed delivery says that I am getting something from them today.

Idk if this applies to everyone but I know that they met last week and they emailed my decision letter on Thursday. Informed delivery says that I am getting something from them today.
Good luck!