You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't received any emails or anything yetIs there an itinerary yet for second look weekend?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
Have they released second look registration?
sadpremed121
Full Member
Where is it?Second look registration now available for MD! 🙂
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
are you sure? I don’t see it anywhere 😳
Ah it’s online but they havent emailed/posted
Registration
Real Lady Gaga
New Member
Is anyone else planning on attending Dean’s scholars preview day on Wed April 15
ricardo.wannabedoc
Full Member
Dang, already at full capacity 🙁
Tumornator
Full Member
Does anyone have an idea of when deferred folks will hear back?
Just got a full ride!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Mine was merit bc it said it may only be a portion of the financial aid package!!Just got scholarship information! Is this amount merit based or need based?
Just full tuition!amazing! Does that include coa?
spontaneous23
Full Member
just got a $30,000 scholarship!
Got mine too! 1/2 tuition 30K merit!
Does anyone know when financial aid estimates will be sent?
i’ve already received mine earlier this week. I believe they are currently working on them.
spontaneous23
Full Member
Just withdrew friends, hope that waitlist moves soon! good luck to everyone
Sadly withdrawing! Also giving up a full scholarship. Good luck y’all 🙂
medschoolthrowaway_1717
New Member
Did those who withdrew with a merit scholarship call Director Carol Teener to decline their scholarship? Or did you just withdraw your app overall? I remember in the original scholarship email it said to call her to accept or decline by April 30th.
I just sent a general email but she responded to it directlyDid those who withdrew with a merit scholarship call Director Carol Teener to decline their scholarship? Or did you just withdraw your app overall? I remember in the original scholarship email it said to call her to accept or decline by April 30th.
doc_the_stallion
Full Member
does anyone know if michigan gives out any other scholarship money at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think there's still 1-2 spots reserved for M1s to earn the Dean's scholarship (or there has been in past years). Regardless, you should email Carol Teener and just ask! They might have more money to move around after people turned down scholarships for other programs (just speculation).does anyone know if michigan gives out any other scholarship money at this point?
Lmfaooooo this dude. Surprised that Michigan is letting him attend with a sexual harassment allegation and probable use of racial slurs!!
Last edited by a moderator:
Blueyonder2
Full Member
Very disappointed that Michigan took no action despite an accepted student literally pretending to be a black woman and using the N word, on top of numerous sexual harassment allegations. Not a good look at all
Last edited:
Blueyonder2
Full Member
Honestly, I get not rescinding based on the harassment claim alone, especially if it was done via snapchat and there's not a lot of evidence. However, his own post where he admits to lying about a UChicago acceptance and sending those pictures despite being married I think is enough to warrant a rescinding (and this info is all straight from him) let alone the very strong evidence pointing to the fact that he impersonated a black woman and used the N word, which is truly egregious.
Edit: Nevermind I just saw IceBird's edit. If there was solid documented evidence of the sexual harassment he should have been immediately rescinded and it is very disturbing that no action was taken.
Edit: Nevermind I just saw IceBird's edit. If there was solid documented evidence of the sexual harassment he should have been immediately rescinded and it is very disturbing that no action was taken.
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to say about that dude. I'm honestly shocked. Having his admission rescinded would effectively ruin his life but he has no one to blame but himself. The guy is married with a child. I felt sick reading about the pictures. I can't imagine doing the same to my family.
Edit: Can't believe this is someone I spoke to on SDN, what the hell is wrong with people.
Edit: Can't believe this is someone I spoke to on SDN, what the hell is wrong with people.
that has been canceled - student is not set to matriculate anymoreThe student is still set to matriculate.
Blueyonder2
Full Member
that has been canceled - student is not set to matriculate anymore
Wow if that is really the case I take back every bad thing I said. Way to go Michigan
it took far too long imo, but they finally did it so not all hope is lostWow if that is really the case I take back every bad thing I said. Way to go Michigan
How do we know this to be true? Arent there privacy rules?
Don’t know the details but the person is no longer in the Michigan admitted students fb page...
