2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did you think of it? Were you able to matriculate into the medical school?
It’s difficult but I believe it does prepare students for medical school in terms of the pace. We learn a lot of information in a short amount of time (9 months split into 3 quarters) and it’s not all the same classes that the med students take but it’s most of the same core subjects. If you have testing anxiety, the MABS program will pretty much help you get over it since you’re testing on a weekly basis.

I interviewed last fall at AZCOM and in February at CCOM and I’m currently on the alternate list for both.

edit: I heard back from CCOM in March, but interviewed in Feb. Time is escaping me lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It’s difficult but I believe it does prepare students for medical school in terms of the pace. We learn a lot of information in a short amount of time (9 months split into 3 quarters) and it’s not all the same classes that the med students take but it’s most of the same core subjects. If you have testing anxiety, the MABS program will pretty much help you get over it since you’re testing on a weekly basis.

I interviewed last fall at AZCOM and in February at CCOM and I’m currently on the alternate list for both.

edit: I heard back from CCOM in March, but interviewed in Feb. Time is escaping me lol
Would you mind if we PM for more information?

Members don't see this ad :)
The masters program was definitely challenging in the fall and winter quarters but after everything went online because the pandemic the difficulty took a big hit.

Whether that is good or bad for our class we don’t know because while our GPAs went up, the average of the entire class did too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
The masters program was definitely challenging in the fall and winter quarters but after everything went online because the pandemic the difficulty took a big hit.

Whether that is good or bad for our class we don’t know because while our GPAs went up, the average of the entire class did too.

Just want to state that I graduated in 2019, so I’m not up to date with what happened this year’s class and any curriculum changes.

I wouldn't be too concerned since I feel like Spring semester is generally the easiest anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
What are the courses in the MA in Biomedical Sciences program?

Hello everyone I am an incoming first year and in the process of looking for apartments. I am looking at sage stone at arrowhead - seems to be close to school so I can bike or walk to school if I need to. I heard that parking can be a bit difficult sometimes with those 7 am exams. Anyone on here that has lived in sage stone at arrowhead? also my move in will potentially be a few days after 08/01. Would that be a problem? I know class starts on 08/10 but orientation will start before that?

Hello everyone I am an incoming first year and in the process of looking for apartments. I am looking at sage stone at arrowhead - seems to be close to school so I can bike or walk to school if I need to. I heard that parking can be a bit difficult sometimes with those 7 am exams. Anyone on here that has lived in sage stone at arrowhead? also my move in will potentially be a few days after 08/01. Would that be a problem? I know class starts on 08/10 but orientation will start before that?

Sage Stone is technically walkable but you would have to give yourself a lot of time because while it is one street over, its on the back end. San Lagos is on the front end and is much more walkable to campus. San Prado is literally across the street from campus so if you're looking to walk the shortest distance sans on campus housing, San Prado is best, then Lagos, then Sage Stone.

Just want to state that I graduated in 2019, so I’m not up to date with what happened this year’s class and any curriculum changes.
Did you complete a MA in Biomedical Sciences? What were the courses? Was it extremely intensive?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you complete a MA in Biomedical Sciences? What were the courses? Was it extremely intensive?
Yes I did. The curriculum and more information about it can be found here. And yes, it’s a challenging program but it helps prepare students for their professional programs of interest.

Yes I did. The curriculum and more information about it can be found here. And yes, it’s a challenging program but it helps prepare students for their professional programs of interest.
Thanks for getting back to me! Is there a GPA requirement for linkage?

Thanks for getting back to me! Is there a GPA requirement for linkage?
There isn’t a direct linkage, just an articulation agreement to get an interview for the program of your choice. It’s a minimum of 3.0 masters gpa and an MCAT score of 500 for AZCOM and 504 for CCOM. The score requirement can change though. You’re eligible for an interview at both AZCOM and CCOM as long as you meet their requirements, sometimes they’re lenient though. There’s no guarantee of acceptance but like someone mentioned earlier, they tend to accept a good number of their masters students
after waitlisting them.

There isn’t a direct linkage, just an articulation agreement to get an interview for the program of your choice. It’s a minimum of 3.0 masters gpa and an MCAT score of 500 for AZCOM and 504 for CCOM. The score requirement can change though. You’re eligible for an interview at both AZCOM and CCOM as long as you meet their requirements, sometimes they’re lenient though. There’s no guarantee of acceptance but like someone mentioned earlier, they tend to accept a good number of their masters students
after waitlisting them.

What's the average GPA from the AZCOM master's program for students who matriculated into AZCOM?

What's the average GPA from the AZCOM master's program for students who matriculated into AZCOM?
I don’t know, they don’t give us that information. Probably because not everyone in the program is pre-med. Some are pre-dental, pre-PA, etc.

after waitlisting them.
Do you happen to know the percentage of MA students making the "linkage" GPA requirement from your class(it is 3.0)?

When does the program start? Late August?
Yes, generally orientation starts late August. If you’re genuinely interested in the program, then you should email admissions to request more information. Good luck.

Yes, generally orientation starts late August. If you’re genuinely interested in the program, then you should email admissions to request more information. Good luck.
I hope you get in! Were you able to apply to other DO/MD schools?

Supposedly the admissions committee meets on thursdays, so hopefully there is some movement today.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to take a gap year instead of applying straight after the program?

waiting on the official email but my accepted checklist appears and they’re sending out the official acceptance tomorrow ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: 4 users
waiting on the official email but my accepted checklist appears and they’re sending out the official acceptance tomorrow ❤❤❤❤
were you previously on a waitlist? also, when did you interview if you dont mind me asking!

How did you hear from them? A call saying you got in and that you’d get the email tomorrow?
Congrats btw!!
I've been looking at the portal online and there is an accepted student checklist which was populated for me today. I tried to click one of the forms and it said my acceptance is still pending and that I'll be able to access it tomorrow.

I've been looking at the portal online and there is an accepted student checklist which was populated for me today. I tried to click one of the forms and it said my acceptance is still pending and that I'll be able to access it tomorrow.
Same for me as well!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all the latest accepted students! On a tech note is anyone having trouble logging into MWU? I'm getting a 404 error...

Does anyone know how long the school gives us to do our away/audition rotations for residency? Sorry if I'm not wording that correctly!

Is there a Facebook page or is it just the through the Schools App?

It popped up for me too! Waitlist in may from may 12th interview!

Reactions: 2 users
So it let me pay my deposit and says I’m an official student now but I also still haven’t gotten an acceptance email?

So it let me pay my deposit and says I’m an official student now but I also still haven’t gotten an acceptance email?

I'm in the same boat as you! My accepted checklist populated and I am now able to pay the deposit today, but I haven't gotten an official acceptance email either. Let me know if you hear back anytime soon!

Do you still remember when you heard back for the acceptance to the MS program?

This may seem like a silly question but does anyone know if they actually filled their class before moving to the waitlist?

This may seem like a silly question but does anyone know if they actually filled their class before moving to the waitlist?
I was thinking the same thing, because when I last checked the number of people in the AZCOM 2024 fb group about a week ago, it was like 150? Isn't their class size like 250?