2019-2020 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected. Super surprised I thought my interview went well and I had strong ties to the school.

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2024?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Poor someone in MU admissions opens their email tomorrow to at least 128 emails...:rofl:Keep us posted if you hear back! Good luck fellow waitlisters.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my application after hearing back that I'm in the bottom third of the alternate list - good luck to the rest of you guys and congrats to those admitted outright, praying for lots of waitlist movement for y'all this year! :)

Just withdrew my application after hearing back that I'm in the bottom third of the alternate list - good luck to the rest of you guys and congrats to those admitted outright, praying for lots of waitlist movement for y'all this year! :)
Also in the bottom third! I’m a little shocked to be honest, I thought I had a good shot at this school. So grateful to have other acceptances but this did hurt. Peace out, Mizzou!

Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist if you are bottom 1/3rd? Given that Mizzou increased its class size to 128, does that hurt your chances even more?

Bottom third as well. I'll see you up in Oregon @dr_of_rock lol.
I’m sorry you’re with me in the bottom third. But yeah, certainly not complaining about moving to the Pacific Northwest and hanging out with you! :lol:

Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist if you are bottom 1/3rd? Given that Mizzou increased its class size to 128, does that hurt your chances even more?
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but from what I have heard historically Mizzou makes it through their first third. Sometimes a little past sometimes a little short of that.

Hello all! Does anyone happen to know when MU will begin to offer acceptances to those on the waitlist? Or do they start doing that immediately? I'm asking because some schools, such as UC Davis for example, do not begin offering acceptances to the waitlist until April 30th.

If anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know when MU will begin to offer acceptances to those on the waitlist? Or do they start doing that immediately? I'm asking because at some schools, such as UC Davis, for example, do not begin offering acceptances to the waitlist until April 30th.
In the email they said they would contact right away, so I guess as soon as someone drops the next in line will know immediately

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who are accepted, have you received financial aid info yet?

Just wanted to toss out a congratulations to everyone who got accepted. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing you become part of MizzouMed.

To those who didn't make it, fear not. I know this is an incredibly stressful time - I struck out my first time applying to MU and it was devastating. If you are thinking of applying again, I'd recommend contacting the school and seeing if they'll give you feedback. I know the last 2ish years our admissions director wasn't too keen on giving info, but with Blair back you might have a better shot.

If you will reapply and you don't know where your weaknesses are, have someone take a critical look at your application. Best bets would be pre-med adviser at your school/career center/or the like. Make sure it is someone who can look at it critically and give you the honest truth. Once you know what you are missing focus your sites on accomplishing it and forge ahead.

This does work. The first time I applied I hung around until the final announcement when I got cut loose. I was able to talk to the admissions director and get some great feedback. I spent the next ~3 months addressing my deficits and reapplying. I had my second interview in the middle of October and get accepted at the end of the month. It is possible.

Again, congrats to all the new members of the class of 2024 and best wishes to those who aren't a part of us, yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a facebook group for the class of 2024?
Yeah there is a group, the admin for the group needs to get people's information from admissions though so I know for me it took a while (over a month after my acceptance) but my friend who was just accepted got it within the week!

Those of you who are accepted, have you received financial aid info yet?
They sent out information about completing FASFA and the scholarship form through the myZou portal, all of which needs to be done by April 1. I believe decisions will be release on the 15th.

I'm also an MU undergrad/grad school graduate who has lived in Columbia for the last 6 years so if anyone has questions about living in Columbia or the environment here at Mizzou I'm more than happy to answer. Congratulations to all the acceptances and good luck to anyone on the waitlist :)

They sent out information about completing FASFA and the scholarship form through the myZou portal, all of which needs to be done by April 1. I believe decisions will be release on the 15th.

I'm also an MU undergrad/grad school graduate who has lived in Columbia for the last 6 years so if anyone has questions about living in Columbia or the environment here at Mizzou I'm more than happy to answer. Congratulations to all the acceptances and good luck to anyone on the waitlist :)

Pm’d a question that you may be able to answer. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw that Mizzou is canceling classes and going online. I'm assuming a second look cancellation is on the way as well... :/

Saw that Mizzou is canceling classes and going online. I'm assuming a second look cancellation is on the way as well... :/

It might go virtual, some schools have announced that

Does anyone know how many people typically get off the waitlist at Mizzou? I've heard that historically if you're in the top 3rd 80% of the time you'll get in but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know how many people typically get off the waitlist at Mizzou? I've heard that historically if you're in the top 3rd 80% of the time you'll get in but I could be wrong.

That is the historically quoted number. I have heard that they have dipped into even the bottom 1/3rd before, but that is a rare event.

To those accepted, Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?

To those accepted, Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?
Financial aid packages are supposed to be released the week of April 15th. Deadline for scholarship application is April 1 and I'm assuming you need to have your FASFA in at that point as well.

I just got info for the Facebook page but there are currently only 2 members.

I just got info for the Facebook page but there are currently only 2 members.
Hmm... have you been accepted by group admins yet? Maybe that's why everyone's not showing up. The official group is "MU school of medicine class of 2024" and there are about 100 members.

Th
Hmm... have you been accepted by group admins yet? Maybe that's why everyone's not showing up. The official group is "MU school of medicine class of 2024" and there are about 100 members.
Thanks I was on the wrong one!

Financial aid packages are supposed to be released the week of April 15th. Deadline for scholarship application is April 1 and I'm assuming you need to have your FASFA in at that point as well.
Got it. Thank you!!

Will someone post if they get accepted and were in the middle third of the waitlist? The anxiety is eating me alive. :) Thank you and good luck to everyone!!

Will someone post if they get accepted and were in the middle third of the waitlist? The anxiety is eating me alive. :) Thank you and good luck to everyone!!

Retweet

For the people asking about financial aid packages, just wanted to let you know that I received mine today and I know of at least one other person that did too.

For the people asking about financial aid packages, just wanted to let you know that I received mine today and I know of at least one other person that did too.
Received mine as well!

Did anyone else get the “Financial Aid Award Notification” email yesterday even though they were rejected? Knew it was an error, but I just got the apology email this morning lol.

Just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Top 3rd IS!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Top 3rd IS!
Long time lurker, first time poster..
Did they call/email, offer any other details? Still on the alternate list waiting patiently...

Long time lurker, first time poster..
Did they call/email, offer any other details? Still on the alternate list waiting patiently...

They called. I was actually in class and ignored their call completely the first time around. As far as waitlist details no but the obvious details on next steps and financial aid

They called. I was actually in class and ignored their call completely the first time around. As far as waitlist details no but the obvious details on next steps and financial aid
That must have been very exciting! Congrats!

That must have been very exciting! Congrats!
Thank you so much! This is my alma mater so I was beyond excited. Best of luck to everyone else eagerly waiting to hear. Trust me its worth it! The butterflies never get old!

Hey all! If you’re not from Columbia and looking for housing, I know of a one bedroom apartment opening up in August for $550/month! It’s a 5 minute drive from campus and very big/nice for a one bedroom. Also it’s in an exclusively grad/med student community so there’s no undergrad bs. Dm me if you want more info. There’s nothing in it for me, I’ve just had a great experience with this landlord and wanted to spread the word!

Long time stalker of this forum but first time poster. I figured I should make an account to update everyone. Received the acceptance call April 24th. IS top third. 504 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, and ORM before anyone asks.

Reactions: 2 users
Long time stalker of this forum but first time poster. I figured I should make an account to update everyone. Received the acceptance call April 24th. IS top third. 504 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, and ORM before anyone asks.

Congrats :)

Withdrew! Good luck everyone on the waitlist!

Edit: IS for those wondering. :)

Last edited: