2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted who is OOS and not from a Wiche state? If so are you non traditional or how do you fit in their mission groups listed?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been accepted who is OOS and not from a Wiche state? If so are you non traditional or how do you fit in their mission groups listed?
Me! I am OOS and non-trad but I fit their mission group through MD/MPH. Also, due to budget cuts I believe they will plan on accepting more OOS students in future cycles and also possible that they will reduce class sizes (all pending government budgets).

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also OOS and a non-trad. I'm a veteran with Native American heritage. I know those are things they like to see in applicants. However, officially I will be considered IS. Like the other public Oregon universities, OHSU gives veterans in-state tuition no matter where they are from.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We're now at 23 days stuck at a record low of Alternate #42. Anyone with access to inside knowledge know if the vibe is the waitlist movement is complete?

• Sad
Does anyone know if there was an email from previous years releasing people from the waitlist? Do they keep the hope alive until August 10th even if they finalized their class already?

Reactions: 1 users
Technical Question: Up until a college's CTE deadline, is it possible to have students who inadvertently have PTEs at more than one school?

Does anyone know if there was an email from previous years releasing people from the waitlist? Do they keep the hope alive until August 10th even if they finalized their class already?
It is pretty frustrating and quite exhilarating to be in such a situation. I am also in the 40 - 50 range and understand your frustration.
Apparently, tomorrow would be the day things clear up since, according to a Reddit forum, OHSU's CTE deadline is tomorrow, 7/20th. Nevertheless, I wish all of us the best and hope that some significant movement happens by tomorrow.

• Love
It is pretty frustrating and quite exhilarating to be in such a situation. I am also in the 40 - 50 range and understand your frustration.
Apparently, tomorrow would be the day things clear up since, according to a Reddit forum, OHSU's CTE deadline is tomorrow, 7/20th. Nevertheless, I wish all of us the best and hope that some significant movement happens by tomorrow.
Yes. But wouldn't we know on 7/21-- the day AFTER the deadline? In my mind, Tuesday will be official day of knowing.

Yes. But wouldn't we know on 7/21-- the day AFTER the deadline? In my mind, Tuesday will be the official day of knowing.
I am not sure if that is how it works. Neither am I sure if the way I mentioned is how it works. I just hope we see some movement.
Also, I remember that during the interview, we were told waitlist movement might happen even after a week of school. At least, they said that it had happened only once before, and one person movement happened.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!! Truly crossing my fingers for more As to come. This process was so mentally taxing and I’m wishing the best for everyone who goes through this application process.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone!! Truly crossing my fingers for more As to come. This process was so mentally taxing and I’m wishing the best for everyone who goes through this application process.

Can't wait to meet you when we all get started, Getmetomed!

• Love
As someone in the 100s on the WL, I just checked after a few months of not looking, and holy **** prayers out to you all in the 40s-50s, I havent seen the movement be this stagnant before.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I would not lose hope yet. It would be totally out of the norm if we do not see at least one more movement through the list.

• Love
Today I learned some medical schools are offering "deferred acceptances" to a few people remaining on their waitlist. What a great idea in these unpredictable Covid-19 times.

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!
Now, that I was not expecting. Hope you're going to do something very special to celebrate.
Any details on how you found out or whatnot, please share--if you're not too busy calling everyone you know. with the exciting news!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :highfive: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :highfive: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Love
I don't really understand what that means?
On the sdn waitlist support 2020 blog, several people on wait lists mention "deferred acceptance" is occurring at number of schools including Keck, Qunnipac, etc.. It means people on wait lists are accepted for next year.

On the sdn waitlist support 2020 blog, several people on wait lists mention "deferred acceptance" is occurring at number of schools including Keck, Qunnipac, etc.. It means people on wait lists are accepted for next year.
Dang I wish OHSU did that!

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!
Now, that I was not expecting. Hope you're going to do something very special to celebrate.
Any details on how you found out or whatnot, please share--if you're not too busy calling everyone you know. with the exciting news!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :highfive: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :highfive: :banana::banana::banana::banana:
I just received an email telling me that I got in :shrug: but now its panic time for jobs

Jobs? You mean you're going to try to work while being a student? That sounds really difficult.
Yes sir ( or ma'am), I mean its just books and studying, I assume. As long as there are not writing assignments, I am good. The important things are rent, bills, and, you know, other costs of living. My family is not really in a position to pay all that :shrug:

Can any current students comment on the curriculum at Oregon? How much of it is passive learning (lectures) vs active learning? Detail is soooo appreciated. Thank you!

Today is OHSU's orientation. I am in a state of shock: I am #48 and was accepted right before 5 pm today. Deepest gratitude!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
Today is OHSU's orientation. I am in a state of shock: I am #48 and was accepted right before 5 pm today. Deepest gratitude!
Congratulations! That must be very overwhelming. I'm an incoming MS1 in the midst of orientation. DM me if I can offer any help in getting you up to speed! We have a FB page and a Discord feed that you'll want to be on ASAP.

Last edited:
Can any current students comment on the curriculum at Oregon? How much of it is passive learning (lectures) vs active learning? Detail is soooo appreciated. Thank you!
There is a lot of discussion on this in this thread, just search thru the pages a bit, a lot of current students have commented on this