2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get their feedback sessions yet? I sent it a month ago and haven't heard anything. Good thing I'm taking an additional gap year to repply because of how late they're doing these in the AMCAS submission window.
unfortunately not, but from previous year's forums, they began accepting feedback requests after Memorial Day, so hopefully, we hear back somewhat soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, apart from not having an in-person whitecoat ceremony (which sucks, you all do deserve to be celebrated), it won't have immense repercussions on the first year classes. It may affect class camaraderie a bit if you can't attend the large group lectures, but you'll still find your friends in breakout groups. For my class, the attendance at large lectures dwindled to about 25% by the time christmas break hit anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

This was answered awhile ago, but curious if you wouldn't mind sharing more about weekly schedule/lecture attendance etc? Seems like many stay home on non required days....how many days a week are you actually on campus for either class or a required event? TIA!

Members don't see this ad :)
This was answered awhile ago, but curious if you wouldn't mind sharing more about weekly schedule/lecture attendance etc? Seems like many stay home on non required days....how many days a week are you actually on campus for either class or a required event? TIA!

I am also interested in this! I remember them sharing an example weekly schedule on the interview day but I can’t find it online anywhere. Does anyone know here I can find it?

Can any current students speak to what the general thought is to summer/fall courses being virtual or in person? I am sure this is still up in the air technically, which is why we have not been told yet....but curious if current students have an idea or have been given any info on this? I think I will be okay with either, but super curious! Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students speak to what the general thought is to summer/fall courses being virtual or in person? I am sure this is still up in the air technically, which is why we have not been told yet....but curious if current students have an idea or have been given any info on this? I think I will be okay with either, but super curious! Thanks!
I spoke with a current student who has a friend who works with the dean who told her we would start online in the fall! 3rd hand information, but it's something!

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke with a current student who has a friend who works with the dean who told her we would start online in the fall! 3rd hand information, but it's something!
Idk if that’s true because the MPH director has told us that they haven’t made any decisions yet and to plan on moving to Portland for August 8th start date! I think they’re planning on doing modified curriculum where lectures are remote but small groups could still happen etc...

Reactions: 4 users
Come onnnnn WL movement

Reactions: 3 users
Just curious if anyone (aside from getmetothemd2024 and me) have an alternate number between 40 & 50 who plans on accepting?

Members don't see this ad :)
A part of my soul dies every day that passes with zero waitlist movement.

• Sad
A part of my soul dies every day that passes with zero waitlist movement.
You're not alone. I'm hoping the fact that this is an unusual Covid-19 year is the reason for the lack of movement. But I guess we'll soon see. . . Have great weekend respite from the frustration of checking.

Last edited:
  • Love
Idk if that’s true because the MPH director has told us that they haven’t made any decisions yet and to plan on moving to Portland for August 8th start date! I think they’re planning on doing modified curriculum where lectures are remote but small groups could still happen etc...

@Sun&Waves As of yesterday, M1 is now 100% remote/virtual teaching and assessment through September 18th. No in-person instruction and assessment during that time. White coat ceremony tentatively moved to December.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
@Sun&Waves As of yesterday, M1 is now 100% remote/virtual teaching and assessment through September 18th. No in-person instruction and assessment during that time. White coat ceremony tentatively moved to December.
I'm glad they're not canceling the White-coat ceremony!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone get their feedback sessions yet? I sent it a month ago and haven't heard anything. Good thing I'm taking an additional gap year to repply because of how late they're doing these in the AMCAS submission window.
I got an email today about scheduling a phone call.

Got my feedback request scheduling email last Thursday btw. Gave me 6 options to schedule a phone call with the director of admissions, in case anyone was curious!

See yall next year!

Any waitlist movement today?

Nothing here :( does anyone know where we can get updates on in person classes this fall? I know someone said earlier on this thread that it would be online until September 18th but would like to stay updated if it gets pushed back. Thank you and fingers crossed for some movement soon! Kinda hoped for some today since there are some CTE deadlines on the 15th :/

Nothing here :( does anyone know where we can get updates on in person classes this fall? I know someone said earlier on this thread that it would be online until September 18th but would like to stay updated if it gets pushed back. Thank you and fingers crossed for some movement soon! Kinda hoped for some today since there are some CTE deadlines on the 15th :/
Thank you for your update. I thought for sure the June 15th deadline for many schools would shake out some waitlist movement as it has in the past. Weird year. Fingers crossed the list starts to move. . . .

Thank you for your update. I thought for sure the June 15th deadline for many schools would shake out some waitlist movement as it has in the past. Weird year. Fingers crossed the list starts to move. . . .
I've been looking at the MSAR application for the 2020 cycle, and for the most part, the CTE is 21 days before school starts. The first few schools I saw had a deadline in July.

Nothing here does anyone know where we can get updates on in person classes this fall? I know someone said earlier on this thread that it would be online until September 18th but would like to stay updated if it gets pushed back. Thank you and fingers crossed for some movement soon! Kinda hoped for some today since there are some CTE deadlines on the 15th :/

If classes and assessments are going to be 100% online for longer than 09/18, I will post an update. I don’t know of any extensions to 100% online beyond 09/18 at this time. Last update I received was 06/05.

As far as updates directly from OHSU, I would think that you could check with admissions.

HUGS to everyone still holding on to hope for the Big A. I believe we're surpassing the record length of time with no alternate list movement. While we wait, just curious, if anyone between 44 and 47 are planning on accepting if their number comes up.

Last edited:
I’m really worried it’s not gonna move anymore. In 2018 waitlist movement ended June 15th.

• Sad
  • Wow
Fingers crossed Getmetothemd2024 gets in today!

Haha thank you! I really hope it moves for all of us soon. I’ve been trying to stop myself from freaking out and posting on here too much :’) and trying to keep myself busy. This wait is so excruciating though and I really thought there would be movement by now :( I hope everyone is holding up okay and staying safe

• Love
Another excruciating weekend, woohoo!

Seriously. I feel like the waitlist is being held up cause they don’t want to accept me. I’m sorry guys haha
Seriously, this year is not normal. Not only do we still have the new PTE/CTE demands, but also with Covid-19 both OHSU and the candidate-students have new restrictions and concerns. No doubt about it, it is a weird year. In the end, it will be what it will be--despite our intensive suffering. In the meantime, to get through this wait period, I just visualize the Adcom who does the accept task has been on vacation in Bermuda for 2 weeks. No one is at the office, and so no one noticed.

• Haha

Current MS1 at OHSU - we know as little as you do... latest news sounds like we should plan to be remote for the "foreseeable future". The september date you guys received is merely the start of Fall term and doesn't have any bearing on an actual date with plans to open back up. Cases at OHSU are on the rise once again. I personally am not optimistic and planning on finishing out didactic remotely (through the end of the calendar year). A good chunk of the class hasn't been in Portland in months. They did tell us to be prepared for preceptorship to resume on August 10 but we shall see what happens.

If classes and assessments are going to be 100% online for longer than 09/18, I will post an update. I don’t know of any extensions to 100% online beyond 09/18 at this time. Last update I received was 06/05.

As far as updates directly from OHSU, I would think that you could check with admissions.

Received a letter today that they do not know if we’ll be able to return for in-person classes and assessments for fall term (starting 09/28), and that they’d let us know when they know more.

Last edited: