2019-2020 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any successful reapplicants this year (or years in the past) have some wisdom for me? I'd certainly appreciate a DM. I am in the process of doing the feedback request but they probably won't gt back to me for a week.

Basically I want to assess if it's worth applying again in the next few months or if I should wait an additional year for more experiences - COVID permitting.

Thanks, and congrats to everyone who's getting pulled off the WL right now!

Personal message me. I tried sending you a message but it said I couldn't start a conversation with you? I could also just be bad at navigating SDN interwebs stuffs lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been sent the acceptance for signature as of current. Any idea how long this takes? I was accepted on Monday

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't been sent the acceptance for signature as of current. Any idea how long this takes? I was accepted on Monday
It took about 20 days for me! Also, they’ll email it to you — I remember I was confused as to whether I should’ve been expecting something in the mail. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, they give you plenty of time to return it once it’s sent out :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys just received acceptance! Just as a data point if the portal hasn’t updated for you

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys just received acceptance! Just as a data point if the portal hasn’t updated for you

Congratulations!!! Thanks for letting us know, I really thought it wouldn't move at all today! It's moving so slowly now and we are behind from previous years :(

2019 - 28
2018 - 36
2017 - 34

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! Thanks for letting us know, I really thought it wouldn't move at all today! It's moving so slowly now and we are behind from previous years :(

2018 - 28
2017 - 26
2016 - 34

What I see is on May 11th previously was:
2019 - 28
2018 - 36

Not that it matters too much. Just helps these fun days obsessing over the trend. : p

it’s kind of necessary cause I have to decide whether or not to take a job by the end of this month and I’m in the 40s, I know things can change but I’ll probably have to take the job if the waitlist moves significantly slower than previous years...

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone feeling a bit worried about how COVID-19 is gonna affect our first year :( ?

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone feeling a bit worried about how COVID-19 is gonna affect our first year :( ?
Are there staff working at the Pill Hill site now, or are they working remotely from home? I'd like to believe the slow wait list movement is because of working off-site. Also, if they are working at the site now, it would seem they might be having on-site classes as usual if Oregon soon opens up, which it looks like it will. Other opinions?

Reactions: 1 users
Are there staff working at the Pill Hill site now, or are they working remotely from home? I'd like to believe the slow wait list movement is because of working off-site. Also, if they are working at the site now, it would seem they might be having on-site classes as usual if Oregon soon opens up, which it looks like it will. Other opinions?

Highly doubt that admissions office is working on site. All non-essential employees at OHSU (basically everyone except healthcare providers and some admin) are supposed to be working remotely. All clinical rotations and med school lectures are also remote until June 29. We'll see what they do after that.

Honestly, apart from not having an in-person whitecoat ceremony (which sucks, you all do deserve to be celebrated), it won't have immense repercussions on the first year classes. It may affect class camaraderie a bit if you can't attend the large group lectures, but you'll still find your friends in breakout groups. For my class, the attendance at large lectures dwindled to about 25% by the time christmas break hit anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Accepted about an hour ago! Mid 20s on the alternate list.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, apart from not having an in-person whitecoat ceremony (which sucks, you all do deserve to be celebrated)

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I've been looking and can't find anything on their site. Having it at the end of the first week of August seems unlikely, but has their been word about postponing it? It'd be great to be able to have family present to celebrate.

Anyone else think this movement is kinda weird? They usually don't move in one person increments like this.

Last edited:
Anyone else think this movement is kinda weird? They usually don't move in one person increments like this.
I'm wondering if WL movement has been slower across the board for schools because of Covid19. Like maybe they are just not able to access info they normally have at their office, so they are moving much slower than usual? Just speculating

Any successful reapplicants this year (or years in the past) have some wisdom for me? I'd certainly appreciate a DM. I am in the process of doing the feedback request but they probably won't gt back to me for a week.

Basically I want to assess if it's worth applying again in the next few months or if I should wait an additional year for more experiences - COVID permitting.

Thanks, and congrats to everyone who's getting pulled off the WL right now!

Successful reapplicant right here! I tried DMing you but it wouldn't let me send the message through. Please DM me.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Choose Your Medical School tool on AMCAS not listing OHSU as an option? I was accepted, but my tool has not been updated. (sorry for the frequent posts)
:nailbiting: paranoia settling in
I know this was posted a long time ago and I'm not sure if anyone replied, but mine is not updating either. have you had any luck?

I know this was posted a long time ago and I'm not sure if anyone replied, but mine is not updating either. have you had any luck?
Ive emailed OHSU and they said there IT would be on it, but I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I contacted AMCAS and they said there issue is on the school's end

SOLID MOVEMENT TODAY... SO CLOSE:soexcited:

I know!! We’re basically on pace with last year... for some reason my anxiety keeps saying that it’s gonna be the first time in 10 years they don’t get to my waitlist position...

Woah! Waitlist just jumped. Up to #36 now. We are so close to 40!!!

Reactions: 4 users
It finally happened for me! Late 30's accepted about 45 minutes ago! Hoping for even more continued movement for everyone on here who's still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone receive an actual confirmation when they responded to the invitation to be on the alternate list?

I only received an automated email back in early May saying, "they are out of the office during covid" but now I'm nervous because I want to make sure they received my response.

Let me know if anyone received a similar email response.

Edit: After reading further into the forum it seems like other people also received automated responses.

Last edited:
Ive emailed OHSU and they said there IT would be on it, but I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I contacted AMCAS and they said there issue is on the school's end
I'm not seeing it on mine either, has it shown up for you yet?

Anyone 40-70s still waiting? Trying to figure out how many "ghost" numbers there are.

So not like I’m refreshing my portal every minute... but it just updated to 40 which is surprising since it’s been nearly 6 days with no movement.

• Wow
So not like I’m refreshing my portal every minute... but it just updated to 40 which is surprising since it’s been nearly 6 days with no movement.
Yea, me, either. I am more of the refreshing more like every 2 minutes type. ; p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Anyone get their feedback sessions yet? I sent it a month ago and haven't heard anything. Good thing I'm taking an additional gap year to repply because of how late they're doing these in the AMCAS submission window.