2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did Cooper already have their virtual accepted student's day? If so, did they send out a recording of it? I just got accepted yesterday so I couldn't attend, but I know they say a lot of important/interesting info during it so I was hoping I could snag a recording.

Members don't see this ad.

Did Cooper already have their virtual accepted student's day? If so, did they send out a recording of it? I just got accepted yesterday so I couldn't attend, but I know they say a lot of important/interesting info during it so I was hoping I could snag a recording.

I think we will be receiving a recording of it via email sometime next week.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the call on Friday morning (4/1). I was on PWL, OOS and interviewed in Jan. I was previously told that last year they took everyone off the PWL. Super excited to go here. Also heard some students live in/commute from Philly. Anyone have any input or know where I can get more info? I'm very unfamiliar with this area and need to look for a place.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call on Friday morning (4/1). I was on PWL, OOS and interviewed in Jan. I was previously told that last year they took everyone off the PWL. Super excited to go here. Also heard some students live in/commute from Philly. Anyone have any input or know where I can get more info? I'm very unfamiliar with this area and need to look for a place.
Depends where you want to be: Philly, Jersey, or Camden. All have their respective pros and cons (but no bad choices in my opinion).

If you want to live in Philly, the best commute would be from somewhere near the PATCO station. It’s a 10 minute train ride from Philly to Cooper

If you want to live in Philly, the best commute would be from somewhere near the PATCO station. It’s a 10 minute train ride from Philly to Cooper
That's the only way really. You'll want the PATCO.

Like everyone else said you can take the Patco in from philly or drive in if you have a public transportation phobia. If you’re trying to save some money you can live in the Suburbs of south jersey and save on overall cost of living. There’s plenty of towns along the Patco route as well. However, you can probably get cheaper places that aren’t along the Patco but then you’d have to pay for a car and deal with occasional traffic. Like someone said, pros and cons with everything.

Honestly, PATCO is awesome. I had no idea what it was being OOS, but compared to what I was used to back home, I was blown away (we have a tin-can for a light rail in my home-area). Nice seats. Just a pleasure to use.

Driving over the bridge everyday is a hassle and you don't understand the convenience of the PATCO until you've experienced it. I never imagined being able to go over state lines for a couple dollars, to get whatever I want (the markets, delis, etc.) and be back in Jersey within the hour.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there's any way to confirm if my update/letter of interest was added to my file?
I emailed a document to the adcom end of march but never heard back...

If anyone has sent them an additional LOR, how did you do it? Through email?

Does anyone know about roommate matching for the Cooper Village housing? I'm pretty sure I want to live there and I'd like to have a roommate:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like the acceptance calls have decreased/slowed? Anyone here still holding onto hope?

Just made the difficult decision to withdraw - really hope it goes to you!

Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to those of you on the WL!

Reactions: 1 users
FastFacts_v15.jpg

In case people didn't see this already.

I just withdrew after getting off the HPWL last week! I really loved this school, but I ended up getting off the WL at my favorite school a couple days ago. I hope the A goes to someone amazing!

Also, anyone know if most people get waitlisted post interview? I don't see many people getting rejected here. Makes me think the WL might be hundreds of people long.
They probably don't reject many people because I know that they are selective from the beginning (as far as giving out the secondaries). So I guess they just rank people post-interview and it seems like there is HPWL, PWL and then the regular WL. Very few people probably get rejected (most likely if they bomb the interview). This makes me so sad :(

Painfully withdrew my application. Hope one of you deserving folks gets the acceptance!.

Reactions: 4 users
Wow I cannot believe this! I got the call this morning and got an acceptance. There is still hope! I was unsuccessful in my previous cycles and finally I've been accepted! I hope those of you in a similar position don't give up and keep going!

Reactions: 4 users
Wow I cannot believe this! I got the call this morning and got an acceptance. There is still hope! I was unsuccessful in my previous cycles and finally I've been accepted! I hope those of you in a similar position don't give up and keep going!
congrats!! can i ask if you were on the priority or regular WL?

So I am actually on the priorty waitlist and haven't heard anything, but I can not remember if I withdrew already. Is there an option on people's portals because there isn't on mine so it's possible I alrady did?

So I am actually on the priorty waitlist and haven't heard anything, but I can not remember if I withdrew already. Is there an option on people's portals because there isn't on mine so it's possible I alrady did?
There wasn't an option on my portal, but I just sent them a quick email to withdraw.

I feel like there was the longest roller coaster in watching Love2cook's consistent progression throughout this thread.

And the acceptance made me audibly say, "oh wow".

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Did you send updates or LOI/call the admissions office?

I just withdrew my waitlist spot this morning. I was accepted at EVMS (In-state school for me). LizzyM ~68. I was on the regular waitlist, not the Priority/High Priority one. Best of luck to all of you!

Congrats!! Did you send updates or LOI/call the admissions office?
Thanks! I sent a LOI with a lot of new/relevant updates last week of April. I spent quite some time writing the letter and making sure I convinced them why I am good fit for them. I touched on my academics, research and service and tied these topics to specific programs at their school. I did not call the admissions committee or provide any other updates. Good luck!

Do any accepted students know when the CTE date is? And how long do you have to accept your offer if you’re accepted off the waitlist?

I was planning on living on Phily and heard that I should take the PATCO train, but was wondering around where should I live near what train station) to be able to take the PATCO train to get to school. Is it the 15th/16th locust street station?

I was planning on living on Phily and heard that I should take the PATCO train, but was wondering around where should I live near what train station) to be able to take the PATCO train to get to school. Is it the 15th/16th locust street station?
There are 3 PATCO stops in center city. The train runs in a giant line. There are not "multiple" PATCOs, just a west and eastbound.

15/16th

City hall(?) Google this to make sure.

8th

These are the PATCO philly stops: 15th/16th and locust, 12th/13th and locust, 9/10th and locust, and 8th and market. Neighborhoods to target: Washington Square/Society Hill, Center City, Old City

These are the PATCO philly stops: 15th/16th and locust, 12th/13th and locust, 9/10th and locust, and 8th and market. Neighborhoods to target: Washington Square/Society Hill, Center City, Old City
What is the average cost of an apartment in the recommended locations listed above (preferably in the closest location in Philly from the school)? Thanks!

what stop do you get off at on the PATCO and how long of a walk is it from there to school?

What is the average cost of an apartment in the recommended locations listed above (preferably in the closest location in Philly from the school)? Thanks!
Depends what you are looking for luxury vs. brown stone. Luxury 1 bedroom apartments (i.e. gym/rooftop etc..) cost anywhere from 1,500 - 2,500. But with roommate cheaper and then other less fancy apartments are much cheaper and can be <1000.

is there generally a set of places in phily where most med students live or is it rather spread out?

is there generally a set of places in phily where most med students live or is it rather spread out?

Most people live along the Patco line but some students live even further out if they either drive to school or commute via SEPTA + PATCO. If you're asking if there is a set housing agency or building where most people in Philly live, that is not the case. Usually, everyone finds a lease that works for them in an area of their choice so it can be quite varied.

Just btw I highly recommend living in Philly if you are a social human who likes to be out and about. I think it's just tougher to be in Camden, especially if you don't have a car and rely on others for grocery runs, gym, etc.

Counter point: you can live in NJ in Haddon, Collingswood, etc. and be able to go into the city when you what and then, the best part, give it back when you're done having your day trip (i.e., like returning a niece or nephew and saying that was fun, but go away).

Withdrew from the priority WL! If I was supposed ot get in, I hope it goes to someone who really wants to!

Just got a call this morning and was offered an acceptance! I'm on the regular waitlist so there's hope for you guys!
I sent in one LOI with updates back in March.

Accepted off the regular waitlist last week but was accepted to my top choice today. Will be withdrawing, hope it goes to one of you beautiful specimens.

Made the difficult decision to withdraw today. Hope that seat goes to one of you deserving people!