You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anyone get their aid package? They said their deadline was today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
federal or institutional?Did anyone get their aid package? They said their deadline was today
Institutionalfederal or institutional?
Emailed financial aid and they said the scholarship committee will be releasing the institutional aid notifications next week.
Any idea when they will start accepting people off the HPWL?
It should happen May 1st onwards, per the threads from previous years.
Does anyone know how many people they place on PWL (ballpark figure maybe)?
Just FYI, they updated MSAR and they took 30 people off the waitlist from the 18-19 cycle.
FutureSawbones
Full Member
^^^ Also FYI I talked to an M1 at Cooper who got off the regular WL last year so they went through the entire PWL last year.
Is there a Facebook group/ GroupMe for accepted students?
Is there a Facebook group/ GroupMe for accepted students?
I think they'll give some details for virtual second look on the 18th maybe?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
They are not their cycle closed on 3/25th.Are they still giving out IIs?
D
deleted977121
Has anyone received their deposit back after withdrawing yet?
Withdrew my acceptance today- Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
regina9705
New Member
I haven’t, was starting to worry I was the only one!Has anyone received their deposit back after withdrawing yet?
If there is a groupme/ Facebook group can someone share the link?
sherrie22
New Member
Hi everyone! My name is Sherrie W. and I will be attending CMSRU this coming fall, Class of 2024. Haley T. (another Class of 2024) and I have started a Facebook group so that we could all get to know each other and ask questions. The group is called "Cooper Medical School Class of 2024" and I'll leave the link here: Log into Facebook | Facebook
sherrie22
New Member
Yes, just made one!Is there a FB group for incoming students?
sherrie22
New Member
I think they'll give some details for virtual second look on the 18th maybe?
Yes, just made one!Is there a Facebook group/ GroupMe for accepted students?
Hi guys. Does anyone know of anyone from CSMRU who was accepted from the regular waitlist? This year or past years? Thank you.
D
deleted809499
Also would like to know this.Hi guys. Does anyone know of anyone from CSMRU who was accepted from the regular waitlist? This year or past years? Thank you.
FutureSawbones
Full Member
Hi guys. Does anyone know of anyone from CSMRU who was accepted from the regular waitlist? This year or past years? Thank you.
When I interviewed I talked to an M1 that was accepted off the regular WL!Also would like to know this.
link?Yes, just made one!
I would just email them to withdraw your application completely.Hey does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlist here? I am no longer interested in this school, but I am going to be a reapplicant and want to make sure I am withdrawn before there is a chance of being accepted
You could call I guess?which email should I send to? I am just worried they won't take me off by mistake or won't see my email. I was wondering if a phone call would suffice?
ive just either withdrawn myself if that’s an option on the portal OR I would email the admissions committee email.
Their email is just the: [email protected]
Thank you! I sent a letter of intent this Monday with what I believe are relevant updates but knowing that there is a HPWL makes me feel insecure 🙁 It is good to know that there have been acceptances from the regular waitlist before.
Hi! I'm sort of curious as to your decision to be a reapplicant rather than taking on the acceptance from this school. Is there a particular reason for this decision or was it more for personal reasons? Thank you in advance! 🙂Hey does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlist here? I am no longer interested in this school, but I am going to be a reapplicant and want to make sure I am withdrawn before there is a chance of being accepted
Do you know when they heard back (approximately)? Early April or much later?^^^ Also FYI I talked to an M1 at Cooper who got off the regular WL last year so they went through the entire PWL last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureSawbones
Full Member
Not sure exactly. I would look at last year’s thread!Do you know when they heard back (approximately)? Early April or much later?
D
deleted977121
Does anyone think with the pandemic situation, schools will start favoring local, in-state students even more when pulling off the WL? Maybe they will try and avoid flying students across the country if they can? Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking lol (I'm in-state and local).
Don't think so. If anything, our fall semester will just be online
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the WL!
swanthumb898
Full Member
Just got accepted !!!! Super duper psyched.
FutureSawbones
Full Member
Off the high priority wait list?Just got accepted !!!! Super duper psyched.
swanthumb898
Full Member
Off the high priority wait list?
Congrats!!! Do you think you will be attending? Also, were you on the HPWL?
Yes I was priority waitlist. And I will be attending!
FutureSawbones
Full Member
Did they call or email? And can you see them on the "choose your medical school tool" already?Yes I was priority waitlist. And I will be attending!
swanthumb898
Full Member
They called and yes I can.
Did they call or email? And can you see them on the "choose your medical school tool" already?
How did you withdraw?Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the WL!
Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile
I just emailed the Office of Admissions stating my intent to withdraw, and Dr. Kocher got back to me a couple hours later. I don't think there's an option in the portal to withdraw : O
Thanks.
Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile
I just emailed the Office of Admissions stating my intent to withdraw, and Dr. Kocher got back to me a couple hours later. I don't think there's an option in the portal to withdraw : O
Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile
There's historically a lot of movement. Good luck! Ask questions if you got em!
Anyone here get accepted there with a 504-505? Trying to figure out where they are with the MCAT as far as WL vs HPWL (I"m pretty sure that is a determining factor on how you are ranked)
ravensfan78
Full Member
Just got the call. Accepted off the HPWL. Waiting for financial aid to make a decision
FutureSawbones
Full Member
When did you interview? And stats if you want to share?Just got the call. Accepted off the HPWL. Waiting for financial aid to make a decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureSawbones
Full Member
JUST GOT THE CALL! First MD acceptance! Off the HPWL
I'm sure both the MCAT and GPA play a role (along with ECs ) but from my experience with medical school applications and peers in medical school, it is apparent that the MCAT is probably the determining factor (if you have a high MCAT score they'll be more accepting of a low gpa but if you have a high GPA but low mcat there's not much advantage there (unless you're from a top tier school then maybe a little).Only the MCAT? Or the GPA too? Can I ask where you heard this?
I got the acceptance call at 11:07AM. Got off PWL. II 8/13/19; IA: 9/6/19. Placed on PWL 10/15. Sent two updates (Jan 2020, March 2020), an extra LOR in December, and sent an LOI earlier this week. OOS (NYC), ORM. 3.79 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA, 128/128/125/127 (508), older, very non-trad lots and lots of service experiences. Only MD acceptance. So, so, so grateful.
Last edited:
Is priority waitlist different than the High Priority waitlist?I got the acceptance call at 11:07AM. Got off PWL. II 8/13/19; IA: 9/6/19. Placed on PWL 10/15. Sent two updates (Jan 2020, March 2020), an extra LOR in December, and sent an LOI earlier this week. OOS (NYC). 3.79 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA, 128/128/125/127 (508), older, very non-trad lots and lots of service experiences. Only MD acceptance. So, so, so grateful.
Also congrats!!
watchHospitalPlaylist
New Member
Accepted off the PWL this morning and will be attending in the fall!
Sharing my stats & experience for anyone who might benefit from reading them. I realize there's definitely no cookie cutter method into getting accepted, so it's important for us to be confident in our abilities and continue to be hopeful!
Interviewed 1/24 and was placed on the PWL. (I've been confused this entire time about the different waitlists. I'm not sure if there is a HIGH priority waitlist, a regular priority waitlist, and a regular waitlist VS. just the two waitlists (priority and regular). Regardless, my email specifically said "Priority Waitlist".)
Sharing my stats & experience for anyone who might benefit from reading them. I realize there's definitely no cookie cutter method into getting accepted, so it's important for us to be confident in our abilities and continue to be hopeful!
Interviewed 1/24 and was placed on the PWL. (I've been confused this entire time about the different waitlists. I'm not sure if there is a HIGH priority waitlist, a regular priority waitlist, and a regular waitlist VS. just the two waitlists (priority and regular). Regardless, my email specifically said "Priority Waitlist".)
- GPA: 3.7
- MCAT: 511
- IS, non-traditional
- did not send any update letters (was rly conflicted about this one but ultimately decided to not write one bc there wasn't anything substantially different to report. I was also trying to be mindful that the office might be swamped w/ other things due to the current circumstances.)