2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea when they will start accepting people off the HPWL?

Members don't see this ad.

is there any way to confirm if your post ii update letter was added to your file? I emailed them a while ago but no response...

Members don't see this ad :)
Emailed financial aid and they said the scholarship committee will be releasing the institutional aid notifications next week.

Any idea when they will start accepting people off the HPWL?

It should happen May 1st onwards, per the threads from previous years.

Does anyone know how many people they place on PWL (ballpark figure maybe)?

Just FYI, they updated MSAR and they took 30 people off the waitlist from the 18-19 cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
^^^ Also FYI I talked to an M1 at Cooper who got off the regular WL last year so they went through the entire PWL last year.

Is there a Facebook group/ GroupMe for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
If there is a groupme/ Facebook group can someone share the link?

Hi everyone! My name is Sherrie W. and I will be attending CMSRU this coming fall, Class of 2024. Haley T. (another Class of 2024) and I have started a Facebook group so that we could all get to know each other and ask questions. The group is called "Cooper Medical School Class of 2024" and I'll leave the link here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys. Does anyone know of anyone from CSMRU who was accepted from the regular waitlist? This year or past years? Thank you.

Hey does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlist here? I am no longer interested in this school, but I am going to be a reapplicant and want to make sure I am withdrawn before there is a chance of being accepted
I would just email them to withdraw your application completely.

Just withdrew my acceptance, best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

which email should I send to? I am just worried they won't take me off by mistake or won't see my email. I was wondering if a phone call would suffice?
You could call I guess?
ive just either withdrawn myself if that’s an option on the portal OR I would email the admissions committee email.
Their email is just the: [email protected]

Thank you! I sent a letter of intent this Monday with what I believe are relevant updates but knowing that there is a HPWL makes me feel insecure :( It is good to know that there have been acceptances from the regular waitlist before.

Hey does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlist here? I am no longer interested in this school, but I am going to be a reapplicant and want to make sure I am withdrawn before there is a chance of being accepted
Hi! I'm sort of curious as to your decision to be a reapplicant rather than taking on the acceptance from this school. Is there a particular reason for this decision or was it more for personal reasons? Thank you in advance! :)

Does anyone think with the pandemic situation, schools will start favoring local, in-state students even more when pulling off the WL? Maybe they will try and avoid flying students across the country if they can? Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking lol (I'm in-state and local).

Don't think so. If anything, our fall semester will just be online

There's historically a lot of movement. Good luck! Ask questions if you got em!

Anyone here get accepted there with a 504-505? Trying to figure out where they are with the MCAT as far as WL vs HPWL (I"m pretty sure that is a determining factor on how you are ranked)

Just got the call. Accepted off the HPWL. Waiting for financial aid to make a decision

Only the MCAT? Or the GPA too? Can I ask where you heard this?
I'm sure both the MCAT and GPA play a role (along with ECs ) but from my experience with medical school applications and peers in medical school, it is apparent that the MCAT is probably the determining factor (if you have a high MCAT score they'll be more accepting of a low gpa but if you have a high GPA but low mcat there's not much advantage there (unless you're from a top tier school then maybe a little).

I got the acceptance call at 11:07AM. Got off PWL. II 8/13/19; IA: 9/6/19. Placed on PWL 10/15. Sent two updates (Jan 2020, March 2020), an extra LOR in December, and sent an LOI earlier this week. OOS (NYC), ORM. 3.79 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA, 128/128/125/127 (508), older, very non-trad lots and lots of service experiences. Only MD acceptance. So, so, so grateful.

Last edited:
I got the acceptance call at 11:07AM. Got off PWL. II 8/13/19; IA: 9/6/19. Placed on PWL 10/15. Sent two updates (Jan 2020, March 2020), an extra LOR in December, and sent an LOI earlier this week. OOS (NYC). 3.79 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA, 128/128/125/127 (508), older, very non-trad lots and lots of service experiences. Only MD acceptance. So, so, so grateful.
Is priority waitlist different than the High Priority waitlist?

Also congrats!!

Accepted off the PWL this morning and will be attending in the fall!
Sharing my stats & experience for anyone who might benefit from reading them. I realize there's definitely no cookie cutter method into getting accepted, so it's important for us to be confident in our abilities and continue to be hopeful!

Interviewed 1/24 and was placed on the PWL. (I've been confused this entire time about the different waitlists. I'm not sure if there is a HIGH priority waitlist, a regular priority waitlist, and a regular waitlist VS. just the two waitlists (priority and regular). Regardless, my email specifically said "Priority Waitlist".)
  • GPA: 3.7
  • MCAT: 511
  • IS, non-traditional
  • did not send any update letters (was rly conflicted about this one but ultimately decided to not write one bc there wasn't anything substantially different to report. I was also trying to be mindful that the office might be swamped w/ other things due to the current circumstances.)
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users