2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when cooper starts taking people from the waiting list? Also, is the list ranked?

Is Cooper also not showing up on the Choose Your Medical School thing, or is it just me?
It didn't show up for me either. I definitely paid the fee so I'm not sure why. Did you by any chance get any information as to why it might not be showing up for people?

Reactions: 1 user
It didn't show up for me either. I definitely paid the fee so I'm not sure why. Did you by any chance get any information as to why it might not be showing up for people?

Nope, I'm just assuming it's a mistake on Cooper's part and they're delayed on opening their school to AMCAS. I'm sure it'll pop up in the next few days/we have until April 15 anyway! haha

CMSRU is now visible on the AMCAS Choose your medical school tool

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this was answered before, but I was wondering if anyone sent an ITA request to Cooper/if they are receptive to ITA requests?

It’s not an update though it’s an ITA request.

I would consider that an update--- you are updating them on your physical location :D

But really, I would take their policy to mean "We are too swamped to deal with the volume of stuff we receive. We don't have time to read anything other than secondaries"--- by limiting it to post interview communications only I'm sure it drastically reduces the volume (making it more manageable for the staff)

I mean obviously you can do whatever you want but I wouldn't spend too much time crafting anything for a school with that policy because they've stated explicitly they won't consider it (so pretty good chance that is the case)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would consider that an update--- you are updating them on your physical location :D

But really, I would take their policy to mean "We are too swamped to deal with the volume of stuff we receive. We don't have time to read anything other than secondaries"--- by limiting it to post interview communications only I'm sure it drastically reduces the volume (making it more manageable for the staff)

I mean obviously you can do whatever you want but I wouldn't spend too much time crafting anything for a school with that policy because they've stated explicitly they won't consider it (so pretty good chance that is the case)
Lol okay

Has anyone emailed admissions a question and not received a response? Not sure if they’re more responsive over phone.

From the site:

"

Can I submit updates or letters of intent?

CMSRU does not accept any updates or letters of intent unless you are placed on the waitlist after your interview

"

Received II on 2/20 and interviewed 2/21 (Also 3/6 date but I took the immediate one)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 2/21 and received the acceptance call this morning!!!!

This may have been asked already, but is there a facebook group for accepted students?

Reactions: 5 users

This may have been asked already, but is there a facebook group for accepted students?

I found an accepted students group that M3s and M4s made back in 2014, but I haven't seen anything for our incoming class yet

Just curious for any currently attending students - I was just wondering whether cooper is known for being generous (or not) with fin aid? Either need based or merit based ? I am interested in going but OOS tuition is a concern of mine :(

Yes, the finaid office made it sound like this was almost exclusively the case. But it’s possible they can suggest outside scholarships? (I was told that “it’s graduate school so all students are looking at mostly loans— Here’s how to find loan info”)
Oh okay :(
Guess I’m probably not going to Cooper then.

Do y'all keep getting the reminders to do the institutional aid? I submitted mine months ago, and the constant reminders is making me neurotic that I didn't lol

Do y'all keep getting the reminders to do the institutional aid? I submitted mine months ago, and the constant reminders is making me neurotic that I didn't lol
Yeah Im sure they got your stuff haha
They probably just send them out as more and more people get admitted

Oh okay :(
Guess I’m probably not going to Cooper then.

same.... hard to justify the $53,000 A YEAR difference in cost of attendance from my state school.
Sucks because I fell in love with Cooper.

Also interviewed 2/21 and accepted 2/27.

• Love
For those that have interviewed, what was it like? Any advice? I have mine on Friday and I am nervous!

Does anyone attending have any thoughts on UMED and whether they found it necessary/useful?

Just received a rejection email :( So sad, but goodluck to everyone else.

Also got the rejection letter. There's just something that irks me about applying on the first day secondaries are accepted and then getting ghosted till late March. Ah well :bang:

• Sad
Also got the rejection letter. There's just something that irks me about applying on the first day secondaries are accepted and then getting ghosted till late March. Ah well :bang:
+1 I’ve sent them about six emails with no response so of course the only time they email me is with the R letter haha

I guess the ppl that said that getting the Masters email was an R weren't wrong. Just got the R this morning. Thankfully it's not heartbreaking.

• Sad
Pre-II rejection email received at 11:11 am central time! Hope everyone is staying safe :)

• Sad