You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted998607
We actually just won an award: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Wins Prestigious National Award for Community EngagementHi, there!
I'm in the process of writing the secondary on how CMSRU will fulfill my mission. I've looked at the school's website and see that it focuses heavily on service and a collaborative environment. What do you specifically like about your school? Specific programs? I have a lot of experience volunteering for underserved communities, and feel like I would be a good match. Thank you for taking the time to help me out!!!
Our school is all about service learning and reaching out to our fellow community members. If you love volunteering for underserved communities, you would be hard-pressed to find a community more underserved than Camden. I say this over and over again, but I feel like I've been able to learn things here that I wouldn't have been able to learn anywhere else.
What I particularly love is that the day after you get your white coat (after your first exam in Sept), you start clinic. That means you will have more patient time as an M1/M2 than M3's at most other medical schools. Words cannot explain how valuable those experiences will be once you hit the wards. If you are looking for a more in depth answer, feel free to PM me.
D
deleted919212
Submitted 8/10 and haven't received a secondary yet. How long did it take you guys?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm I don’t know if there is any real rhyme or reason to it. I got it less than 24 hours after my AMCAS was verified.Submitted 8/10 and haven't received a secondary yet. How long did it take you guys?
Submitted 8/10 and haven't received a secondary yet. How long did it take you guys?
Similar to a previous poster, my secondary email was sent to spam so I finally found out like a week after it was sent there.
Division1MD
Full Member
Received the secondary 8/1 but still haven’t gotten around to submitting it... is it too late now? I know a bunch of IIs have already been given out
I was gonna PM you but it won't let me!We actually just won an award: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Wins Prestigious National Award for Community Engagement
Our school is all about service learning and reaching out to our fellow community members. If you love volunteering for underserved communities, you would be hard-pressed to find a community more underserved than Camden. I say this over and over again, but I feel like I've been able to learn things here that I wouldn't have been able to learn anywhere else.
What I particularly love is that the day after you get your white coat (after your first exam in Sept), you start clinic. That means you will have more patient time as an M1/M2 than M3's at most other medical schools. Words cannot explain how valuable those experiences will be once you hit the wards. If you are looking for a more in depth answer, feel free to PM me.
D
deleted998607
Should work now. Had to change my settings.I was gonna PM you but it won't let me!
Hello! Can someone share some advice on how to format a mission statement? Is it a sentence or two for the missions statement like how it is for school missions?
Also, can adversity include doing poorly on the MCAT and then working at it to improve?
Thank you!
Also, can adversity include doing poorly on the MCAT and then working at it to improve?
Thank you!
D
deleted998607
Don't let this process turn you into a neurotic human being. It's August. Interview invites are extended until ~March. Submit it and best of luck!Received the secondary 8/1 but still haven’t gotten around to submitting it... is it too late now? I know a bunch of IIs have already been given out
I got an II (OOS, LM 75, complete 7/31)
But there was only one day for interview 🙁
I took it, but its a pretty inconvenient day for me tbh. I’m happy and grateful that they’re even considering me, but I wish we could’ve had more leeway for choosing days.
But there was only one day for interview 🙁
I took it, but its a pretty inconvenient day for me tbh. I’m happy and grateful that they’re even considering me, but I wish we could’ve had more leeway for choosing days.
End of this week - I guess all the seats filled up with people already? I was surprised that there was only one day highlighted on the calender as available.
pineapple68
New Member
I just got an II which I am sooooo thrilled about!!! but the only 2 dates they provide are dates I can absolutely not do because of work responsibilities. Do you think it would be okay to call them and explain my situation to see if I can get a different date?
pineapple68
New Member
It seems like you don't have much of a choice right? As someone said to me the other day, their response to those types of situations tells you something about the school that you can figure into your decision making process later (for better or worse).
When were you marked complete?
submitted 7/31, complete 8/4
IS or OOS? And stats if you don't mind?submitted 7/31, complete 8/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pineapple68
New Member
IS or OOS? And stats if you don't mind?
IS, LM: 75.5 (Sorry I keep on forgetting all the important information!!!!)
Also I decided to call and I left a message. I will let you guys know if they are open to changing dates!
Congratulations!!!! I have similar LM but OOS 🙁 Also complete around the same timeIS, LM: 75.5 (Sorry I keep on forgetting all the important information!!!!)
Also I decided to call and I left a message. I will let you guys know if they are open to changing dates!
my primary was verified and transmitted to them 8/21. No secondary yet but I've gotten secondaries from everywhere else. Lower stats but service heavy.
Any chance i'll get a secondary?
Any chance i'll get a secondary?
According to my data mining of this SDN page... it looks like they follow no cohesive pattern:
7/31 (Wednesday)
8/8 (Thursday)
8/12 (Monday)
8/13 (Tuesday)
8/23 (Friday)
8/30 (Friday)
Keep up the good work 🙂
IS, LM: 75.5 (Sorry I keep on forgetting all the important information!!!!)
Also I decided to call and I left a message. I will let you guys know if they are open to changing dates!
Did they allow you to reschedule? I'm stuck in a similar situation since I live out of state and will be in NJ the week before my interview so it would be easier to do it then :/ But since they also have an orientation, welcome breakfast, etc. I feel they would need it to be on one of their fixed interview dates. Does anyone know if they had any dates between September 14th-September 26th?
Does anyone know if they had any dates between September 14th-September 26th?
The only two dates they had available when I checked in August were 9/6 and 9/27.
pineapple68
New Member
Did they allow you to reschedule? I'm stuck in a similar situation since I live out of state and will be in NJ the week before my interview so it would be easier to do it then :/ But since they also have an orientation, welcome breakfast, etc. I feel they would need it to be on one of their fixed interview dates. Does anyone know if they had any dates between September 14th-September 26th?
I did get a response! They gave me 2 other dates I could choose from (late October, Early November). So they are flexible, but they only have limited interview dates.
Cooper is very kind about life and its plans; they understand and will accommodate as much as they can!
^ I see you @NotSoObvious
Have you received one yet? I'm also waiting on a secondary. Primary was verified 8/17. (Checked spam as well).my primary was verified and transmitted to them 8/21. No secondary yet but I've gotten secondaries from everywhere else. Lower stats but service heavy.
Any chance i'll get a secondary?
Last edited:
Have you received one yet? I'm also waiting on a secondary. Primary was verified 8/17. (Checked spam as well).
No i might be screened out as I'm low stats tbh. Service heavy so targeting appropriate schools. I decided to send an extra LOR as a "poke". Couldn't hurt!
D
deleted915325
^ I see you @NotSoObvious
Been loving the post cardio weekend. ALG tomorrow LOL
Can't wait...........Been loving the post cardio weekend. ALG tomorrow LOL
Mcat around 510 gpa around 3.2 post-bacc gpa 3.96.Stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted998607
Current 3rd year. Pretty sure those stats wouldn't get you screened out. With the publicity/awards over the past few years, Cooper is definitely growing in terms of popularity and 'numbers' required, but if you have a track record for service and are passionate about whatever it is that you did, you have a shot. Good luck!Mcat around 510 gpa around 3.2 post-bacc gpa 3.96.
Congratulations!! When were you complete?II today! super excited for the opportunity!
8/5Congratulations!! When were you complete?
Aye congratulations!!! Are you IS or OOS?II today! super excited for the opportunity!
OOSAye congratulations!!! Are you IS or OOS?
A little birdy saw the first meeting and voting of the admissions committee come together yesterday.
The first of your class has been selected!
The first of your class has been selected!
I have not recieved a secondary from Cooper... Should I just not expect one at this point?
In the same boat here.
Anyone mind sharing the secondary link? Would just like to see if I lost it in my email instead of risking leaving a secondary on the table.
Mine was in my spam folderIn the same boat here.
Anyone mind sharing the secondary link? Would just like to see if I lost it in my email instead of risking leaving a secondary on the table.
Mine was in my spam folder
unfortunately that would be deleted now 🙁 Do you mind sending me the secondary link?
PMd youunfortunately that would be deleted now 🙁 Do you mind sending me the secondary link?
Hey man, I'm in the same boat. Could you please PM me the link?PMd you
Sent!Hey man, I'm in the same boat. Could you please PM me the link?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
speedracer347
Full Member
when did you submit your primary?I have not recieved a secondary from Cooper... Should I just not expect one at this point?
D
deleted998607
The website used to explicitly state that they do not accept letters of interest or updates pre-ii. I'm not sure if that's still the case.Is there any way to show additional interest in the school?
If you want my advice, I would pull that out later in the cycle, as it is still very early. Good luck.
I submitted my primary on June 5th and was verified on June 25th....when did you submit your primary?