You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Yes interviewed here last Tuesday! The interview day is lecture during the day then lunch then two interviewers both of which are faculty. Then after that the medical school tour and Q&A session with current medical students. Tips are to prepare for the unexpected one of my interviews was over webcam because the interviewer couldn’t make it but many of the questions were tailored around challenges, disagreements, obstacles and how you were able to overcome them and what you learned from them (besides the standard why medicine why do you want to be a doctor, etc.) Overall I enjoyed the day I like the school a lot!Anyone who already interviewed here have any tips, or notes about what the interview day is like? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Stats?II! Complete 9/16
II today for 11/21! Preliminary review complete 9/26
Congrats! Stats if you don’t mind sharing?II today for 11/21! Preliminary review complete 9/26
II yesterday for 11/21! IS, LM 69, got the prelim complete email 11/12
D
deleted820490
oh they're really not going in order then that gives me hopeII yesterday for 11/21! IS, LM 69, got the prelim complete email 11/12
student9574123
New Member
Interviewed in October and was accepted via phone call earlier this week. Honestly I'm still shocked. I was incredibly impressed by the school, facilities, and administration. Would be happy to give some more information. IS LM 71
Interviewed in October and was accepted via phone call earlier this week. Honestly I'm still shocked. I was incredibly impressed by the school, facilities, and administration. Would be happy to give some more information. IS LM 71
Congratulations! How was the interview day? Have any pointers for it?
LM 74Congrats! Stats?
student9574123
New Member
Congratulations! How was the interview day? Have any pointers for it?
Thank you! Interview day was great. Small group of us, handful of informative presentations, interviews, tour, few more presentations/Q&A. Nothing unexpected, and as for pointers, it really just comes down to the interviews. I had two very enjoyable conversations with my interviewers and really just tried to be genuine with my responses.
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
When did you interview in October if you don’t mind ?Interviewed in October and was accepted via phone call earlier this week. Honestly I'm still shocked. I was incredibly impressed by the school, facilities, and administration. Would be happy to give some more information. IS LM 71
student9574123
New Member
When did you interview in October if you don’t mind ?
DMed you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7 weeks and counting for me too lolHas anyone emailed them after the "3-6 weeks" they estimated it would take to complete preliminary review to get an update on status? It's been 7 weeks for me.. wondering if I should just sit tight or make sure all is well.
I emailed last week and haven't heard back. It had been over 6 weeks for me.Has anyone emailed them after the "3-6 weeks" they estimated it would take to complete preliminary review to get an update on status? It's been 7 weeks for me.. wondering if I should just sit tight or make sure all is well.
JordanChapelHill23
Full Member
Submitted my secondary yesterday lol. I wasn't going to but since I have a waiver then might as well submit even if it is 4 months too late. Let's see how this experiment goes
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Wow congrats! I interviewed on Tuesday 11/5 also. Did you receive an email or was it over the phone?Interviewed Tuesday, 11/5 and accepted 11/20. Super excited! DM me for more info!
2: 38|II: 2||wait list interview: 1| R: 5|A: 1|
Thanks! it was over the phoneWow congrats! I interviewed on Tuesday 11/5 also. Did you receive an email or was it over the phone?
Have you gotten the official email yet?Interviewed in October and was accepted via phone call earlier this week. Honestly I'm still shocked. I was incredibly impressed by the school, facilities, and administration. Would be happy to give some more information. IS LM 71
student9574123
New Member
Have you gotten the official email yet?
Yup I got it a few days afterwards
D
deleted1001426
just recieved the least personalized II ever lol it starts with dear [last name][first name], [amcas ID]. Cant tell if the II was sent by mistake or if they just didnt populate the name part
D
deleted1001426
yeah just saw the corrected one. For whatever reason the corrected version went to my spamI also got the same email, but they followed with a corrected version.
Had the same thing happen to me last nightjust recieved the least personalized II ever lol it starts with dear [last name][first name], [amcas ID]. Cant tell if the II was sent by mistake or if they just didnt populate the name part
D
deleted977121
II yesterday
3.87/519 IS
Prelim review complete 9/19
Is the video conference just an extra screening? Does anyone know what happens during it? Just another interview?
3.87/519 IS
Prelim review complete 9/19
Is the video conference just an extra screening? Does anyone know what happens during it? Just another interview?
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Video conference? I didn't have that when I received my interview invitation lol.II yesterday
3.87/519 IS
Prelim review complete 9/19
Is the video conference just an extra screening? Does anyone know what happens during it? Just another interview?
D
deleted977121
Video conference? I didn't have that when I received my interview invitation lol.
I heard that only some people get the video conference, so I guess I was just unlucky and got screened out haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that only some people get the video conference, so I guess I was just unlucky and got screened out haha
I got the video conference as well. Whatever that means
Veloci_granger
Full Member
I just emailed them as well... it's been over 10 weeks for me.I emailed last week and haven't heard back. It had been over 6 weeks for me.
Anyone get a response yet?
It has also been over 10 weeks for me. I'm going to e-mail them todayI just emailed them as well... it's been over 10 weeks for me.
Anyone get a response yet?
XannyFairy
Full Member
Accepted. Interviewed 11/19 and got the call this morning from dean of admissions.
3.8 / 520 / In State
Good luck to everyone !
3.8 / 520 / In State
Good luck to everyone !
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Congrats! I wonder in what order they review applications. I interviewed on 11/5.Accepted. Interviewed 11/19 and got the call this morning from dean of admissions.
3.8 / 520 / In State
Good luck to everyone !
Got the acceptance call today! Interviewed 11/19.
I just emailed them as well... it's been over 10 weeks for me.
Anyone get a response yet?
Its been about 9 weeks for me so I am probably going to be emailing sometime next week.
I saw some people who submitted after my complete date get the prelim review complete email so I dunno what to make of it ♀️
currymike4
New Member
Happy Thanksgiving! Does anyone know if Hackensack SOM has a cadaver lab?
XannyFairy
Full Member
Happy Thanksgiving! Does anyone know if Hackensack SOM has a cadaver lab?
Yea, when I interviewed they had a nice modern cadaver lab in addition to many surgery simulation and clinic simulation rooms.
currymike4
New Member
Does anyone know if Hackensack gives students iPads or tablets when they matriculate?
Any updates since emailing them? It’s been over 10 weeks for me as well.It has also been over 10 weeks for me. I'm going to e-mail them today
I bit the bullet and emailed them this morning about the prelim review. Its been about 11 weeks for me.
Let us know the outcome! Around 10 weeks for me I think.I bit the bullet and emailed them this morning about the prelim review. Its been about 11 weeks for me.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Interviewed Tuesday 11/5 ; Accepted 12/4! Received the acceptance call this morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DopeAmine95
Full Member
Lol interviewed 10/8 and still haven't heard back from them
Do I still have a chance at getting an II here if I just submitted my secondary yesterday? Lol
speedracer347
Full Member
did they get back to you? I'm on the same boat as you...and I don't know what to do at this pointI bit the bullet and emailed them this morning about the prelim review. Its been about 11 weeks for me.
Its been 11 weeks for me as well. I emailed last week and have not heard anything back.