2019-2020 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Undecided and I are going to make a facebook group for the inaugural class. Message me to add me on facebook if you'd like to be added so we can begin to plan (study groups, housing, financial, etc.)

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled for virtual interview tomorrow but they didn’t give me a time. I’m assuming 1. I emailed but no response. Any one have an idea?

Scheduled for virtual interview tomorrow but they didn’t give me a time. I’m assuming 1. I emailed but no response. Any one have an idea?
This is what I found from the interview information: Tuesday interviews will run from 9:00 am to approximately 12:30 pm. All Thursday interviews will run from 1:00 pm to approximately 4:30 pm.

This is what I found from the interview information: Tuesday interviews will run from 9:00 am to approximately 12:30 pm. All Thursday interviews will run from 1:00 pm to approximately 4:30 pm.
THanks. Not sure if I’m overlooking the emails but Any idea why they wouldn’t provide that info for us? It just said afternoon but not a specific time. I’ll just go with 1 and maybe confirm in morning

THanks. Not sure if I’m overlooking the emails but Any idea why they wouldn’t provide that info for us? It just said afternoon but not a specific time. I’ll just go with 1 and maybe confirm in morning

If you look on the portal under the interview tab, there is information provided.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the thread late but I was accepted last week! Super excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Undecided and I are going to make a facebook group for the inaugural class. Message me to add me on facebook if you'd like to be added so we can begin to plan (study groups, housing, financial, etc.)

Cheers!
Awesome! I messaged you :)

Hi everyone, I received the call last Friday that I was accepted. Decided to accept and payed my deposit today. Excited to meet everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone write "thank you" emails to their interviewers / is this appropriate to do?

Did anyone write "thank you" emails to their interviewers / is this appropriate to do?
I asked and was told to email it to the general uh admissions email (uhcom one). They said to not email individual interviewers. They also said to not upload it to the portal

Hi,

I debated about sending a thank you email to all the interviewers. In the end, I decided not to do it. It did not affect my application negatively.

I’m sorry to hear how did they reach out and when was your interview date, if you don’t mind me asking?
It was by email, and it was a pre II rejection

When is the latest they notify interviewed applicants they are either rejected or place on the WL? The website says they will adhere to TMDSAS EY 2020 timeline but they just updated their website and I can't find it anymore

When is the latest they notify interviewed applicants they are either rejected or place on the WL? The website says they will adhere to TMDSAS EY 2020 timeline but they just updated their website and I can't find it anymore
The TMDSAS timeline isn't particularly helpful anyway :p Basically they can't make an offer to anyone who already has a TMDSAS offer starting 5/15, so chances are they'll try to have everything wrapped up by then, but we'll have to see what happens.

They said they would make decisions by next Friday to give everyone a week to decide

Any acceptance calls today ? I thought today would be a big call day.

Any acceptance calls today ? I thought today would be a big call day.
I thought so initially, but it seems like they're calling in smaller batches throughout the week rather than a big wave every Friday.

I thought so initially, but it seems like they're calling in smaller batches throughout the week rather than a big wave every Friday.
Maybe they’re waiting to review the last batch of interviews from this week before making decisions. When did you interview ?

Maybe they’re waiting to review the last batch of interviews from this week before making decisions. When did you interview ?

March 24th, so one of the earlier interviews. I'm also out of state, and given their very local mission I feel I may not be high up on the priority list for them. Which is too bad, I'd love to attend, but I'm not holding my breath :) I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Does anyone know if they send out rejection/WL notification to those interviewed earlier but haven't heard anything back?

March 24th, so one of the earlier interviews. I'm also out of state, and given their very local mission I feel I may not be high up on the priority list for them. Which is too bad, I'd love to attend, but I'm not holding my breath :) I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!
Hang in there ! You never know. Hope we all hear something soon. Waiting is driving me a little crazy.

Hang in there ! You never know. Hope we all hear something soon. Waiting is driving me a little crazy.
I know, me too... But at least this one should be wrapped up in the next few weeks! Good luck!

The last interview date was yesterday. And I know typically for most Texas medical schools, you arent outright rejected post-interview. Often schools put you on a waitlist and continually look at your file. Hoping for the best for everyone!

Any acceptance calls today ? Who all is still waiting for decision, anyone from 4/21 interview day?

Any acceptance calls today ? Who all is still waiting for decision, anyone from 4/21 interview day?
Still waiting here. Was hoping for something today but figured it would be any day

Did anyone who had their interview on 3/31 hear back yet? Thanks!

Based on this thread, it looks like people got accepted last Wednesday, and the previous Friday. Assuming they give everyone the full week and wait for all of those to resolve, they should send out another round on this Wednesday. I wouldn't expect to hear earlier, but there's always a chance they prove me wrong...

They did state during their interview last week that they want to have sent out all As by this Friday to give people time to decide and to follow TMDSAS guidelines of students only holding onto 1A by May 15th

Cheers!
Would you mind sending me the link to the FB group? I also got accepted the same day you did (4/24). Will make a Facebook shortly.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they’re finished extending acceptances? I know there’s likely people who don’t use SDN who have been offered admission.

Does anyone know if they’re finished extending acceptances? I know there’s likely people who don’t use SDN who have been offered admission.
I can’t say for certain if they are still sending them out. But if they are sticking to giving people one week to decide, then I would imagine early to mid this week or last week is the last batch. They need to make sure the class is filled by May 15th if they want to send out acceptances to those who have other offers. Of course, they can probably still send out acceptances to those who don’t have offers close to the May 15 deadline or after but I am honestly not sure of this likelihood.

I can’t say for certain if they are still sending them out. But if they are sticking to giving people one week to decide, then I would imagine early to mid this week or last week is the last batch. They need to make sure the class is filled by May 15th if they want to send out acceptances to those who have other offers. Of course, they can probably still send out acceptances to those who don’t have offers close to the May 15 deadline or after but I am honestly not sure of this likelihood.
I wanted to add that the reason why I say I’m not sure if they will extend offers after May 15th is because I’ve read somewhere they were trying to stick to the TMDSAS timeline

I wanted to add that the reason why I say I’m not sure if they will extend offers after May 15th is because I’ve read somewhere they were trying to stick to the TMDSAS timeline
Thanks for your insight! And, congratulations!

Thanks for your insight! And, congratulations!
Not a problem. Best of luck. I don’t think it would negatively impact you if you send them a friendly email asking if interviewees’ applications are still being reviewed.

Received an 832 number thinking it was them. Ended up being some telecom company -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users