2019-2020 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an 832 number thinking it was them. Ended up being some telecom company -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel you on this one. Every time my phone rings haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe tomorrow or Friday? :x

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My phone rang with a 713 number and my heart dropped. I answered with a shaky voice... It turns out my Covid-19 test came back negative... Small victories, I suppose...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
My phone rang with a 713 number and my heart dropped. I answered with a shaky voice... It turns out my Covid-19 test came back negative... Small victories, I suppose...

At least this means we're all still in the game!

At least this means we're all still in the game!
I hope so ! I think someone posted earlier on about calls likely being Friday to give us exactly one week prior to May 15th TMDSAS traffic rules. It makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope so ! I think someone posted earlier on about calls likely being Friday to give us exactly one week prior to May 15th TMDSAS traffic rules. It makes sense.
they did mention during the interview last week that all final calls would be made by Friday. Now I don't recall if they said they will call BY Friday or ON Friday. Either way, wishing everyone positive vibes. Its quite stressful

Congrats! This is great news though!

And I also answered both 832 calls with a shaky voice lmao

To those of you that have gotten acceptance calls, can you guys share what time you got the call?

To those of you that have gotten acceptance calls, can you guys share what time you got the call?

Hi, they called me at about 9:30 AM! Good luck! Anxiously waiting for you all to be called as well.

Hahaha maybe tomorrow then? :D:D:D

I GOT THE PHONE CALL AT 11AM. OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT.
It only takes ONE A! Im gonna be a doctor yall!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
I GOT THE PHONE CALL AT 11AM. OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT.
It only takes ONE A! Im gonna be a doctor yall!
Congratulations, that's amazing to hear!!

That was only an hour ago so it's possible they're still calling? I guess we'll see :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, that's amazing to hear!!

That was only an hour ago so it's possible they're still calling? I guess we'll see :p
Yes, yes yes. Good luck and I am hoping you are part of the class with me!

Can't believe it but I also got the call this morning!! So excited to meet everyone :')

Reactions: 10 users
Can't believe it but I also got the call this morning!! So excited to meet everyone :')
HEY CLASSMATE!!

P.S. join the groupchat and FB group (PM me and ill share them with ya)

• Love
For those of you who have been accepted (if you all don’t mind me asking), do you have a count on how many people have committed? Just trying to gauge if there’s still hope or not...but congratulations and best of luck to all of you!

For those of you who have been accepted (if you all don’t mind me asking), do you have a count on how many people have committed? Just trying to gauge if there’s still hope or not...but congratulations and best of luck to all of you!
I think the only people who have that answer is admissions. I think the biggest factor is that not all accepted applicants use SDN, and even if they do, they may not have posted yet or will opt to not post.

To put your hopes up, by May 15th, all applicants can only hold one spot at a Texas medical school. Thus, spot(s) may open up again next week and the week after. We have only one week to decide if we want to attend or not.

I think the only people who have that answer is admissions. I think the biggest factor is that not all accepted applicants use SDN, and even if they do, they may not have posted yet or will opt to not post.

To put your hopes up, by May 15th, all applicants can only hold one spot at a Texas medical school. Thus, spot(s) may open up again next week and the week after. We have only one week to decide if we want to attend or not.
That's a good point... it would be helpful to know how many people are in the Facebook group though if you don't mind! I know not everyone will join, but it would give us a sense of how many spots could be remaining. Thank you :)

That's a good point... it would be helpful to know how many people are in the Facebook group though if you don't mind! I know not everyone will join, but it would give us a sense of how many spots could be remaining. Thank you :)

We have 12 people in our group chat plus 1 person who was accepted and invited to join it today so 13 people have been accepted and posted on SDN about it. Almost half of the cohort!

Reactions: 5 users
We have 12 people in our group chat plus 1 person who was accepted and invited to join it today so 13 people have been accepted and posted on SDN about it. Almost half of the cohort!
That's a pretty decent rate. I think there's probably some people who were accepted and didn't see this thread as it doesn't pop up as an early result if you google university of houston college of medicine but I wonder how many people that really is... I guess we'll see! Thanks again :D

Reactions: 2 users
All glory to God, I'm blessed to have gotten the call this morning as well. I'm sooo grateful and sooo excited!

Praying for everyone that's still waiting, cuz the wait has been agonizing. Hoping and praying you all hear good news soon! You're all capable and worthy of accomplishing great things!!

I was waitlisted at 3 other Texas schools and one school out of state. So I'm sure there will be plenty of WL movement in lots of places soon. I'm grateful to finally have an acceptance somewhere!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats! Make sure you join the Facebook group, apparently they're missing people! Do you mind if I ask when you interviewed?

• Love
Congrats! Make sure you join the Facebook group, apparently they're missing people! Do you mind if I ask when you interviewed?
I interviewed on 4/28. Literally the second to last day of interviews. So they really are taking their time to thoroughly review apps to find people aligned with their mission.

Wishing some good news to come your way!

I was at work and got a missed call from an 832 number this morning, but no voicemail left behind. I called back but no one answered. For anyone that missed a call from UHCOM, UHCOM leaves a message, right? Or not necessarily?

I was at work and got a missed call from an 832 number this morning, but no voicemail left behind. I called back but no one answered. For anyone that missed a call from UHCOM, UHCOM leaves a message, right? Or not necessarily?
I'm completely the wrong person to answer this, but I recall someone saying that their portal would change like a day after getting the call or something. Also someone else said it might not even be a Houston number since it's coming from the committee, and they may be from different places. I would assume that they would leave a message, as that's what other admissions committees do to my knowledge, but in case they forgot, maybe you can check tomorrow in your portal (if they don't call back)?

Edit: also maybe try reverse phone lookuping the number. That might let you know if it's a spam call or not. If not, that may be your call!

Last edited:
I'm completely the wrong person to answer this, but I recall someone saying that their portal would change like a day after getting the call or something. Also someone else said it might not even be a Houston number since it's coming from the committee, and they may be from different places. I would assume that they would leave a message, as that's what other admissions committees do to my knowledge, but in case they forgot, maybe you can check tomorrow in your portal (if they don't call back)?

Edit: also maybe try reverse phone lookuping the number. That might let you know if it's a spam call or not. If not, that may be your call!
Thanks so much for this info :)! I'll check my portal and best wishes to you with everything!

Thanks so much for this info :)! I'll check my portal and best wishes to you with everything!
Did you end up hearing anything?

I'm going to guess they're done calling for this week :p maybe we'll hear something next week if anyone turns down their offers, but my guess is we're not going to hear too much more at this point unfortunately :/

Reactions: 4 users
Did you end up hearing anything?

I'm going to guess they're done calling for this week :p maybe we'll hear something next week if anyone turns down their offers, but my guess is we're not going to hear too much more at this point unfortunately :/
No, my portal didn't receive any update :/ I'm sad I haven't heard any decision yet from my March interview. Let's hope for the best for next week and I hope you receive awesome news too :)! Also, best wishes to everyone here with everything :)!

Reactions: 4 users
I don't know if you were asking the accepted people or not, but I'm going to say I haven't been accepted and I did not get a portal change
Yeah it was more for those of us that are still waiting to hear about any news at all haha.

Yes, still waiting here as well and the portal looks exactly the same.

To my knowledge, the class is filled. If someone drops, there will be movement but it will be very minor.
Good Luck!

If the class is full I hope they let people, that have interviewed, know if they have been waitlisted or rejected soon

Reactions: 5 users
Sorry to ask, but can you provide proof?
I'm part of the class. We are only waiting on 2 more people to join the private group, and I believe someone in our group shared an email stating that its filled.
Good luck to you all!

This is super late but Im one of the accepted! Got interviewed April 16th and got the acceptance call April 29th, does anyone have the link to the groupme/facebook group?

This is super late but Im one of the accepted! Got interviewed April 16th and got the acceptance call April 29th, does anyone have the link to the groupme/facebook group?

I e-mailed administration and they sent the Group Me link to the list serve of students admitted, so you should have gotten an e-mail. Any luck? Feel free to PM me if not, but that’s where you should find the link.

I e-mailed administration and they sent the Group Me link to the list serve of students admitted, so you should have gotten an e-mail. Any luck? Feel free to PM me if not, but that’s where you should find the link.

Yeah I was able to join, the link they first emailed wasn’t working for me so I emailed them back and they sent me an updated link that worked

For those who did not receive an acceptance, have you had a portal change yet or some notice of waitlist/rejection?

I sent an email last week inquiring about rejection/waitlist post interview and got ghosted

I think they will have to have some sort of wait list as there's always the possibility that someone could exit the class at any point. I think you're right that the possibility of that happening is very low, but they will still need to take that possibility into account.

I think they will have to have some sort of wait list as there's always the possibility that someone could exit the class at any point. I think you're right that the possibility of that happening is very low, but they will still need to take that possibility into account.
I actually agree with purple here... They don't really need to come up with a waitlist. They could just keep us all hanging and then worry about filling the empty seat if someone leaves honestly. If we are being honest it's their first year and they probably have other things to deal with as well especially with this whole pandemic