2019-2020 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the email with the NDA today. I see that there’s a spot for a witness to sign. Did you guys just have a friend or family member sign there? Also, did you use an E signature or did you print, sign, and scan?
I had all the same thoughts and questions. I just had my sister sign on the witness line, and did an E signature through noteability. I don't know if that was okay, but they didn't give much instruction and I don't have access to printer. I'm guessing whatever we do as long as it is uploaded we should be okay.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I AM CRYING YALL
II. LAST DATE IS 4/30

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't mind me, just a coog posting in UH-COM's inaugural school thread. :whistle:

Best of luck with you admission results future Coogs. I've been fortunate enough to have attended lectures taught by Drs. Spann (founding dean) and Valier (the best medical historian in Texas) and many more faculty passionate about community health. Their guidance in this school makes me soo excited for you guys who are passionate for tackling health disparities in Houston, Texas and beyond!

Hope you meet all you guys as physicians one day!

Reactions: 7 users
Questions for the MMI; were they just scenarios or did they ask questions like why uhcom, why medicine?

Questions for the MMI; were they just scenarios or did they ask questions like why uhcom, why medicine?
You can't ask the content of the MMI stations - prior interviewees were asked not to share this information. That's what signing the "NDA" (non-disclosure agreement) is for.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Did anybody send thank you notes/emails after the interview? It is difficult to find contacts to send thank you notes.

I think thank you notes for an MMI is always a challenge. You could send a thank you to the admissions email box if you want!

Any luck?
No luck. Haven't had an email returned to me. This is the email I got. I follow their steps and end up on this page. Frustrating that I haven't heard anything back. I would be sad if this was an II and I didn't end up getting it due to an error.
Admissions Decision is Ready.png

Student Communication Center.png

No luck. Haven't had an email returned to me. This is the email I got. I follow their steps and end up on this page. Frustrating that I haven't heard anything back. I would be sad if this was an II and I didn't end up getting it due to an error.
View attachment 303022
View attachment 303026
Did you apply to any other programs at UH?

Edit:
To check what applications you have active, instead of clicking on "Student Communication Center" click on "Student Center". Then scroll down to Admissions and it will tell you the status of your applications for the school.

Last edited:
View attachment 303022
View attachment 303026
That doesn't seem to be the uhcom page. I think the email is supposed to be just an email saying your status on your portal has changed. Have you checked your uhcom portal?

View attachment 303022
View attachment 303026
That looks like the admissions decision for the undergraduate school or one of their other graduate schools, not the medical school. What email address did you send the email to, was it UHCOM-admissions(a)uh.edu

EDIT: I just PM'd you the link to the secondary portal along with what it looks like when you have an II, if the Interview tab is there it means you got an II

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 303022
View attachment 303026
That’s interesting because that’s appears to be the main UH portal. Dr. Kathryn Horn and Dr. Dayton are the contacts for the UH Med Admissions office not Mr. Maxwell. I’d try calling the UH main number and asking to speak to the college of med staff. They can transfer you to the right folks if email isn’t working.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help. Checked the AMP and I don't have any news there.

• Sad
Anyone accepted their offer yet? Never thought i'd be back here refreshing my email all day :scared:

In yesterday’s interview they said initial offers would be made first week of May. Has anyone already gotten an offer ?

In yesterday’s interview they said initial offers would be made first week of May. Has anyone already gotten an offer ?
One person that we know of. I think he/she mentioned that he/she had a 520+ MCAT, interviewed in the first round, and other offers though, it could have been just a couple of offers in the beginning and the rest in May.

edit: he/she

Reactions: 1 users
Also, based on that one person's account, they received the acceptance by phone. So if that's how they're sending out acceptances, it's probably not worth spending time refreshing your email :p

Opps! I thought the witness line was for admissions to sign :( we were suppose to have someone not from the UHCOM sign the agreement if we had a virtual interview??

I also thought this and didn’t have a witness sign it but I really don’t think it’s a big deal so I wouldn’t worry. And I’m sure if something is wrong with what we submitted they’ll reach out. They seem to be focused on bigger issues with getting all the virtual interviews done.

Last edited:
I also thought this and didn’t have a witness sign it but I really don’t think it’s a big deal so I wouldn’t worry. And I’m sure if something is wrong with what we submitted they’ll reach out. They seem to be focused on bigger issues with getting all the virtual interviews done.
Thanks!

Does anyone see any problem with taking the interview from my phone? My WiFi can be unreliable so I was considering using my cellular data.

YOU GUYS! I just got a phone call! I GOT IN! :) I'm so, so, so excited!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Congratulations!!!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed and your stats ?

3.6 under grad (Rice U.) and grad school GPA, Clinical Doctorate in physical therapy, I'm Hispanic and Spanish speaking, work at a county hospital on the inpatient side. MCAT was a bit on the lower end (average for people who took it).

I interviewed Thursday (around 3 weeks ago).

Reactions: 5 users
I honestly was really excited on the phone and couldn't think straight, so didn't ask good questions. Nothing has updated on my portal yet, but they did indicate that everything would be done online either by e-mail or elsewhere. They did give me a verbal offer, but I'm realizing I don't know how to accept! Haha... hopefully I get an e-mail soon or my portal updates soon.

Reactions: 4 users
3.6 under grad (Rice U.) and grad school GPA, Clinical Doctorate in physical therapy, I'm Hispanic and Spanish speaking, work at a county hospital on the inpatient side. MCAT was a bit on the lower end (average for people who took it).

I interviewed Thursday (around 3 weeks ago).
Thanks for sharing! That’s amazing and again congratulations!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Guys! Phone call today from one of my interviewers at 1pm. I got in as well!! I was freaked out on the phone! I was told my portal should be updated later today. I’m super paranoid now thinking if they made a mistake by calling me since I don’t have a letter yet!! I’m thrilled!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hi Guys! Phone call today from one of my interviewers at 1pm. I got in as well!! I was freaked out on the phone! I was told my portal should be updated later today. I’m super paranoid now thinking if they made a mistake by calling me since I don’t have a letter yet!! I’m thrilled!
Congrats!! That's so awesome :) Free tuition!!! Were you holding any texas acceptances?

That’s amazing! Congrats. When did you interview if you don't mind?

Last edited:
  • Haha
I got a phone call this morning as well!! accepted and going to take it. I interviewed 4/07 I believe. they will send an email to us and we have 7 days from the day we get the email to decide.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I got a phone call this morning as well!! accepted and going to take it. I interviewed 4/07 I believe. they will send an email to us and we have 7 days from the day we get the email to decide.
Congratulations!!

I recieved a phone call from a houston area code, did any of you guys miss a call for an interview and did they leave a voicemail?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I recieved a phone call from a houston area code, did any of you guys miss a call for an interview and did they leave a voicemail?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think they call for interview invites. They send an email directing you to check your AMP and you choose a date in the portal. Did you interview already- they seem to be calling with acceptance offers.

I also got a phone call Last Friday and still can't believe it! I've decided to accept and have already made my deposit on the portal. Still waiting to hear back with more information but I am so excited to meet the rest of you starting this year!!

Reactions: 6 users
I also got a phone call Last Friday and still can't believe it! I've decided to accept and have already made my deposit on the portal. Still waiting to hear back with more information but I am so excited to meet the rest of you starting this year!!

Excited to meet you, too! Sending you a message as it appears we will be spending a lot of time together the next four years. Are you already in Houston?

I don't think they call for interview invites. They send an email directing you to check your AMP and you choose a date in the portal. Did you interview already- they seem to be calling with acceptance offers.

It isn't always a Houston area. I'll give a heads up that I almost didn't pick up the phone call for my acceptance (I'm sure COVID has really messed with things since most professors and admins are working from home). The call was Louisiana area code as the person who called me is from that area.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Just got a phone call this morning that I got in!

Reactions: 9 users
Excited to meet you, too! Sending you a message as it appears we will be spending a lot of time together the next four years. Are you already in Houston?
Already Messaged you! Can't wait until we all start the year!

Honestly surprised that we only heard from one person that interviewed in March...

Honestly surprised that we only heard from one person that interviewed in March...
Just a reminder that sdn is a small percentage of applicants who actually use the site to discuss. People are accepted perhaps from March and not discussing it on this thread

Hi all! I got the call today! I’ve also been accepted. So excited! :banana: :soexcited:<- real life view of me since I got the call.

Interviewed on 4/16! I do have an acceptance elsewhere in Texas but not one of the TMDSAS schools.

Would love to start a Groupme with other accepted students if you all will DM me or let me know if it’s already been done (thinking of folks who may not publicly post).

edit: created a groupme to go along with the fb page! Please dm me for the link!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users