2019-2020 Texas Tech, El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-matched via email! Do we have to accept or decline the offer in 2 weeks? That was that it said in the email, but I was under the impression that I could hold on to my prematch acceptances.

This is what the email says:

Please notify us within two weeks from the date of this letter about your decision regarding our offer at TTUHSC School of Medicine or though the link provided in your electronic acceptance letter. If we do not hear from you by then, we will proceed with extending your spot to another deserving applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-matched at 10:04, interviewed 09/26; LM 75

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched at 10:17, still hope!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-matched 10:22. I think they're going out in waves. Keep your fingers crossed! interviewed 10/3

Pre-matched via email! Do we have to accept or decline the offer in 2 weeks? That was that it said in the email, but I was under the impression that I could hold on to my prematch acceptances.

Please notify us within two weeks from the date of this letter about your decision regarding our offer at TTUHSC School of Medicine or though the link provided in your electronic acceptance letter. If we do not hear from you by then, we will proceed with extending your spot to another deserving applicant.
rt

Prematched at 10:21. I’m shaking, crying. As a reapplicant this is all surreal

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

You can accept as many prematches offers as you want because they are not binding. If you got several prematches, it would just be common courtesy to decline offers from schools you are 100% sure you aren't going to attend so that they can give that acceptance to someone else!

Prematch !!!! Im so happy!! This is my home !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can accept as many prematches offers as you want because they are not binding. If you got several prematches, it would just be common courtesy to decline offers from schools you are 100% sure you aren't going to attend so that they can give that acceptance to someone else!
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Will pre-match offers be sent another day, or was it just today?
I believe that pre-match period is from now till December 31st, so this is only the first wave of pre-match offers, and more will be released in the next 2 months.

Just got a scholarship email, feeling incredibly blessed

Reactions: 6 users
Prematched at 10:17 am by email and immediately accepted in portal. I am so relieved, good luck to everyone.

Prematched at 10:17 am by email and immediately accepted in portal. I am so relieved, good luck to everyone.

How did you accept it in the portal? I can't find anything, but I received the prematch email as well.

How did you accept it in the portal? I can't find anything, but I received the prematch email as well.

It showed up as a tab labeled "OFFER". What confused me is even after selecting accept it asked me again on the same page if I wished to decline to which i replied no...may not seem weird but if someone actually accepted they may have experienced this.

It showed up as a tab labeled "OFFER". What confused me is even after selecting accept it asked me again on the same page if I wished to decline to which i replied no...may not seem weird but if someone actually accepted they may have experienced this.
That's so strange, all I received was the email. I don't have such a tab on the portal... The email indicated that I would be receiving an electronic offer too, which I didn't receive yet? T___T I guess I'll have to contact them. Hope it isn't just me, haha. But thank you.

The same thing happened to me. I put accept and then was asked "I would like to decline my offer" so I put no to that. I am not sure if this is what was supposed to happen or if I may have ruined it.

Congrats to everyone who pre-matched. If your interview season is otherwise over, just kick back, relax, and thoroughly enjoy your time before you start medical school. Just be sure to follow-up on emails - IT services at Tech is...not impressive.

For those of you who did not pre-match - Chin up. More offers will be coming, whether from PLFSOM or not, you'll all make it. You've gotten this far - hang in there. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
The email says we don’t have to pay the $100 deposit until May 15 but is our offer not considered accepted until we pay the $100?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Congratulations to all who pre-matched! You're going to be a doctor! :)
Word on the street is that it's a great program and El Paso is a much better place to be than some would assume.

Reactions: 4 users
Just called and they said you do NOT have to pay the $100 deposit fee to guarantee a spot if your prematch. You only have to accept the offer on the portal right now and pay the $100 by May 15 if you decide to commit to PLFSOM

Reactions: 3 users
Just called and they said you do NOT have to pay the $100 deposit fee to guarantee a spot if your prematch. You only have to accept the offer on the portal right now and pay the $100 by May 15 if you decide to commit to PLFSOM

Thank you for calling!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Question: In the prematch email when it asks any changes to 'your program of study'. Do I need to notify them if I decided to take different classes my last semester, as they would be more relevant to medical school, or is this intended for larger things such as changing majors?

Question: In the prematch email when it asks any changes to 'your program of study'. Do I need to notify them if I decided to take different classes my last semester, as they would be more relevant to medical school, or is this intended for larger things such as changing majors?
I'm pretty sure it's just referring to bigger picture stuff like changing your major.