You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I see that the confidence of Leo’s are appearing to be favorable to the committee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we know if the placement guarantee fee is refundable?
Congrats ! When in September ?Prematch! Compete late July, interview early Sept. Most importantly, Leo ♌️
OOS Acceptance to the MD/MBA program! Excited about Lubbock!
LM 77, Interviewed 10/1, Libra 😎
LM 77, Interviewed 10/1, Libra 😎
If we don't get a pre-match today (I'm sure, they're done for the day), then we have to wait till March for the match right?
Not necessarily, prematch offers can continue to be made into early next year I believe. This is just the first day they can be made.If we don't get a pre-match today (I'm sure, they're done for the day), then we have to wait till March for the match right?
Congrats to everyone that prematched, I hope there is more to come this afternoon. Interviewed last week. It went really well. So far nothing today. I will keep checking my email about every 2 seconds. March is a long time away, we all have to stay positive. Lots of opportunities for prematch until then.
I agree, a very true possibility. Thank you for the reply and encouragement.If you only interviewed last week, there's a very reasonable chance that the admissions committee has not evaluated your interview results yet. I don't think that they meet every single week so there may be another week or two before you should even expect to hear back. Definitely do not get described by the fact that you have not heard back by today!
Congratulations to everyone who prematched. I remember being sad that I didn't prematch on day 1, but instead was surprised it came a few days later. Typically TX schools offer prematches in a 1:1 ratio for seats. Tech has a high attrition rate so by the time entire cycle is done they will have offered acceptances generally in a 2:1 ratio. @EMTech The school is true pass fail for now for the first 18 months(?) without internal ranking. I think that the admin was hesitant at first because they thought students would not try, but students have been working hard regardless. You will get ranked based on third year grades and step scores.
Edit: For next year its a working conversation. Some people want true pass fail to stay, others don't. It depends on who you talk to. I don't think you will know until you get closer to the end of the cycle
Edit: For next year its a working conversation. Some people want true pass fail to stay, others don't. It depends on who you talk to. I don't think you will know until you get closer to the end of the cycle
Last edited:
I guess I'm mistaken because I thought the curriculum was redone to be "phases" for an 18 month curriculum. The website I suppose shows otherwise? Might be a good idea to just ask someone at the school to clarify if that's a dealbreaker for you.
Tech gives you plenty of dedicated time for Step1 so regardless you will be fine. You get Uworld, sketchy, pathoma which realistically is all you need to pass step.
Tech gives you plenty of dedicated time for Step1 so regardless you will be fine. You get Uworld, sketchy, pathoma which realistically is all you need to pass step.
Prematch today! MD/MPH
Complete mid-June
Interviewed 10/8
Taurus lol
Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those who prematched anywhere!
Complete mid-June
Interviewed 10/8
Taurus lol
Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those who prematched anywhere!
Reference the school's website itself for the answer.I'm confused – is the curriculum 18 monthsnow?
Some Texas schools have 2 years preclinical phase, others are trending towards 18 months
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems clear it is in between. They are finishing classes at 19.5, having 10 weeks for step 1 [which is kind of useless now that it is pass fail] and then starting clerkships in month 23.View attachment 344647
It doesn't say on the website if it's 24 month or 18 month. It seems that in Phase 2 you have 3 months off for Step 1 prep.
I dont see a break down for step 2. That score will determine the residency going forward.Trust me, you'll still want dedicated time.
Anyone know if there's an admitted students facebook group?
edit: based on last year's thread, it seems like the preceding class' student govt. will make a facebook group after match day--here’s a groupme in the meantime!
edit: based on last year's thread, it seems like the preceding class' student govt. will make a facebook group after match day--here’s a groupme in the meantime!
Last edited:
I dont see a break down for step 2. That score will determine the residency going forward.
Yes most private schools provide step 2 prep time but allocated over different timeframes for different groups. Schools with 3 semesters of classes dont always have prep time for everyone at once for step 1 either. UTSW for example has people taking step 1 after 6 weeks of prep in 3 different batches until mid may [first batch in february, second end of march and third mid may]. If everyone gets 10 weeks it is a luxury..school name + rank + step 2 score are what determine where you go.
I think the reason why there's no breakdown for step 2 is because you're doing rotations. There is no dedicated step 2 prep time.
Are there med. schools that are now offering step 2 dedicated vs step 1 dedicated?
I was an unfortunate minority that took step 1 right at 12 months and got no break between second and third year. Ideally you can take step at the 8 week mark and then use the last 4 weeks for vacationing. They say no "summer" between MS2 and MS3 but that is not true
I prematched and didn’t see anything about a scholarship for me.Just out of curiosity, did anyone receive anything more or less than $6,000 when they were accepted on Friday?
plumeria17
Full Member
i prematched with a lm > 76 and didn't get any scholarships or anything!
fluffybagel
Full Member
Any info about interview dates/differences from applicants who applied to the MD & E program? I know TAMU is having the students that applied to that program interview in person in Houston I think? Wondering if tech is doing something similar.
Not for this school but another one of my prematches had the graduation year listed wrong on my offer letter lol. I'm sure it was a typo but I would still reach out to admissions just in case. Walking into my first year as a M2 yall lol.Did anyone who pre-matched/got accepted on Friday end up getting "accepted" to the wrong program? I applied dual-degree to MD/MBA, but my offer letter says that I got a spot in the "MD & E dual degree program". I double-checked and both the secondary portal and TMDSAS only have me applying MD/MBA (and not engineering). I could have sworn my offer letter originally said MD/MBA, so I assume this is just an error. Also, @fluffybagel , perhaps this means they began accepted MD&E applicants?
I just double checked and my offer letter changed to the MD & E program as well! So weird because my offer letter was also originally correct and said MD/MBA -- not sure what happened on the school's side. I'll probably wait until the end of this week and then call the admissions office if it hasn't fixed itself by then.Did anyone who pre-matched/got accepted on Friday end up getting "accepted" to the wrong program? I applied dual-degree to MD/MBA, but my offer letter says that I got a spot in the "MD & E dual degree program". I double-checked and both the secondary portal and TMDSAS only have me applying MD/MBA (and not engineering). I could have sworn my offer letter originally said MD/MBA, so I assume this is just an error. Also, @fluffybagel , perhaps this means they began accepted MD&E applicants?
edit: my 'response form' tab still shows the correct MD/MBA info
What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?
4.0/508 - prematched 10/15What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?
N=1 but all my friends have prematched TTU the past 2 years with 3.7-4.0 510 or 511s. I strongly believe the reporting bias on SDN/Reddit skews what we think pre match looks likeMost people that have already prematched have a 3.9+ and 515+. Earlier in this thread, I posted info on past years' data for who gets accepted in October. It's usually very close to perfect GPA and extremely competitive MCATs.
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
I have a LM >80 and I did not prematch here but prematched at three other TX schools last Friday, so I think its super dependent on other factors, I wouldn't give up hope!Most people that have already prematched have a 3.9+ and 515+. Earlier in this thread, I posted info on past years' data for who gets accepted in October. It's usually very close to perfect GPA and extremely competitive MCATs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the email as well, which was a surprise since no one mentioned preview days during my interviewDid anyone get an invite to the preview day? A friend did, but I didn't. I'm confused as to why.
I did. May consider it.Did anyone get an invite to the preview day? A friend did, but I didn't. I'm confused as to why.
JustTryinToBeADoc
New Member
Howdy, y'all! - IS (although I did my undergrad in Oklahoma) business management major
Published ~ running a start-up w the relevant patents!
505 MCAT (intense family issues covered in the personal statement)
3.9 GPA
3.8 sGPA
Top quartile CASPer Score
Tons of research, volunteering at healthcare and non-healthcare orgs. (100's hrs), shadowing (75 hrs)
Texas Tech did an amazing job of selling me on the school. I'm incredibly interested in their MD/MBA program and submitted an app for that.
I was invited to interview on 10/14/21 and interviewed on 10/22/21. I was curious about TTUHSC's response time? When can I expect a message informing me of an A, R, or WL?
Thanks everyone and best of luck!!
Published ~ running a start-up w the relevant patents!
505 MCAT (intense family issues covered in the personal statement)
3.9 GPA
3.8 sGPA
Top quartile CASPer Score
Tons of research, volunteering at healthcare and non-healthcare orgs. (100's hrs), shadowing (75 hrs)
Texas Tech did an amazing job of selling me on the school. I'm incredibly interested in their MD/MBA program and submitted an app for that.
I was invited to interview on 10/14/21 and interviewed on 10/22/21. I was curious about TTUHSC's response time? When can I expect a message informing me of an A, R, or WL?
Thanks everyone and best of luck!!
Last edited:
It is surprising that you have not received an interview as an URM with those stats. I think you should probably review your app with some people in the medical school. Texas A&M has typically provided such input in the past after the cycle.I applied to all the TX MD schools as well as 6 OOS MD schools, I have the best quartile CASPer score, a 4.0 and 510. I also have 50 hours of shadowing, and hundreds of hours of volunteering and research.
Does anyone know what percentage are admitted after an interview at this campus?
Thank you!![]()
Can anyone discuss the interview format this year?
I don't think they are blinded to GPA/MCAT as two of my interviewers mentioned my increase in MCAT score. Also I didn't have a student interviewer as all 3 of mine were faculty.2 interviews that are open file but blinded to GPA/MCAT. They will ask you an ethics question, but they aren't too hard. One interview is student and one is with faculty. Both are 20 minutes and pretty chill/laid back.
premedcookielover
Full Member
Were you applying to a different program other than MD? MD only interviews only had 2 interviews that had a MD and student interviewer.I don't think they are blinded to GPA/MCAT as two of my interviewers mentioned my increase in MCAT score. Also I didn't have a student interviewer as all 3 of mine were faculty.
Yes I applied to FMAT which had an FMAT faculty interviewer but my MD interviewers were an infectious diseases doc and the EM residency directorWere you applying to a different program other than MD? MD only interviews only had 2 interviews that had a MD and student interviewer.
II received this morning! Complete end of June
fluffybagel
Full Member
Were your interviews still the same format as mentioned above, 20 mins?Yes I applied to FMAT which had an FMAT faculty interviewer but my MD interviewers were an infectious diseases doc and the EM residency director
II! Complete early July
yesWere your interviews still the same format as mentioned above, 20 mins?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes and yesI interviewed (10/1) but haven't received a pre-match acceptance. Is there a possibility I could receive it later in the cycle? Is there a possibility I get in on match day?
D
deleted880732
Not to be that person but, how long did it take for ttu to show up in your rank list? I've had 2 tmdsas interviews so far, both a couple of weeks ago, and I don't see anything for rankings. Not sure if I just don't know where to look or if they just haven't put anything in tmdsas yet...
Some are just really slow to update the portal. Your rank listing isn’t due until early next year, so you have time. A couple of the schools I interviewed at updated same day, some didn’t update for weeks.Not to be that person but, how long did it take for ttu to show up in your rank list? I've had 2 tmdsas interviews so far, both a couple of weeks ago, and I don't see anything for rankings. Not sure if I just don't know where to look or if they just haven't put anything in tmdsas yet...
You need to call the Admissions Offices and let them know.Not to be that person but, how long did it take for ttu to show up in your rank list? I've had 2 tmdsas interviews so far, both a couple of weeks ago, and I don't see anything for rankings. Not sure if I just don't know where to look or if they just haven't put anything in tmdsas yet...
After you inform them, you should see the schools appear on the rank preference list in a day or two.