2019-2020 University of Pennsylvania

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Heads up earliest date was Nov. 13

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
II. complete mid to latish July.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Most applicants wore business casual, but there isn’t technically a dress code and many of the first year students just wore t-shirts or whatever they wore to class that day. Also, the students don’t report back to anyone and there aren’t any faculty members there, so I guess you could wear whatever you want...although I probably wouldn’t show up in sweatpants at the same time.
dont worry i wore completely casual hoodie and sweats and no one cared!

Reactions: 1 user
II just now!! oMG!! 9/18 complete

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey congrats! do you mind me asking, what are your stats? i guess i'm wondering because you were complete fairly late and this is my top pick atm but i don't have an II
He has special circumstances that expedited the review of his app. I wouldn’t worry about your stats compared to his.

Reactions: 4 users
hey congrats! do you mind me asking, what are your stats? i guess i'm wondering because you were complete fairly late and this is my top pick atm but i don't have an II
yeah, embryo is right. Don't go by my schedule. I have some exigency and luckily the schools are willing to accommodate. stats in the sig.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who already interviewed...do you know who took over for Gaye Sheffler as admissions director? I think I deleted a followup email and now I can't find the person in my contacts to respond!

ETA: i think her name was Alise or Alissa...? Help!

Last edited:
Anyone who already interviewed...do you know who took over for Gaye Sheffler as admissions director? I think I deleted a followup email and now I can't find the person in my contacts to respond!

ETA: i think her name was Alise or Alissa...? Help!
pm'ed you.

Interviewing here soon....does anyone know if the interviews are open or closed?

For people who got II recently, what is the available dates for interviews now? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m pretty sure you have to go on the app portal under the interview tab and you can directly sign up for a host there if they’re still available (no waiting for an email, they’re just listed)
I applied end of October, have a GPA 3.9 and MCAT 526, what do think are my chances of getting an interview. I am OOS applicant

I applied end of October, have a GPA 3.9 and MCAT 526, what do think are my chances of getting an interview. I am OOS applicant
It depends on the rest of your application.

Reactions: 1 users
lol, I think it tells you that I am new on the forum
You asking that question, along with applying this late, makes me wonder how much you know about the process. If you know very little, then your chances are next to 0 even with those amazing stats.

You asking that question, along with applying this late, makes me wonder how much you know about the process. If you know very little, then your chances are next to 0 even with those amazing stats.
Thanks, I know the process just that I could not apply earlier due to some family situation. I will wait and see what happens , appreciate your time.

Reactions: 3 users
Any kind souls out there who interviewed already, care to share the interview experience?
Was it conversational or formal?
Was the tour long/a lot of walking?

Any kind souls out there who interviewed already, care to share the interview experience?
Was it conversational or formal?
Was the tour long/a lot of walking?

I just interviewed here. Amazing experience, penn is so awesome! Both interviews (student and faculty) were incredibly conversational. We talked for the whole time about our shared interests and then I was asked like 1-2 required questions at the end. There is no tour, the day is super short with some free time to walk around if you want. The interview day takes place wholly within the school of medicine so you see essentially all the things relevant to preclinical years.

If you’re interviewing soon, good luck! Just be yourself, you’re there for a reason and they already like you a lot!

• Love
II here recently. Complete ~labor day. Feel so fortunate that I get to interview here - I've only heard great things about their program.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
What dates are available?
Sorry that I didn't pay more attention, but at least out to January (and I think Feb). There were dates in both Nov and Dec so still lots of interview slots to be sent out this cycle.

Reactions: 5 users