2019-2020 University of Pennsylvania

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who wrote a letter of interest, did you just upload it to your portal or did you email it as well?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who wrote a letter of interest, did you just upload it to your portal or did you email it as well?
I had just uploaded it to the portal, I did not see anywhere when I checked their website to email them about it as well

Got off the waitlist last Friday!! So extremely happy!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do we think the WL will move any more?

The Facebook group added fifteen new people in the last week so the initial wave of movement is probably over. There might be people who drop As as they get off WLs elsewhere though.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
The Facebook group added fifteen new people in the last week so the initial wave of movement is probably over. There might be people who drop As as they get off WLs elsewhere though.
Could also be people finally choosing on April 30th?

Could also be people finally choosing on April 30th?

Its possible but there are 185 people in the FB group (I believe the class size is 150). That does include a good amount of students and also the admins. Also several people joined the groupme yesterday, but that could always be a coincidence. It’s at like 119 members

Reactions: 1 user
Got off the waitlist about 24 hours ago (portal has changed, have accepted the offer and paid deposit) but the AMCAS CYMS tool doesn't show it. How long does the tool take to show acceptances? Has anyone else had this issue?

Got off the waitlist about 24 hours ago (portal has changed, have accepted the offer and paid deposit) but the AMCAS CYMS tool doesn't show it. How long does the tool take to show acceptances? Has anyone else had this issue?
I got off the waitlist on a Friday and the CYMS tool didn't change for me until the following Monday evening

Any movement lately? I feel like based on other threads and talking to peers that this year's WL movement has been delayed with covid and new traffic rules, they said about 12-20 people out of a couple hundred will matriculate, wondering if it's time to throw in the towel or if anyone has heard any news from admissions lately.

Was it in response to something you had sent?
nope, just a generic email, idk how many people got it, but it says: "We maintained a waitlist of some of our most talented applicants, like you, in the hopes that there may be an opportunity to invite you to join our matriculating class of 2020. In the past few weeks, however, it has become more clear that we will not have any more positions to offer."

nope, just a generic email, idk how many people got it, but it says: "We maintained a waitlist of some of our most talented applicants, like you, in the hopes that there may be an opportunity to invite you to join our matriculating class of 2020. In the past few weeks, however, it has become more clear that we will not have any more positions to offer."
I’m wondering why they didn’t send it to everyone on the waitlist

I’m wondering why they didn’t send it to everyone on the waitlist
well if you are on the waitlist and didn't get the email, then maybe they only gave it to a bottom %, in which case there's still hope. the language of the email made it sound like there's no more spots, but they might just mean "no more spots for you" and are being polite. so if you didn't get the email, you should remain hopeful

Yeah, I find it unlikely they would cut off the waitlist completely at this point considering many people still haven't committed

Does anyone know if Perelman UPenn classes will be hybrid for first-year medical students or will it be completely online?

Does anyone know if Perelman UPenn classes will be hybrid for first-year medical students or will it be completely online?

hybrid! small group in person, lecture online

Hi,

Can you all please help my cousin?! I would greatly appreciate if you would DM me how much need-based aid you were given (and merit-based aid, if any) and what your parents' income was (i think Adjusted Gross Income). My cousin wants to attend Penn but money is a concern for him.

Also, I matched into one of the best derm programs just a few years ago, so I would be happy to mentor anyone! Feel free to message me and I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for your help :)