2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed 12/5 hear back today? I believe I heard that acceptance calls were gonna go out friday (today).

Yes, that I received that same email today as well. No, to that person's other question of receiving an II after. I have yet to find out if this email results in an II.
I believe that this is the first cycle they've sent out this email. I have applied here in the past and this is the first time I'm seeing anything like this.

"We have filled our scheduled interview days for the fall semester. In January we will open additional interview days. Your application is still in consideration for an interview. If you are selected, you will receive an email message giving you a link to choose your interview day and an invitation to the pre-interview mixer the day before your interview. "

did anyone get this and did anyone get an II after?

If I could guess, I think that they are simply saying through this email, "Hey, you're still in the running. We see you and we haven't forgotten about you." I don't think it's an indicator of whether or not you'll get an II. I believe it's just them reassuring you. Just my two cents :)

Reactions: 1 user
If I could guess, I think that they are simply saying through this email, "Hey, you're still in the running. We see you and we haven't forgotten about you." I don't think it's an indicator of whether or not you'll get an II. I believe it's just them reassuring you. Just my two cents :)

I definitely agree. However, there have been other campuses that have sent similar emails and then within a week or 2 it is followed up by an II. I'm not saying this happens every time for everyone, but it makes me a bit hopeful that they probably took a look at my app recently.

Reactions: 1 users
I definitely agree. However, there have been other campuses that have sent similar emails and then within a week or 2 it is followed up by an II. I'm not saying this happens every time for everyone, but it makes me a bit hopeful that they probably took a look at my app recently.
I hope you're right :) I got an II to Western two years ago and never received this email..but I think it might be new this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed 12/5 hear back today? I believe I heard that acceptance calls were gonna go out friday (today).

Negative. I was under the same impression. Even after her clarification I recall her stating this Friday, but maybe she misspoke...

Negative. I was under the same impression. Even after her clarification I recall her stating this Friday, but maybe she misspoke...
I guess she meant next Friday? Weird because I felt like she emphasized it would only be a week.

Just got an email saying my application was still under consideration for an interview.

Just curious, is there anyone who didn't hear back yet and didn't get the consideration email? Wanna see if not getting it means a likely R or what

I specifically asked about the timing and it was emphasized that it would only be 1 week so not sure what happened there...

I didn't get any email :/

Not to be a bummer, but when I received an email like that from 2 other schools, it was generally more of a pre-interview waitlist. However, when I went for the preview day a month ago, it was said that an email would go out telling everyone that they are waiting for the first cycle (till 12/15) to end, then they will see how many seats are left and look through the secondaries.

Are you guys IS or OOS?

Not to be a bummer, but when I received an email like that from 2 other schools, it was generally more of a pre-interview waitlist. However, when I went for the preview day a month ago, it was said that an email would go out telling everyone that they are waiting for the first cycle (till 12/15) to end, then they will see how many seats are left and look through the secondaries.

Are you guys IS or OOS?
is

for those of you who have interviewed but not received a response yet, what does your application page look like ? Mine says nothing about an interview nor does it say my status other than that my application was submitted.

Are you guys IS or OOS?
I am IS as well.

Got the happy holidays email. I'm guessing they won't be sending out any II until the new year?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Rea
Got the happy holidays email. I'm guessing they won't be sending out any II until the new year?
read your comment wrong lol i think they will try and get acceptances/rejections/WL out this thurs or fri

Shouldn’t matter. I withdrew my apps from both campuses like a month ago and I still got the happy holidays email. If I were you guys, the ones waiting for a decision, try not to worry so much. You did your best and if you get the acceptance, congrats. If not, worrying won’t change anything. Try to enjoy the holidays if possible

Just accepted to COMP via phone call! Hope you all get your calls soon

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Dec 12th interviewers, they said we hopefully will hear back this Thursday/Friday, right?

Just curious, is there anyone who didn't hear back yet and didn't get the consideration email? Wanna see if not getting it means a likely R or what

+1, haven't received any email or pre-II R email, this worries me though :(

Is it just me or it seems its more difficult to gain admission at Western than lots of out of state MD programs?

Is it just me or it seems its more difficult to gain admission at Western than lots of out of state MD programs?

WesternU last year had around 6k applicants for Western Pomona, which was around 2x the applicants for OOS MD schools from where I received interviews. Far more interviews were granted at one of my OOS MD schools (~1000) than at WesternU, while matriculating the same amount of students (~200). I'm sure it's not all OOS MD schools, but I noticed this too, and I think it goes to show how much more competitive med school is getting each year, DO and MD.

Western in particular is well known for churning out great healthcare providers, as most of my UCSD med/pre-med student, resident, and healthcare friends all knew about the school and spoke favorably about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
"We have filled our scheduled interview days for the fall semester. In January we will open additional interview days. Your application is still in consideration for an interview. If you are selected, you will receive an email message giving you a link to choose your interview day and an invitation to the pre-interview mixer the day before your interview. "

did anyone get this and did anyone get an II after?
Got that email a few days ago and the II today :)

Reactions: 7 users
Got that email a few days ago and the II today :)
Awesome! Congrats. Got that email too and still waiting ... just out of curiosity, what are the available interview dates for Jan?

Thanks! IS and I picked Jan 9, which was the first date open. All the thursdays after Jan 9 were also open I believe.
I was complete 8/9 lol I somehow completely missed the deadline on the secondary email and submitted it a month and 1 day after I got the secondary invite so there's hope for other ppl who also made that mistake :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invite today 12/18/2019!!! My MCAT is in the low 500s but GPA is above average. Im stoked!!! :D

If you interviewed on Dec 5th, check your email. I got the acceptance email yesterday night and my interviewer called me today. 1st deposit due Jan 1st.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If you interviewed on Dec 5th, check your email. I got the acceptance email yesterday night and my interviewer called me today. 1st deposit due Jan 1st.

Congrats future doc!! What time did you receive your email?

Interview invite today 12/18/2019!!! My MCAT is in the low 500s but GPA is above average. Im stoked!!! :D

Congrats!!!!
did you get the consideration email a few days ago before getting this II?

Last edited by a moderator: