2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know if you will be locked out of certain features if you register your personal Ipad with the Student Bag Package Program? I think best would be to just swallow the cost of the Ipad so we can have a dedicated device for school

It doesn’t lock you out of anything..

Members don't see this ad.

Hah White Coat Ceremony will be virtual this year, wonder how that will play out. Can Zoom even handle 300+ students joining in?

in the middle of re-writing my personal statement I got the call. I’m off the deferred list as of 5 minutes ago (430PM PST)!!!! So excited!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait were you going to reapply even though you had a deferred acceptance?
Indeed I was. I was honestly unsure what “deferred acceptance” really meant. Nothing seemed “for sure”. I know it’s probably annoying to hear that but I was really troubled by the uncertainties. Thus, I planned to reapply regardless until I know for sure. I do now!!! Woooooooo!!!!

edit: best of luck to everyone on the deferred list and wait list! I hope the movement will reach all of us :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My mom is actually pushing me to reapply (I was also deferred, this is a for sure acceptance) but I wasn't planning to because I heard you might be blacklisted for reapplying when you already have an acceptance. I don't know if that's the truth but I didn't want to risk it.

Reactions: 1 users
My mom is actually pushing me to reapply (I was also deferred, this is a for sure acceptance) but I wasn't planning to because I heard you might be blacklisted for reapplying when you already have an acceptance. I don't know if that's the truth but I didn't want to risk it.
To be fair the portal says “will reach out with more info in August”. The new cycle starts in May-June. Until I know for sure I won’t risk sitting around just to get a “jk we got the wrong recipient” (e.g. “mayo clinic acceptance mixup”).

deferred admission here. i know we technically have until the first day of school to hear back, but i'm starting to wonder if i should just expect to start next fall since there hasn't been any movement recently...any thoughts on this?

Yeah I haven't heard yet
deferred admission here. i know we technically have until the first day of school to hear back, but i'm starting to wonder if i should just expect to start next fall since there hasn't been any movement recently...any thoughts on this?
Also deferred and I haven't received a call. I actually decided that I'd rather defer a year though personally so I'm happy with starting next year.

Yeah I haven't heard yet

Also deferred and I haven't received a call. I actually decided that I'd rather defer a year though personally so I'm happy with starting next year.
yea same, i'm starting to think maybe starting next fall is a better idea cuz i honestly would not like to start med school during an unprecedented time like this.

If anyone else is still deferred, feel free to message me :) Hongssung and I are thinking about starting a little group for the deferred people so we can get to know each other (if there's anyone else left other than us haha)

What is the formal way to withdraw? I don't think it'll work out for me, and I'd love to give the opportunity to a deferred student!

Withdrew, hope it goes to someone who's deferred/waitlisted & really wants it. I wish you all the best!

Is anyone else finding that Western U's secondary counts words weirdly? for some reason I am getting more words remaining on my responses than I was in word...