2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Suppose it depends on how you classify living room? In the converted (shared) apartments, one of the bedrooms is what was originally the living room.

The 2 -> 3 bedroom conversions still have a living room space, but the 1 -> 2 bedroom conversions mostly have a small area in the entry that I've seen some people use as a small living room/gathering area with a small couch and some chairs, but in my experience the dining area usually serves as the gathering space. Also entirely possible I got a bad sample and only know people who got stuck with the least favorable configuration
Is there a place in the building to safely store bikes? I have a fairly expensive road bike and don't want to leave it outside constantly.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a place in the building to safely store bikes? I have a fairly expensive road bike and don't want to leave it outside constantly.
There are bike racks in the garage! It is free to keep your bike there-- just sign up at housing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
How are people feeling who received the "Rolling Admissions" email? I am still struggling to understand what this means. It appears no acceptances have been given out since the initial A wave and therefore no acceptances for those who interviewed in 2021. When should we expect to hear anything from Einstein?

Members don't see this ad :)
How are people feeling who received the "Rolling Admissions" email? I am still struggling to understand what this means. It appears no acceptances have been given out since the initial A wave and therefore no acceptances for those who interviewed in 2021. When should we expect to hear anything from Einstein?
Based on previous years, it looks like Einstein has a big A wave Feb 1st, a smaller one early April, and then another medium-sized one mid-May. Acceptances after that trickle in. Rolling Admissions means you're on the high-priority waitlist, which a lot of people get off of.

Reactions: 1 users
Based on previous years, it looks like Einstein has a big A wave Feb 1st, a smaller one early April, and then another medium-sized one mid-May. Acceptances after that trickle in. Rolling Admissions means you're on the high-priority waitlist, which a lot of people get off of.
Last year, there was no A wave in April, although that may have been due to the sudden COVID situation ... hopefully we get some updates next month

Last year, there was no A wave in April, although that may have been due to the sudden COVID situation ... hopefully we get some updates next month
I thought there was an A wave around April 15 when people had to start narrowing down their schools to top 3 and dropped einstein? I may have just imagined seeing this though lol

I thought there was an A wave around April 15 when people had to start narrowing down their schools to top 3 and dropped einstein? I may have just imagined seeing this though lol
Hmm, the way I saw the thread around that time was that people got this "still interested?" email around that date, but actual A's were not given until early May (just for the year 2020)

Hmm, the way I saw the thread around that time was that people got this "still interested?" email around that date, but actual A's were not given until early May (just for the year 2020)
Yep, Einstein basically closed down for a few weeks last year during the height of the pandemic. I'm sure that probably threw a wrench in the timeline. I'm hoping this year goes back to normal so we won't have to wait until May for a decision.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, Einstein basically closed down for a few weeks last year during the height of the pandemic. I'm sure that probably threw a wrench in the timeline. I'm hoping this year goes back to normal so we won't have to wait until May for a decision.
Admin has been operating pretty business as usual since summer now that they've gotten used to remote working. Volume might slow things down a bit though

Pretty upset, found out at 9:30 PM EST that I was rejected from Einstein. I interviewed on 2/23. Sucks cause it was my top choice.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Just got that R interviewed 3/9. I figured it was too late in the game. Thought the interview went well. Good luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
R, interviewed 3/1, disappointing because it was my top choice. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone with the “March update” email hear anything?

received an email about a second interview last night, did anyone else get notified about that?

I did not request and interview was late March.
not sure about AE but i have heard that other schools do this when the first interviewer did not have enough notes on the candidate

Hey Guys! I'm a current MS1 here at Einstein. We have a break coming up and I was thinking of doing a group zoom chat or something like that to answer any questions about the school for those of you who have an acceptance or an interview coming up and are considering coming here. Let me know if you guys are interested and we can set something up!

Reactions: 9 users
For everyone that's deciding where to enroll, over the last couple of weeks two Einstein medical students have been assaulted on the wards, one in a sexual assault and the other in a racially motivated attack, and the Dean has yet to acknowledge either incident. Take it for what you will, but it should absolutely factor into your decision making process.

The Dean is the senior academic officer for Montefiore and chief advocate for Einstein students and his continued silence speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10 users
For everyone that's deciding where to enroll, over the last couple of weeks two Einstein medical students have been assaulted on the wards, one in a sexual assault and the other in a racially motivated attack, and the Dean has yet to acknowledge either incident. Take it for what you will, but it should absolutely factor into your decision making process.
For an additional perspective, in regards to the incident that happened earlier this week in which a student was assaulted by a patient, our clerkship director sent us M3s home from clinical duties immediately and we were not required to return the next day, we received statements from admin that afternoon and there was a statement from the CEO of Montefiore Medicine (the umbrella organization of Montefiore and Einstein) the following morning. I guess the Dean himself didn't make an additional statement but otherwise I'm not sure what else they could have done. I am not aware of the other incident however and cannot comment on that.

• Angry

The Dean is the senior academic officer for Montefiore and chief advocate for Einstein students and his continued silence speaks volumes.
Dr. O did send an email out but not the dean

For an additional perspective, in regards to the incident that happened earlier this week in which a student was assaulted by a patient, our clerkship director sent us M3s home from clinical duties immediately and we were not required to return the next day, we received statements from admin that afternoon and there was a statement from the CEO of Montefiore Medicine (the umbrella organization of Montefiore and Einstein) the following morning. I guess the Dean himself didn't make an additional statement but otherwise I'm not sure what else they could have done. I am not aware of the other incident however and cannot comment on that.
It’s hard to read: “I'm not sure what else they could have done.” ...

Is anyone able to discuss how the school addressed/ made actions towards the recent discrimination and killings of Asian and Black minority communities?

Reactions: 6 users
II! mid to late april dates open but i hope this isn't just for WL spots

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Do y’all really think Einstein doesn’t have a ranked WL? It seems like almost everyone from previous years was accepted off the HPWL

Do y’all really think Einstein doesn’t have a ranked WL? It seems like almost everyone from previous years was accepted off the HPWL

Einstein only accepts a full class in the first A wave and the HPWL probably has enough people for another full class. Most schools accept 1.5x-2x their class size so most people will get off the HPWL.

Einstein only accepts a full class in the first A wave and the HPWL probably has enough people for another full class. Most schools accept 1.5x-2x their class size so most people will get off the HPWL.
I don’t think this is necessarily the case. They usually accept around 350 students for a class of 183. If the first A round only has 183 As, then that would mean there are about 167 acceptances left to go out. Based on MSAR, they put 275 people on the WL and end up accepting 75.

What about regular waitlist? I was put on the regular one in Feb

What about regular waitlist? I was put on the regular one in Feb
I think there have been a few people from past threads who have got off the regular WL, but not as many as the HPWL. I’m on the regular one too and I’m just trying to get a sense of what my chances look like. I think this is the most confusing WL I’m on lol

I think there have been a few people from past threads who have got off the regular WL, but not as many as the HPWL. I’m on the regular one too and I’m just trying to get a sense of what my chances look like. I think this is the most confusing WL I’m on lol
It’s even more confusing if you got the March update email despite interviewing in 2020

• Haha
I don’t think this is necessarily the case. They usually accept around 350 students for a class of 183. If the first A round only has 183 As, then that would mean there are about 167 acceptances left to go out. Based on MSAR, they put 275 people on the WL and end up accepting 75.
What's interesting to me is that, even though we as applicants colloquially refer to the "Rolling Admissions..." status as a HPWL, Einstein does not refer to it as a waitlist.

So either they lie in the "rolling admissions" email and, internally, they do classify it as a HP waitlist. Or... if they truly do not classify it as a waitlist, then the MSAR data would suggest they accept 75 people off the "normal" waitlist.

Last edited:
This is assuming they count HPWL towards the "actual" waitlist. As far as I'm aware, the HPWL email makes no mention of a waitlist. It almost sounds like an acceptance purgatory where you're already in but they want to wait a bit to see how many people drop.* Also, that 275/75 MSAR number hasn't been updated in years.

*Obv not guaranteed acceptance but there definitely is a very high chance

Last edited:
What's interesting to me is that, even though we as applicants colloquially refer to the "Rolling Admissions..." status as a HPWL, Einstein does not refer to it as a waitlist.

So either they lie in the "rolling admissions" email and, internally, they do classify it as a HP waitlist. Or... if they truly do not classify it as a HP waitlist, then the MSAR data would suggest they accept 75 people off the "normal" waitlist.
This is what the emails make it sound like. And maybe the March update is just a deferral

Reactions: 2 users
sorry, I meant did you sign up on the Mentoring website on your own, or are you waiting for next steps
gotcha. I signed up on my own on the website. Now i'm just waiting for somebody from the organization I designated on the form to reach out to me.

Interview invitation about 1 hour ago LMAO! Declined. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my Interview invite .. is anyone else having trouble accessing the portal? i keep getting the error message "you are not allowed to register yet"

Also this late in the cycle am I applying for the waitlist or is there still hope for the A?

Just got my Interview invite .. is anyone else having trouble accessing the portal? i keep getting the error message "you are not allowed to register yet"

Also this late in the cycle am I applying for the waitlist or is there still hope for the A?
The error message resolved within 8ish hours for me. I would wait until tomorrow morning/afternoon before calling the admin office. I have an April interview and I'm wondering the same thing about the waitlist

The error message resolved within 8ish hours for me. I would wait until tomorrow morning/afternoon before calling the admin office. I have an April interview and I'm wondering the same thing about the waitlist
Thanks for the advice! fingers crossed for the both of us