2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got hit with a post-II R. Good luck to those still in the running :)

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure this has already been asked, but is the meet up with current students after the interview day also formal attire?

I'm sure this has already been asked, but is the meet up with current students after the interview day also formal attire?
Everyone on my day was still wearing formal attire, but I don’t think it really matters either way. The current students were dressed casually, and the whole thing was very informal. They told us that nothing (including attendance) would be reported back to admissions.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Another question for anyone that might have insight on this - since my interview is so late here (tomorrow) I'm assuming I'll be put on a waitlist/ not get accepted until May at least. How does financial aid work in this situation? If I wanted to attend, would I basically have to matriculate blindly without knowing if I got any financial aid? Thanks :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, for the Student-led info sessions on Fridays, what have y'all been wearing?

Hey everyone, for the Student-led info sessions on Fridays, what have y'all been wearing?
It's very casual but you probably don't want to look messy either. I wore a button down shirt and gym shorts lol. Most of my fellow interviewees were in full formal, so you definitely won't look out of place if you decide to play it safe.

really enjoyed my interview today :) good luck to everyone else on your upcoming interviews!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Early March interviews expecting to hear back on the 15th or 16th? Before the 30th I hope?

Just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you on the WL!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
march update here... get my hopes up every week for some closure... this Monday is no different lol

When are we expecting an A wave from here? In 2019 it was on April 8, and the year before that it was April 15.

Are there any MSTP students out there who know how much waitlist movement there usually is over the next few weeks?

Reactions: 1 user
I interview here next week and I was wondering if anyone can give me some information about interview day. Is it just the 1 hour that we see on our applicant portal?

For people who interviewed recently, did your interviewers give you any indication of when you would hear back?

For people who interviewed recently, did your interviewers give you any indication of when you would hear back?
my interviewer didn't know for sure but estimated that the earliest would be at the end of the month

Has Einstein sent out any "still interested" emails yet? They did so around now in previous years.
Hope there's another A wave soon. Feb 1st was a while ago

Reactions: 3 users
Has Einstein sent out any "still interested" emails yet? They did so around now in previous years.
Hope there's another A wave soon. Feb 1st was a while ago
My guess is within a few days after the April 15 traffic day ... if so, it is a bit later than usual. Did you get a "rolling admissions" email in early March by any chance?

Reactions: 1 users
My guess is within a few days after the April 15 traffic day ... if so, it is a bit later than usual. Did you get a "rolling admissions" email in early March by any chance?
I interviewed early March and got the rolling admis email 3/31

I got rejected from MD/PhD in early February and haven’t heard anything since! Anyone in the same boat?

What are "still interested" emails?
In the previous years, Dean Kerrigan personally reached out and asked if Einstein was still your top choice. Seemed like most people who got these emails eventually got the A a few weeks later.

Rolling admissions email this morning.
+1. Do we have any idea how many people are on the HPWL? Does Einstein only put x-number of applicants here?

Really trying to just gauge my chances here.

Last edited:
+1. Do we have any idea how many people are on the HPWL? Does Einstein only put x-number of applicants here?

When did y'all interview? Silence from 3/5 still.

I think it’s impossible to tell. Einstein says the only have one WL and MSAR indicates that 75/275 people are accepted off it. I think in a previous cycle, the “HPWL” email and the waitlist email had the same text towards the end of the cycle. That being said, it seems like a decent number of people on sdn who were on the “HPWL” got off at some point. I’d love to hear if anyone has more info on the chances of getting off the WL after receiving the regular WL email.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 3/16 I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer

Got April update email, interviewed 3/19. Said they will make a decision after April. For those of you with the March update, did you send an LOI? And if I want to ask for a scholarship (to match another school) should I include it in the LOI?