2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed early dec and got the March update. I just want some closure at this point
same here :(

Seeing some people on here who actually got updated following the "March Update" email. I really hope an email comes out this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fam I interviewed in Sept and all I've gotten is the March update. Legit what?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew today. Best of luck to you guys!!

Reactions: 9 users
If you haven’t heard anything back, it isn’t a bad idea to reach out to them just to check in! I did that recently and ended up getting scheduled for another interview!

If you haven’t heard anything back, it isn’t a bad idea to reach out to them just to check in! I did that recently and ended up getting scheduled for another interview!
when was your first interview and did you get any of the update emails??

who did you email specifically?

I noticed before that you had posted about MD/PhD. Did you reach out to the MSTP program director or MD admissions?

when was your first interview and did you get any of the update emails??

who did you email specifically?

I noticed before that you had posted about MD/PhD. Did you reach out to the MSTP program director or MD admissions?
I initially interviewed 2nd week In January for MSTP. After the rejection, I was told I was going to be automatically considered for MD. I didn’t get any of the update emails which was why I decided to reach out to MD admissions. I emailed Mary Pace requesting an interview and she scheduled one for me.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Also note that in past years there has been an A wave for HPWL in late April, then a later A wave for regular waitlist in May.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone send a thank you letter after the interview? if so, did you send it to admissions or directly to the interviewer's email?

Hey y’all, I reached out to admissions today since I’ve been in total silence since my interview. I’ll let you know if they say anything about when decisions might be coming out next!

Does anyone have advice for the interview? I have heard really mixed things ranging form it being conventional to challenging ethical questions to being more conversational. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone have advice for the interview? I have heard really mixed things ranging form it being conventional to challenging ethical questions to being more conversational. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
It for sure depends on your interviewer! Mine started off the interview by legit saying "I'm not gonna ask you the typical/traditional Qs, instead just walk me through your journey to medicine" and then it was just a conversation from there with his Qs coming naturally

It for sure depends on your interviewer! Mine started off the interview by legit saying "I'm not gonna ask you the typical/traditional Qs, instead just walk me through your journey to medicine" and then it was just a conversation from there with his Qs coming naturally
Thank you!

Hey y’all, I reached out to admissions today since I’ve been in total silence since my interview. I’ll let you know if they say anything about when decisions might be coming out next!
lmao this was not helpful at all

“Einstein is interviewing until the end of April; and it's rolling admissions. When a decision is made then you will be informed via email.”

• Sad
  • Okay...
Kind of weird that they still haven’t sent out the “still interested?” email. I wonder if they’re scrapping those this year and just going straight to A emails?

Just got the Rolling Admissions email (Interviewed 3/22)! I already sent an LOI about a week after my interview, should I essentially re-iterate it in my response to this email?

Just got the rolling admissions email and I interviewed 4/9. Does this mean I’m on the waitlist? Or is this the “April update” so confused

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still have silence from the first week of March? What does it mean? There's been rejections + waitlists for people from the first week of March, so why haven't we heard yet?

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
march update people, do you think we will at least hear back before april 30th ??

Anyone still have silence from the first week of March? What does it mean? There's been rejections + waitlists for people from the first week of March, so why haven't we heard yet?
I interviewed 3/16, sent in a update letter and thank you letter a few days later, I haven't heard ****

Anyone else experiencing radio silence since their interview? Mine was on 2/23, haven't gotten any March or April update emails, or anything else. Feels bad : (

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else experiencing radio silence since their interview? Mine was on 2/23, haven't gotten any March or April update emails, or anything else. Feels bad : (
Keep your chin up! It's better than being on the normal WL like I am. 😭

• Care
Just got the April Update. Is March/April update considered better than waitlists? The April update said that they're interviewing till end of april, so we can expect to hear back after that. But wouldn't that be after the April 30th date to plan to enroll at only 1 school tho... Could they be waiting to see who has not confirmed a school on the 30th, and then offering positions based on who's left? I'm just curious as to the point of these "updates" since they are neither HPWL nor WL but seem more like deferrals?

Just got the April Update. Is March/April update considered better than waitlists? The April update said that they're interviewing till end of april, so we can expect to hear back after that. But wouldn't that be after the April 30th date to plan to enroll at only 1 school tho... Could they be waiting to see who has not confirmed a school on the 30th, and then offering positions based on who's left? I'm just curious as to the point of these "updates" since they are neither HPWL nor WL but seem more like deferrals?
Many people were placed on the waitlist after receiving the "march update" email. So unfortunately no, doesn't seem like it's any better.

yea so confusing.. when did you interview

Many people were placed on the waitlist after receiving the "march update" email. So unfortunately no, doesn't seem like it's any better.
It seemed like several people from the March update email were placed on the HPWL/rolling admissions list as well, no?

Reactions: 2 users