2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope they're continuously reviewing people who interviewed previously, I haven't heard anything since interviewing in October.
I hope so too! I interviewed at the end of September.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I hope so too! I interviewed at the end of September.
The last interview date is coming up soon, and I hope after they've interviewed everyone they'll do a review of all the applicants for the whole cycle. That's the story I'm telling myself ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Y’all think this A wave today counts as the “Jan A wave”? (Just trying to hole out hope for another wave in February lol)

Reactions: 1 user
When I sent my thank you letter to VIA email, I never got a confirmation or reply back. Should I just assume that they forwarded my letter to my interviewer?

When I sent my thank you letter to VIA email, I never got a confirmation or reply back. Should I just assume that they forwarded my letter to my interviewer?
When I sent mine to the VIA email, I never got a response back either so I think you should be good

Reactions: 1 users
What percentage of the class do you think Baylor as admitted?

i think im being paranoid but i have my interview tomorrow and i submited my vita months ago for another school. does baylor confirm that they have received it or is it just silently sent and added to my file?

What percentage of the class do you think Baylor as admitted?
No clue. In previous years, the majority of acceptances came in March though! There's still plenty of good news to go around! 😁

• Love
  • Care
i think im being paranoid but i have my interview tomorrow and i submited my vita months ago for another school. does baylor confirm that they have received it or is it just silently sent and added to my file?
I never got a confirmation from Baylor so as long as you got the confirmation email from AAMC right after submitting you're good!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the pre-II R just now - OOS so it was a long shot anyway (complete late July). Nice email, though!

• Care
Pre ii R, disappointed but not surprised. Good luck to everyone else!!

• Care
+7 welp, maybe I'll see you for residency Baylor

• Care
Pre-II R. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Does anyone know where to submit an LOI? And is there a loose template to follow for it or is it just a declaration of intent for going into the program if accepted?

Should we submit a LOI if it's our first choice now or wait until more decisions are released around March-April?

Reactions: 4 users
I imagine it would be best to send the LOI to the email they sent interview invites from since we sent thank-you letters to our interviewers through there. I'm planning on sending my LOI soon to that address and CC'ing the original admissions email for good measure. Also Shemassian consulting has a solid template I think and they include a sample letter.
Does anyone know where to submit an LOI? And is there a loose template to follow for it or is it just a declaration of intent for going into the program if accepted?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the last day we can be accepted here if we hold a spot at another Texas school? I interviewed a couple weeks ago, but I can’t find the date for the acceptance deadline for Texas people

Assuming we hear again in March. But this wait is killing....

• Care
Assuming we hear again in March. But this wait is killing....
Me too! I interviewed in October and thought it went super well, but haven’t heard anything. On the edge of my seat

People say A's go out in March. Does anyone know when in March they've gone out in previous years? Early, mid, late?

People say A's go out in March. Does anyone know when in March they've gone out in previous years? Early, mid, late?
I heard from people in previous years it was right before Spring Break for them so, around mid March! Good luck!! :)

When would be the best time to send a letter of intent? I'm assuming if the next wave is in mid March, to send before then?

When would be the best time to send a letter of intent? I'm assuming if the next wave is in mid March, to send before then?
As long as you hand deliver to the dean at her home you can do it anytime of year.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an acceptance call from Baylor MSTP today!!! I'M SPEECHLESS

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Does anyone know if Baylor adds students to a waitlist? Do they just keep everyone that interviewed on hold until they send out rejections?

I was accepted earlier this month and in the acceptance call it was mentioned that I would hear about any merit scholarships 4-6 weeks after my acceptance. Does anyone know if I'll still get an email 4-6 weeks later letting me know if I DON'T get a merit scholarship?

I was accepted earlier this month and in the acceptance call it was mentioned that I would hear about any merit scholarships 4-6 weeks after my acceptance. Does anyone know if I'll still get an email 4-6 weeks later letting me know if I DON'T get a merit scholarship?
I'm pretty sure you will only get an email if you are awarded something. But at least Baylor has lower tuition than any other private medical school in the US.

Does anyone know if the timeline for admissions is different for non-Texas residents. Do they follow the AMCAS timeline?

Does anyone know if Baylor adds students to a waitlist? Do they just keep everyone that interviewed on hold until they send out rejections?
I think that they don't really tell people they're waitlisted, because everyone who interviews is kind of on a waitlist automatically. They just continually review interviewees and send out acceptances from that pool and send out one email eventually (in May I think? please don't quote me on that) saying their class is full. They don't send out individual rejections. This is the best that I can remember from the information given on interview day.

When I interviewed in October they said the majority of their acceptances came out in the spring. Do we think that means that most seats haven't been filled yet? Feeling discouraged because I haven't heard anything since my interview and people that interviewed on the same day or later have already heard back :/
+1