2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the website, it says that one LOR (letter of recommendation) is required to be written by the "head" of our school's premed advising office. First off, we don't have a "head" person; we only have 2 advisors total. Secondly, my school doesn't do committee letters, nor do the advisors write LORs.

Does anyone know how strict they are on this LOR requirement?
 
On the website, it says that one LOR (letter of recommendation) is required to be written by the "head" of our school's premed advising office. First off, we don't have a "head" person; we only have 2 advisors total. Secondly, my school doesn't do committee letters, nor do the advisors write LORs.

Does anyone know how strict they are on this LOR requirement?
If your school doesn't do a committee letter, send your 3 individual letters.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone registering for the pre-interview social, for "Student Organizations Memberships or Interests" on the registration page, did you put your current organization memberships, organizations you'd like to get involved in at Baylor, or both?
 
I asked the students in charge of the interview socials about the interests and got the reply "We want to see what their interests are to help pair them up with baylor students, so it could be either their college activities or baylor activities" and they will update the wording to make it more clear. @LightsOut308 @caudaequinaxx
 
I signed up for the pre-interview social but didn't fill in the organization memberships box, just the interests one. Hopefully that's fine!
 
Good afternoon hope you all are well. Does anyone have the admissions contact information or is just [email protected]. Due to recent unfortunate circumstances I have to delay my mcat to January of 2021 and I want to see if they can accept that thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good afternoon hope you all are well. Does anyone have the admissions contact information or is just [email protected]. Due to recent unfortunate circumstances I have to delay my mcat to January of 2021 and I want to see if they can accept that thank you

Their advertised email address ([email protected]), I think, would be your best route for communication. From my experience, that email address is well-monitored and the manager(s) of that account will forward your email to the appropriate person to review your circumstances/questions. If you are wanting an immediate response, calling their office could get you a quicker answer.
 
Their advertised email address ([email protected]), I think, would be your best route for communication. From my experience, that email address is well-monitored and the manager(s) of that account will forward your email to the appropriate person to review your circumstances/questions. If you are wanting an immediate response, calling their office could get you a quicker answer.
Thank you for the response I went ahead and used that email address
 
I felt I repeated myself at the end of answers, just felt rather unnatural. I guess I don’t really know how I did since I can’t peak behind the screen 😉

No worries, I feel you. It’s a lot different not having another interviewer to interact with!
 
Does anyone know if we will be receiving a link ahead of time to join a Zoom call on the day of our interview, or how do we join the session?
 
Does anyone know if we will be receiving a link ahead of time to join a Zoom call on the day of our interview, or how do we join the session?
In the II email it says "The Thursday before your interview session, you will receive an email with your interview ZOOM link and schedule."
 
Just took the AAMC VITA and I can say that it wasn't too bad for the most part and was definitely doable if you've completed the practice AAMC VITA. I felt as if did pretty well on 5/6 questions and not so well on one of them. Hopefully it is not weighted as heavily as the actual interview because at times it felt very very awkward talking to myself.
 
quick question guys, on the interview portal, what kind of picture are you guys uploading? Wearing a formal suit attire, or a much more casual one? Sorry i just need to make sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, guys. Mine was super casual lol, definitely not inappropriate though. Hopefully, that's just for putting a face to the name.