You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Baylor
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it too late to throw in an application to Baylor?
Technically no, as the deadline is October 30, but buddy this is late.Is it too late to throw in an application to Baylor?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep. They are in Texas which means they started interviewing much ahead of the rest of the AAMC schools.Technically no, as the deadline is October 30, but buddy this is late.
Well, I decided to shoot my shot anyway! Better to say I tried than to not give myself the chance. I made that mistake for undergrad and I wanna live with no regrets after my medical school application cycle.
This will make for a fantastic don't give up story if you get in!Well, I decided to shoot my shot anyway! Better to say I tried than to not give myself the chance. I made that mistake for undergrad and I wanna live with no regrets after my medical school application cycle.
From previous years, the first wave of acceptances comes the week before thanksgiving.
Another MS1 here at BCM! Feel free to DM with any questions about BCM/the experience here so far/how BCM has adjusted during the pandemic/anything else!
Other than the VITA, there is a standard 25-30 minute open-file interview with a faculty member. As far as preparation, be ready to elaborate on the experiences listed in your application.What is the interview format at Baylor? Also, is there something specific I should prepare for? Thank u!!!
Submitted mid-August, good stats with average community service but high research involvement, also have not heard backTop school but submitted end of August and haven’t heard back...
7/19 and haven't heard back yet!!!Top school but submitted end of August and haven’t heard back...
!!!!!! Does anyone know what happens if you submit VITA past the 2 week deadline before the interview? I forgot to do it and I’m ready to.... cry
NPComplete
Full Member
!!!!!! Does anyone know what happens if you submit VITA past the 2 week deadline before the interview? I forgot to do it and I’m ready to.... cry
Chances are that they probably haven't reviewed the VITA for a lot of the recent interviewees. All you can do is just submit asap. A lot of people in this thread mentioned not getting the AAMC VITA until very close to their interview date anyways.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EaglePutt3
Full Member
Vita invitations won't close until later in April. The deadline by the school is just set by them. So unfortunately there's not really a "warning" that will tell you to do it. I'm sure they will be understanding with unusual circumstances going on currently. Definitely do it today though!!!!!!! Does anyone know what happens if you submit VITA past the 2 week deadline before the interview? I forgot to do it and I’m ready to.... cry
PremedSanta
New Member
Does anyone know what time interviewees check-in on interview day?
12pm CSTDoes anyone know what time interviewees check-in on interview day?
pls give me ii 🙁. Haha also does anyone know how far out they're currently scheduling interviews. Starting to give up hope on the chance of getting an ii here since I was complete in august
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
I was complete in August and I have not head anything, so you are not alone!@Baylor.... pls give me ii 🙁. Haha also does anyone know how far out they're currently scheduling interviews. Starting to give up hope on the chance of getting an ii here since I was complete in august
pls give me ii 🙁. Haha also does anyone know how far out they're currently scheduling interviews. Starting to give up hope on the chance of getting an ii here since I was complete in august
Complete mid-July + silence = you two are no where near alone!I was complete in August and I have not head anything, so you are not alone!
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
I know Baylor accepts letters of intent, but do they also accept significant updates? Like publications, awards, etc?
I know Baylor accepts letters of intent, but do they also accept significant updates? Like publications, awards, etc?
Updates of any kind are only accepted from applicants who have not received an II. You can bring up any updates in an interview. Per the BCM website:
May I send updates to my application?
Yes, if you have not received an invitation to interview at Baylor then you can send updates to [email protected]. If or when you receive an invitation to interview, updates to your application will not be accepted. Those who have interviewed may send "letters of intent" to the VIA email address provided during interview days, but not updates to their application.
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
Updates of any kind are only accepted from applicants who have not received an II. You can bring up any updates in an interview. Per the BCM website:
May I send updates to my application?
Yes, if you have not received an invitation to interview at Baylor then you can send updates to [email protected]. If or when you receive an invitation to interview, updates to your application will not be accepted. Those who have interviewed may send "letters of intent" to the VIA email address provided during interview days, but not updates to their application.
I appreciate your response. I saw this on their website, but during my interview I thought I remembered them saying they made some exceptions for what they deemed “significant” updates. But I might have just misheard them. Thank you again for your help!
Letters of Intent can provide updates in a way where you mention your updates as aligning with the core mission of Baylor - publications = research etc.
concernedduck
New Member
On the interview portal, is it required that we upload our green card? Sorry, I cannot find this information anywhere on their website :/
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
any post II news?
I have seen it stated they will send out their first offers Nov 15 or later.any post II news?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say nothing should be expected before about 19-20th because traditionally they start weekend before Thanksgiving week.I have seen it stated they will send out their first offers Nov 15 or later.
D
deleted1029690
Hey, does anybody know if Baylor needs your Casper BEFORE the secondary deadline?
If you select the schools that you will be sending your CASPER score to, they will tell you the latest possible test date that will allow for enough time to get your score to all of those selected schools before the earliest deadline.Hey, does anybody know if Baylor needs your Casper BEFORE the secondary deadline?
Each school’s Casper deadline is different and not necessarily the same as their secondary deadline. It depends on how they factor in your Casper to their admissions process.
so I would suggest doing this
D
deleted1029690
Will do, thanks!If you select the schools that you will be sending your CASPER score to, they will tell you the latest possible test date that will allow for enough time to get your score to all of those selected schools before the earliest deadline.
Each school’s Casper deadline is different and not necessarily the same as their secondary deadline. It depends on how they factor in your Casper to their admissions process.
so I would suggest doing this
Based on SDN posts and the interview tracker, the last time Baylor sent out IIs was Oct 12, and the last reported interview date was last Friday, Nov 6. I know not everyone posts online, but it's been so weirdly quiet. Hoping for some news soon 



I apologize if this is written somewhere, I've been looking on the website and on here but haven't found the answer. I remember my interviewer mentioning it but I've entirely forgotten. Does anyone know relatively how long after an interview you can expect to hear back?
You can probably hear back as soon as two weeks, until the end of the cycle.I apologize if this is written somewhere, I've been looking on the website and on here but haven't found the answer. I remember my interviewer mentioning it but I've entirely forgotten. Does anyone know relatively how long after an interview you can expect to hear back?
Baylor has not admitted anyone yet.I apologize if this is written somewhere, I've been looking on the website and on here but haven't found the answer. I remember my interviewer mentioning it but I've entirely forgotten. Does anyone know relatively how long after an interview you can expect to hear back?
D
deleted1079462
I think the CASPER deadline for Baylor is the same as the secondary deadline. If you try to schedule a new CASPER test and select Baylor College of Medicine as the location, the system says that Baylor's distribution deadline is Nov 30 (see screenshot)Will do, thanks!
Attachments
D
deleted1029690
Dang, I scheduled for the nov 17th slot. Hopefully, that’ll be enough time.I think the CASPER deadline for Baylor is the same as the secondary deadline. If you try to schedule a new CASPER test and select Baylor College of Medicine as the location, the system says that Baylor's distribution deadline is Nov 30 (see screenshot)
D
deleted1079462
I think that might be the last possible date for Baylor, so you might be ok.Dang, I scheduled for the nov 17th slot. Hopefully, that’ll be enough time.
D
deleted1029690
Ok great, thank you!I think that might be the last possible date for Baylor, so you might be ok.
Waiting for that “mid-November” decision 😳
undergrad2021premed
Full Member
Waiting for that “mid-November” decision 😳
Waiting on that ii...
+1 I love Baylor, but so far looks like it is one-sided!!Waiting on that ii...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FracturedPhalanx
Full Member
Waiting for that “mid-November” decision 😳
I heard that relatively few people are admitted before the spring. At least that's what Ill believe if I don't ge the call this month haha! Best of luck!
TheTomFord11
Full Member
What are the chances that “mid-November” means today?
I heard the 20th. But we'll know when someone here says they prematchedWhat are the chances that “mid-November” means today?
I thought Baylor doesn't take part in prematch because they're not TMDSASI heard the 20th. But we'll know when someone here says they prematched
Ah. Well, nevermind.I thought Baylor doesn't take part in prematch because they're not TMDSAS