2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are you guys listing all the courses that would fulfill the pre-med requirement, or just enough to fill the requirement?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curiously... are people using all 2,000 characters for the first question (summarize activities for the 2020-2021 year)? Since I don't have super concrete plans I feel weird conjecturing too much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted last night. Letters were there but not rad as submitted. Early this morning they got processed and I was marked complete around 2AM
 
For the pre-reqs, we only need to list the ones they asked for (2 bio, 2 inorganic, 2 physics, 1 organic, etc.), correct? Asking bc at my school, some labs have to be taken for credit in the main course, but they're listed as separate credits, so I'm not sure if I should also list those.
 
Anyone applying to the Primary Care-Population Medicine program or currently attending?
I am also curious about this. It seems like a really cool program, as my interests outside of clinical care lie in advocacy and policy/systems change. Since it's such a small class, I'm also curious about the relative competitiveness between the regular MD and MD-MS programs. The students highlighted on their page seem extremely impressive in terms of undergraduate institution attended/existing research+service+leadership.
 
I am also curious about this. It seems like a really cool program, as my interests outside of clinical care lie in advocacy and policy/systems change. Since it's such a small class, I'm also curious about the relative competitiveness between the regular MD and MD-MS programs. The students highlighted on their page seem extremely impressive in terms of undergraduate institution attended/existing research+service+leadership.
I'm pretty sure that you're only considered for the MD/ScM program after you've been admitted to the MD program, so your chances of getting in wouldn't be affected by which program you apply to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any current students in this group...I would love to pm you about some questions I have 🙂
 
How long is their time between sending primaries to them and receiving a secondary app? I submitted my primary on 8/31 and still haven't heard anything.
 
anyone else having trouble logging into the secondary portal? been trying it on multiple browsers today and have had bad luck with the server
 
Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad