You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1009115
+1Complete mid- august, and total silence. Anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete mid-July and nothing
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Could certainly understand this to be the case, but may I ask how you know Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week?yall im sorry to say this, but please take sdn with a grain of salt. Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week. Those people are simply not posting about it -- hope everyone gets an interview however.
AK_Legends
Full Member
II received yesterday (10/20). Application complete 7/18. The open interview dates seemed to all be for mid-November.
Stats? Date of birth? Astrology sign? Completely Jk congrats on the II!II received yesterday (10/20). Application complete 7/18. The open interview dates seemed to all be for mid-November.
Only Taurus is getting IIs this weekStats? Date of birth? Astrology sign? Completely Jk congrats on the II!
D
deleted1009115
I’m Taurus please let me inOnly Taurus is getting IIs this week
yall im sorry to say this, but please take sdn with a grain of salt. Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week. Those people are simply not posting about it -- hope everyone gets an interview however.
According to them, they interview from mid sept to feb, so if that's true this year they didn't start interviewing for too long ago.
yall im sorry to say this, but please take sdn with a grain of salt. Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week. Those people are simply not posting about it -- hope everyone gets an interview however.
I interviewed here, I prefer not to go into details for anonymity.
i will say tho that as long as u dont get a R directly from them, ur in a good spot. they select very few for interviews but some current students got interviews in january for example
Are you like basing any of this on anything other than your opinion? Brown just began interviews in mid-sept and only just now scheduling into November. Given that they have at most 2 interview days a week, sometimes even just 1, they certainly haven't "interviewed a lot of people every week." Their interview season extends all the way to February.
Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?
D
deleted943850
"Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?" This is so toxic, seems like the OP was just saying not to worry because people still get accepted even if they get a late interview and that until you get a R, it's not a R.Are you like basing any of this on anything other than your opinion? Brown just began interviews in mid-sept and only just now scheduling into November. Given that they have at most 2 interview days a week, sometimes even just 1, they certainly haven't "interviewed a lot of people every week." Their interview season extends all the way to February.
Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?" This is so toxic, seems like the OP was just saying not to worry because people still get accepted even if they get a late interview and that until you get a R, it's not a R.
Really? I think toxicity arises from people bull****ting on threads. This process is already stressful enough and saying two things that are literally untrue does nothing for no one. In fact, I would argue that the first comment the OP made, basically saying "sorry to break it to you guys, but there's already been a bunch of interviews" in response to people saying this thread is quiet, was malicious. If that were even true, which it's not, it was literally targeted to make people feel insecure.
I'm literally just calling out two statements the OP made that were straight-up not true. If that's toxic to you, then so be it. But people on this thread should know they aren't factual. so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D
deleted943850
I guess I'm just reading their posts from a different perspectiveReally? I think toxicity arises from people bull****ting on threads. This process is already stressful enough and saying two things that are literally untrue does nothing for no one. In fact, I would argue that the first comment the OP made, basically saying "sorry to break it to you guys, but there's already been a bunch of interviews" in response to people saying this thread is quiet, was malicious. If that were even true, which it's not, it was literally targeted to make people feel insecure.
I'm literally just calling out two statements the OP made that were straight-up not true. If that's toxic to you, then so be it. But people on this thread should know they aren't factual. so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D
deleted1009115
brown thread getting spicy 

brown thread getting spicy![]()
we're all being spicy when we know that a third of the slots are going to brown kids (plme) anyway.
D
deleted899789
What we know:
1) They have scheduled/completed some interviews, but still likely have many more left.
2) No Rs have been reported, so not receiving an R at this point is essentially meaningless.
2) This thread has less activity compared to others. For whatever reason, people are not really reporting their IIs.
All if this is super stressful for everyone. Let's be chill and nice to each other!
1) They have scheduled/completed some interviews, but still likely have many more left.
2) No Rs have been reported, so not receiving an R at this point is essentially meaningless.
2) This thread has less activity compared to others. For whatever reason, people are not really reporting their IIs.
All if this is super stressful for everyone. Let's be chill and nice to each other!
sooooo, i was just curious about where they're at with reviewing/II's but looks like I am coming into this thread in the middle of something... verdict is we don't know?
sooooo, i was just curious about where they're at with reviewing/II's but looks like I am coming into this thread in the middle of something... verdict is we don't know?
Why don't you read the past comments to get a sense of where we actually are? I don't know about you guys, but I feel like people who come in randomly and cannot be bothered to read past comments so the ask for a summary, only to have a bunch of repeated responses, serve only to pollute the threads.
Everyone just relax and stop sniping at each other, debating semantics or how someone should navigate threads is not worth it. If you dont feel like answering someone's question, dont answer it. Whats the point of being aggressive about why they asked it... Right now we dont know where Brown is; odds are some interviews are taking place. Whether that is the majority or minority of applicants is again unknown.
YoloSwagCats
Full Member
Everyone just relax and stop sniping at...how someone should navigate threads is not worth it.
No, asking the same questions that were answered a few comments above pollute the thread space so when people in the future go through threads (like I have for past years), they see a bunch of redundant crap. If there's a legitimate reason to ask for clarification or if it's been a long time, that makes sense. But it's literally because people here cannot be bothered to do something so simple as read the past few comments. It's like the reddit posts that ask when the deadline is for submission or when should I take the MCAT. A little google search can go a long way.
So.........has anyone ever been to Providence? Is it nice? I hear the river area is very pretty
I visited Brown when I was applying to undergrad and loved their campus. I didn't see Providence too much but from the perspective of someone who usually only likes big cities (ie nyc lol), I was pleasantly surprised! not super helpful I know lol but it seemed like there was definitely a lot to do/had some big city vibes just on a smaller scaleSo.........has anyone ever been to Providence? Is it nice? I hear the river area is very pretty
I did a summer program there in high school. It's definitely pretty and has a cool vibe. There's definitely plenty to do, even if you're a NYC person like me.So.........has anyone ever been to Providence? Is it nice? I hear the river area is very pretty
Edit: also there were some nice beaches we went to.
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
I did a summer program there in high school. It's definitely pretty and has a cool vibe. There's definitely plenty to do, even if you're a NYC person like me.
Edit: also there were some nice beaches we went to.
Ugh. I'd love to visit some of these places (campus, the Providence community) and meet all of you wonderful people before decisions have to be made in April/May. Any idea where Brown stands on the traditional second look opportunities?
Like many of the folks on this thread, I haven't been interviewed. But I was just wondering if Brown anticipates hosting accepted students in March or April.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I think (?) most schools are hedging at this point. Some have said spring visitations will be virtual. I haven't heard of any schools saying, at this point, that they will definitely have in-person visitation.Ugh. I'd love to visit some of these places (campus, the Providence community) and meet all of you wonderful people before decisions have to be made in April/May. Any idea where Brown stands on the traditional second look opportunities?
Like many of the folks on this thread, I haven't been interviewed. But I was just wondering if Brown anticipates hosting accepted students in March or April.
Not a replacement for a true admitted students weekend, but if you're admitted somewhere there's nothing stopping you from planning your own independent trip to visit the city and check out the campus!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received earlier this week. OOS, no ties to Brown, not URM. Not sure if this will calm this thread or make it more neurotic. Hopefully the former - I’ve heard Brown is full of chill and friendly people, so y’all better start baking that cake of smiles and rainbows.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! When were you complete, if you don’t mind me asking?II received earlier this week. 520+,3.9+, OOS, no ties to Brown, not URM. Not sure if this will calm this thread or make it more neurotic. Hopefully the former - I’ve heard Brown is full of chill and friendly people, so y’all better start baking that cake of smiles and rainbows.![]()
Last edited:
D
deleted899789
Congrats! What date is your interview?II received earlier this week. 520+,3.9+, OOS, no ties to Brown, not URM. Not sure if this will calm this thread or make it more neurotic. Hopefully the former - I’ve heard Brown is full of chill and friendly people, so y’all better start baking that cake of smiles and rainbows.![]()
Thanks peeps! I was complete in late July, and my interview is in early-mid November.
Does anybody who already interviewed this year know what the process is like since it's virtual now?
I just recently received an II
I just recently received an II
CongratulationsDoes anybody who already interviewed this year know what the process is like since it's virtual now?
I just recently received an II
Congratulations! Are you IS or OOS ? Mind sharing stats ?Does anybody who already interviewed this year know what the process is like since it's virtual now?
I just recently received an II
Thanks! I'm OOS, LM 72 (high mcat, low/avg gpa)
D
deleted899789
Congrats! When is your interview?Does anybody who already interviewed this year know what the process is like since it's virtual now?
I just recently received an II
Thanks! Mid-November. Only dates available were in November.
Brown is a Dream School for me!
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I was admitted to PLME and turned it down, and here I am years later applying to med schools, hoping and praying for an II from Brown...we're all being spicy when we know that a third of the slots are going to brown kids (plme) anyway.
What can I do but laugh? 😆
Last edited:
blinkblink2
Full Member
Have any mid-September or later submissions received IIs?
Same. I'm still kicking my dumb seventeen year old self over this. If only we knew then what we know now about this process...I was admitted to PLME and turned it down, and here I am years later applying to med schools, hoping and praying for an II from Brown...
What can I do but laugh? 😆
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
borrawin95
Full Member
So.........has anyone ever been to Providence? Is it nice? I hear the river area is very pretty
The river area is super pretty and the college hill area has beautiful architecture. The medical school has an awesome bagel joint and there are so many outdoorsy, coastal activities to do in the summer.
Last edited:
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I feel that way now, but overall I don't think I regret that decision. Feel free to DM me and we can commiserate.Same. I'm still kicking my dumb seventeen year old self over this. If only we knew then what we know now about this process...
Is it ever worth sending a pre-II interest letter?
+1 lol
D
deleted1075607
i was thinking about sending pre-ii loI by the end of this month+1 lol