2020-2021 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratz to everyone who just finished interview day! I definitely loved this school prior to today, but I'm even more sold on it now. The student panel did a great job at combating some of the recent claims about the school.

Now it's time to hurry up and wait! :whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my II here last night. I hope it goes to one of y'all

Reactions: 5 users
IS student here. I have not heard anything back and applied in June. Is this a silent rejection or is there still hope?

Reactions: 1 user
IS student here. I have not heard anything back and applied in June. Is this a silent rejection or is there still hope?

It looks like 3/5 is the last date for interviews. My guess is they may throw out a few extra II as some students may cancel their interviews!

Hey everyone!
Does the school accept letters of interest/update letters?
I don't see a place for it on their portal, but was unsure how they feel receiving them via email.

Hey everyone!
Does the school accept letters of interest/update letters?
I don't see a place for it on their portal, but was unsure how they feel receiving them via email.

They do not unfortunately

any OOS students (perhaps complete on the later side) still waiting to hear back about possible II?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the A call! OOS interviewed early Feb!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
II just now!!! My first of the cycle! Only date available was March 5th. Wish me luck guys!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
So I'm trying to understand the new curriculum, but there isn't much info online about it. Is this the general layout?

Year 1: preclinical year. Do you cover all of anatomy, pathophysiology, abnormal pathophysiology in this year? Seems like a short time to learn a ton of information.

Year 2: longitudinal integrated clerkships. You rotate through a few different specialties repeatedly? Like you do surgery for a year, but it's only once a week or something like that? Is that correct? What else do you rotate through and is it mainly outpatient?

Year 3: selectives/electives and advanced science courses? Is this when I could rotate through pediatric neuro-cardiovascular dermatologic surgery if I'm interested in it? Do you revist basic science stuff again? Is it a do what you want year?

Year 4: more selectives/electives and then focused residency prep?

Does anyone have any more information? I'm a little confused by their new curriculum tbh.
Long video (start at 24:00) but it goes into more detail about the new curriculum:

Reactions: 1 users
Does Colorado offer merit scholarships?
Yes you should get an email from Lamar about them if you haven't already. The deadline to apply is March 1st (not sure if they extend it for folks admitted later). There are diversity, leadership, and primary care categories.

Waitlisted just now, interviewed 2/5, OOS

Does anyone know how active the waitlist maybe? Any info on the waitlist is appreciated .

How was the Q&A session last night? I was hoping it would be recorded. Did ya'll feel like they addressed the concerns you were having?

Fellow Alternate List folks: it seems like in April, they inform you of roughly which quartile/tertile you are on the WL. At least they did this last year! Hopefully this way, we can make some decisions to either move on or still hold on to some hope.

Reactions: 7 users
Fellow Alternate List folks: it seems like in April, they inform you of roughly which quartile/tertile you are on the WL. At least they did this last year! Hopefully this way, we can make some decisions to either move on or still hold on to some hope.
Were you waitlisted last cycle? can you give more detail i.e. the number of waitlisted, IS vs OOS,URM vs ORM, how far down did the list were successful and any other info that might be helpful .

Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update

Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update
It unfortunately seems like it :( Also, I don't think they accept updates either

• Care
In a recent admitted students session last month, Dean Soohoo mentioned to us that they intended to send interview invites through early March and accept students until mid-March.

I don’t know how accurate this is or if it changed, just wanted to echo some hope.

Reactions: 4 users
did anyone attend the Q&A regarding the reddit / SDN posts for admitted students hosted by the pro reps?

they said they were going to record it and then didn’t... that sketches me out?

what was it like? i would really like to have listened to that convo afterwards.

did anyone attend the Q&A regarding the reddit / SDN posts for admitted students hosted by the pro reps?

they said they were going to record it and then didn’t... that sketches me out?

what was it like? i would really like to have listened to that convo afterwards.
I attended it! Please PM me and I’ll talk with you.
Also the rep literally just forgot to record. It wasn’t anything sketchy. He realized it towards the end and was just like “oh no...”

They said will be another Q&A with students accepted students are confirmed or something like that

EDIT: anyone interested PM me and I’ll talk about whatever I remember

Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know if CU is going to continue the mentored scholarly activity program in their new curriculum? I watched the video and they didn't talk about it so I'm not sure. I want to include it in my answer to "why CU?" but not if it no longer exists.

OOS and just got the II too! Group interview - not going to lie, I've never done one and am quite scared. Any pointers would be super appreciated :)

• Love
OOS and just got the II too! Group interview - not going to lie, I've never done one and am quite scared. Any pointers would be super appreciated :)
I thought this was by far the easiest, chillest part of the interview day. think of it as a group conversation that is prompted by questions from the interviewers.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know if CU is going to continue the mentored scholarly activity program in their new curriculum? I watched the video and they didn't talk about it so I'm not sure. I want to include it in my answer to "why CU?" but not if it no longer exists.
Yep, still a required part of the curriculum. :)

I've read through this sub, but I was wondering if any current students or people who have interviewed have any advice for interview day? It's my one and only interview of the cycle so I want to do as well as possible!

Shocked to get an II today! I'm IS and was complete all the way back in July (7/31) so I'd figured they were done with me! Exciting!

Reactions: 15 users