2020-2021 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratz to everyone who just finished interview day! I definitely loved this school prior to today, but I'm even more sold on it now. The student panel did a great job at combating some of the recent claims about the school.

Now it's time to hurry up and wait! :whistle:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!
Does the school accept letters of interest/update letters?
I don't see a place for it on their portal, but was unsure how they feel receiving them via email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm trying to understand the new curriculum, but there isn't much info online about it. Is this the general layout?

Year 1: preclinical year. Do you cover all of anatomy, pathophysiology, abnormal pathophysiology in this year? Seems like a short time to learn a ton of information.

Year 2: longitudinal integrated clerkships. You rotate through a few different specialties repeatedly? Like you do surgery for a year, but it's only once a week or something like that? Is that correct? What else do you rotate through and is it mainly outpatient?

Year 3: selectives/electives and advanced science courses? Is this when I could rotate through pediatric neuro-cardiovascular dermatologic surgery if I'm interested in it? Do you revist basic science stuff again? Is it a do what you want year?

Year 4: more selectives/electives and then focused residency prep?

Does anyone have any more information? I'm a little confused by their new curriculum tbh.
Long video (start at 24:00) but it goes into more detail about the new curriculum:

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fellow Alternate List folks: it seems like in April, they inform you of roughly which quartile/tertile you are on the WL. At least they did this last year! Hopefully this way, we can make some decisions to either move on or still hold on to some hope.
Were you waitlisted last cycle? can you give more detail i.e. the number of waitlisted, IS vs OOS,URM vs ORM, how far down did the list were successful and any other info that might be helpful .
 
did anyone attend the Q&A regarding the reddit / SDN posts for admitted students hosted by the pro reps?

they said they were going to record it and then didn’t... that sketches me out?

what was it like? i would really like to have listened to that convo afterwards.
I attended it! Please PM me and I’ll talk with you.
Also the rep literally just forgot to record. It wasn’t anything sketchy. He realized it towards the end and was just like “oh no...”

They said will be another Q&A with students accepted students are confirmed or something like that

EDIT: anyone interested PM me and I’ll talk about whatever I remember
 
Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know if CU is going to continue the mentored scholarly activity program in their new curriculum? I watched the video and they didn't talk about it so I'm not sure. I want to include it in my answer to "why CU?" but not if it no longer exists.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this was already asked, but does anyone know if CU is going to continue the mentored scholarly activity program in their new curriculum? I watched the video and they didn't talk about it so I'm not sure. I want to include it in my answer to "why CU?" but not if it no longer exists.
Yep, still a required part of the curriculum. 🙂
 
I've read through this sub, but I was wondering if any current students or people who have interviewed have any advice for interview day? It's my one and only interview of the cycle so I want to do as well as possible!