2020-2021 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shocked to get an II today! I'm IS and was complete all the way back in July (7/31) so I'd figured they were done with me! Exciting!
Congratulations! What interview dates were available?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is March 5th the last interview date or any chance they have more interview offers to go out? I'm taking the no response as a soft-reject but any hope?? -Canadian, complete mid Oct

Is March 5th the last interview date or any chance they have more interview offers to go out? I'm taking the no response as a soft-reject but any hope?? -Canadian, complete mid Oct
March 5th was the only date available for me so I think that's their last day of interviews. :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were you waitlisted last cycle? can you give more detail i.e. the number of waitlisted, IS vs OOS,URM vs ORM, how far down did the list were successful and any other info that might be helpful .
Hi! I was not but a friend of mine was! I'm not sure of those specifics, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, it is. I got an interview invitation today and that was the only date listed. Additionally, it was stated in my email that March 5th would be the last day that they interview.

Excuse my neuroticism but do they call activities contacts to verify hours? I'm very nontrad and I'm scared my old lab will be like "we remember them but dont remember how many hours they worked"

Excuse my neuroticism but do they call activities contacts to verify hours? I'm very nontrad and I'm scared my old lab will be like "we remember them but dont remember how many hours they worked"
They got over 14k apps this cycle so I wouldn't worry about it. I highly doubt they have the time to call just to verify hours.

As long as you're in the ballpark, you'll be fine. They will know if something is totally unreasonable (like if you said you were working full time and also volunteering 1000 hours over the span of a few months), or something else that just doesn't make sense mathematically. If you're really worried about it, you could calculate what you think you worked and then reach out to the lab and say "hey, just so you know I'm applying to medical school and I put down that I worked here for X hours, which was my best estimate - do you have a better way of calculating or verifying those hours?". Honestly, I doubt they care. Especially if you put the main lab phone number as the contact info - it'll probably be some poor undergrad who answers and has to search around in the files to see that you worked there and will probably say "yeah that sounds right" to whatever the caller says.

[Edit: Source - I've been called as a reference a few times, both as someone specifically indicated as a reference and as a general "hey, you answered the phone - can you verify that this person worked here?", including a few from the FBI who were vetting a security clearance. They were all pretty chill. I don't recall if any were for medical schools, but as long as whoever would answer the phone/speak for you wouldn't give them reason to think you're lying, they're very likely to agree with whatever information you've given]

With today being the last interview day, what about those of us who still haven't heard anything? I was complete July 23rd yet haven't heard anything yet...

With today being the last interview day, what about those of us who still haven't heard anything? I was complete July 23rd yet haven't heard anything yet...
Same, it is a rejection at this point

• Sad
Pre-II R just now. About time! OOS with no ties, complete in September.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. OOS. Complete late August.

Silence for 6 months, so definitely saw this coming lol. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Interview day was super laid back! I even managed to make a few people laugh, so I would take it as a pretty good day haha! Now we just wait a few weeks to hear back!!

Pre-II R. Stats in bio.

• Care
Pre-II R, complete 10/13. Good luck everybody!

Sorry to interject in this R-wave, but I just want to thank everyone I interviewed with today. Y'all made it so relaxed and easy and as my only II this cycle I was initially super nervous. Hoping we all get good news in a few weeks. #donutcoin

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 2/5, rejected today. Pretty bummed I really wanted to go here smh

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Pre II R. IS, complete in July. Lived in CO all my life. Not sure why they thought my app was **** when other schools did not. Grats to everyone accepted.

Pre II R. IS, complete in July. Lived in CO all my life. Not sure why they thought my app was **** when other schools did not. Grats to everyone accepted.
CU hates native applicants I think lol they get double the money from OOS so why not accept more?

Reactions: 4 users
CU hates native applicants I think lol they get double the money from OOS so why not accept more?

CU gets almost no money from the state of Colorado and in-state tuition is essentially subsidized by out-of-state students. So it's not so much that they "hate native applicants" but more that Colorado is full of a bunch of libertarians who don't believe in taxpayer subsidized higher education.

Alternate list 2/19 as well. In state. I'm lucky that I've been accepted to a couple different schools already (including a top 30), but CU was my top choice and the uncertainty around a wait-list is very annoying.

CU gets almost no money from the state of Colorado and in-state tuition is essentially subsidized by out-of-state students. So it's not so much that they "hate native applicants" but more that Colorado is full of a bunch of libertarians who don't believe in taxpayer subsidized higher education.

As it should be

• Dislike
Has anyone who interviewed MSTP heard back recently?

When should we expect alternate list movement? I know they said they were going to send out a ranking in April

Sorry to interject in this R-wave, but I just want to thank everyone I interviewed with today. Y'all made it so relaxed and easy and as my only II this cycle I was initially super nervous. Hoping we all get good news in a few weeks. #donutcoin
The 03/05 interview was by far my most sociable and relaxed interview. I really loved the vibe that everyone displayed and it was a great group to interview with. Wishing all of us the best in the upcoming few weeks!

• Love
The 03/05 interview was by far my most sociable and relaxed interview. I really loved the vibe that everyone displayed and it was a great group to interview with. Wishing all of us the best in the upcoming few weeks!
I personally thought the vibe might have been a little too lax. Anyone else from 3/5 feel similarly?

I personally thought the vibe might have been a little too lax. Anyone else from 3/5 feel similarly?
I can understand how you'd feel that way. The tone definitely shifted to more serious during my actual interviews. Not sure if that was true for you too.

being the anxious little robot I am, I got a bit stressed with the chats during presentations BUT the presenters all seemed to vibe with it and would respond to the funny stuff. ultimately I had a great time and I think it was refreshing for the school.

I know Colorado doesn't accept update letters, but does anyone know if they accept letters of intent??? please help haha

I can understand how you'd feel that way. The tone definitely shifted to more serious during my actual interviews. Not sure if that was true for you too.
yeah my one on one interview was especially serious compared to the presentations, for sure

yeah my one on one interview was especially serious compared to the presentations, for sure
I think it varies honestly, depending on the people you were with along with the interviewers you receive through all of the interviewers. I can say that out of all of my interviews, only one was serious.

I read in another thread that AAMC stipulates that schools need to have classes filled by March 15 (today). Assuming that is true, do we think there are no more spots or are we gonna hear some acceptances later today?

I read in another thread that AAMC stipulates that schools need to have classes filled by March 15 (today). Assuming that is true, do we think there are no more spots or are we gonna hear some acceptances later today?

Im pretty sure what you’re talking about is that schools need to have sent at least as many acceptances as they have seats. So like ~180 for Colorado. According to their tracker they have sent 272 acceptances. I think they normally send around 300 for each total cycle.