2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don’t mind me asking when was your info session and what are your stats?
Nov. 13 was the session. Stats are 3.18 cGPA, 3.05 sGPA, and MCAT 518

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Those who did the group interview, did this entail any 1 on 1 portions, or was it just to provide an overview of the school and offer a Q/A panel?

Those who did the group interview, did this entail any 1 on 1 portions, or was it just to provide an overview of the school and offer a Q/A panel?
overview and Q&A panel! no individual interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this has already been talked about, but what is the grading scheme at DMU? Pass/fail or letter grades?

pre-ii rejection, bummed but mcat low. Was hoping this was it because of state school, kinda sad, but it is what it is. Good luck everyone : D

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Not sure if this has already been talked about, but what is the grading scheme at DMU? Pass/fail or letter grades?
Letter grades for almost everything! There is 1 first year class that's pass/fail (Medical Informatics).

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance text just now! Complete 07/30, KIRA 11/11, info session 11/20. OOS. This is my first acceptance and omg the feeling is utterly indescribable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my acceptance here, hope it goes to one of you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Incredibly nervous for tomorrow as it’s when those of us in the 12/7 info session are supposed to hear back

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
These dates seem to be a bit all over the place. Last week seemed solidly with the 11/13 Zoom crowd. This week should be 11/20. Except some 11/20s heard late last week. Some 12/4s are hearing too. Oh, the humanity!

It also looks like some were getting text as late as 3 pm EST so I guess that should help me relax a bit
These dates seem to be a bit all over the place. Last week seemed solidly with the 11/13 Zoom crowd. This week should be 11/20. Except some 11/20s heard late last week. Some 12/4s are hearing too. Oh, the humanity!

Hi! I'm a first-year at DMU and am happy to answer questions from a student's perspective. Feel free to PM

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A here, I hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

• Care
12/7 session and just placed on alternate list but just withdrew my app because I have an acceptance at a school I would rather go to. bye friends its been fun!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just released my acceptance here, hopefully it goes to one of you!

• Care
Acceptance email today! Zoom experience 12/10. Very excited because I really like the school and everyone during zoom was really nice!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance email today! Zoom experience 12/10. Very excited because I really like the school and everyone during zoom was really nice!!
Oh congrats! Would you be okay with sharing your stats?

Oh congrats! Would you be okay with sharing your stats?
Thank you!! and no problem. I'm from Out-Of-State (kinda non-traditional), cGPA/sGPA 3.5, MCAT 511. 3+ years healthcare experience as volunteer and scribed for little over a year.

Withdrawing my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
For those of us who had zoom sess on 12/7, I wonder if we have a shot of hearing back before the new year

Me too! I think I've been through two 90-day wait times lol at this point I don't think they want me but they don't want to say "no" yet
Thank you for replying!! Yeah same, I'm curious how many interviewees they take from the holds!!

Mine's on 1/15!

From what I've heard there's a presentation followed by a Q&A panel, is that all? Does anyone have any other info about it?
Mines 1/7. I haven't heard anything other than that myself. Saw part is supposed to be with faculty and part with students. Since it's only an hour, seems largely informational.