2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also a good friend with same MCAT score and higher GPA applied and got denied just after I got the interview invite. Between that, nature ir interview, and some feedback from this forum, seems like good odds if you've made it this far.

Crossing my fingers for the coveted A!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Also a good friend with same MCAT score and higher GPA applied and got denied just after I got the interview invite. Between that, nature ir interview, and some feedback from this forum, seems like good odds if you've made it this far.

Crossing my fingers for the coveted A!
Awesome, I needed this optimism!! Hoping for good news for us :)

Awesome, I needed this optimism!! Hoping for good news for us :)keep
Keep your spirits up! I actually just visited for a day since I'd never been to the area. Can say I'm even more stoked after seeing the area. Downtown is so cute.

We've got this! 🥰

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your spirits up! I actually just visited for a day since I'd never been to the area. Can say I'm even more stoked after seeing the area. Downtown is so cute.

We've got this! 🥰
I applied while I was there visiting a few months ago. I'm still nervous about if i'll get in. Already did my info session.

Info session on 12/10 and the wait is killing me lol.
Anyone know what day of the week they review the apps?

We've got this! 🥰
I visited recently, too! It's very nice, much much quieter than the downtown I'm used to. I found chatting with local small business owners was super helpful to learn about the area, too! Everyone seemed very nice.

Do they give us laptops/iPads?? I got accepted and just curious so I know not to buy stuff lol

Reactions: 2 users
I visited recently, too! It's very nice, much much quieter than the downtown I'm used to. I found chatting with local small business owners was super helpful to learn about the area, too! Everyone seemed very nice.
Yeah I was super pleasantly surprised checking out West End Architectural Salvage. If anyone ever visits and hasn't, drop in and try a sugar daddy (if you like sweet + coffee). Was NOT disappointed!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they give us laptops/iPads?? I got accepted and just curious so I know not to buy stuff lol
I am a first year and we were the first class that weren't provided with laptops so we got to buy our own. We just had to meet the IT requirements!

I am a first year and we were the first class that weren't provided with laptops so we got to buy our own. We just had to meet the IT requirements!
Can you speak to anything else we're required to have? I presume things like stethoscope, bp cuff etc. Can we avoid buying an oto/ophthalmoscope?

Can you speak to anything else we're required to have? I presume things like stethoscope, bp cuff etc. Can we avoid buying an oto/ophthalmoscope?
You’ll need all of those things, but lots of people on the Facebook page (or Amazon) will sell you their oto/optho for cheaper than from the bookstore! You won’t need equipment for at least the first couple weeks so most people wait to buy those things to see if there are any for sale cheaper

II today. Complete 12/17. OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from the 12/11 session heard back yet?
i'm from the 12/7 group and still no news but apparently someone from the 12/10 got messaged back in december
looking at dates between info sessions and users who've heard back (which teeters between 2-3 weeks), I feel like we'll prob hear back by the end of next week. My session was 12/17

Got an interview invite this Friday!!!! I submitted my application 9/1 so I'm pretty surprised

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Still worried. No response from the 12/7 Zoom session.

• Care
Random question, but for the admitted student "success meeting" on the phone do you call them or do they call you?

I ended up calling them because it was 2 mins past when it was supposed to start and I got nervous that I was supposed to, but she'd said she was actually just about to call me. So I guess either way haha.

I ended up calling them because it was 2 mins past when it was supposed to start and I got nervous that I was supposed to, but she'd said she was actually just about to call me. So I guess either way haha.

Yeah they called me a couple minutes late too. Either way, it was very laid back and should be nothing for anyone to worry about. I was in sweats still halfway through my coffee and I believe half of my hair was standing up straight.

Yeah they called me a couple minutes late too. Either way, it was very laid back and should be nothing for anyone to worry about. I was in sweats still halfway through my coffee and I believe half of my hair was standing up straight.

Oh yeah, for sure it was super chill and really they just want to make sure there's no confusion about matriculation requirements, and a dedicated time for you to ask questions.

If I'm not wrong, DMU is switching curriculums to a block system starting this year right? How do are students (current and prospective) feeling about the change?
I can't speak for everyone, but I actually love the block schedule! It makes it pretty much mandatory to stay on top of the material in each class which is really nice for people who may tend to procrastinate.

Just declined my admission offer from DMU. Good luck to all still waiting!

• Care
I was at the zoo when they called me. xD

*sighs* I guess never mind lol
They seem to be sending them out on Friday's so maybe tomorrow. I was in the same session as you.

edit: I was in the session on 12/7 not 12/17

Last edited:
II last night at 9PM EST. Complete in August.

Reactions: 3 users
Got placed on alternate list. Anyone know the chances of getting off?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
7th hold today...what a cycle. Praying that I killed my MD interview the other day.

• Care