2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you that got in off of the waitlist, did you write an LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
WL this morning, interviewed 4/30, sent a LOI before 5/30. They're telling us that waitlist movement can still happen into orientation week, but I live in California...

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Folks who interviewed the week of April 12...think we'll have a decision by this Friday or the next?

It's strange that all the recent WL movement has been people who were placed on the WL just a few days prior. I wonder if this means anything or if they will ever end up getting to some of the older WL folks?

Reactions: 4 users
It's strange that all the recent WL movement has been people who were placed on the WL just a few days prior. I wonder if this means anything or if they will ever end up getting to some of the older WL folks?
Likely that they review interviewed applicants, place them on the ranked waitlist, and take them off when ppl decline A’s. Probably they were placed super high on the waitlist because of certain aspects of their apps (high test scores/economic or racial demographic/hardships etc.)

What day of the week does Drexel usually send out decisions?

Reactions: 2 users
Any of my fellow mid-April interviewees getting super nervous and anxious to hear back finally? LOL

Reactions: 6 users
Any of my fellow mid-April interviewees getting super nervous and anxious to hear back finally? LOL

Yes! I've been trying to work on my application in case I have to reapply, but there's a small part of me hoping to hear something good soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 4/15...hoping to hear back this Friday but honestly losing hope from the number of ppl on the WL

this school was very unorganized, the financial aid team and ad coms gave conflicting information that took me weeks to sort out and still wasn't able to resolve in time for me to decide on this school and I've since dropped my A. if it is any reflection of the college of medicine it does not bode well. Good luck on the WL guys!!
any chance they gave you a campus decision before you had to decide on the A? I've been wondering how that would play out

Reactions: 1 users
Wishing good luck to everyone waiting to hear back, crossing my fingers that we'll get some good news tomorrow!! Here's a dragon for good luck 🐉

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
lol finally got the big R after being put on hold in October

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
ahh the wait is killing me lol. Do they send out decisions throughout the day. Interviewed first week of april so I think it about time to hear back!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my A! Interviewed 3/3, accepted 5/14, never waitlisted, never sent LOI. I found out my campus assignment today (exactly 2 weeks after getting the A), and they give you 3 weeks from A to decide. I was assigned Reading.

Anyway, hope one of you guys gets my spot! ✨

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew my A! Interviewed 3/3, accepted 5/14, never waitlisted, never sent LOI. I found out my campus assignment today (exactly 2 weeks after getting the A), and they give you 3 weeks from A to decide. I was assigned Reading.

Anyway, hope one of you guys gets my spot! ✨
Did they give you the option to be on a waitlist for the main campus? This is a deciding factor for me as well :(

Did they give you the option to be on a waitlist for the main campus? This is a deciding factor for me as well :(
No, and I didn’t ask because I was already leaning towards my other option. I think it would be fine to ask though!

I got the email to join the waitlist at 2pm EST. Interviewed April 13th. Joined the WL and will be sending an update. Last chance to go to med school this year but working on re-apps already!

edit: I’m hoping for reading campus if I do get the A

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got an email of acceptance today, however I will be declining it. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Has anyone else who interviewed between 4/12-4/16 not heard back today? 😬 I wonder how they batched the decisions.

Has anyone else who interviewed between 4/12-4/16 not heard back today? 😬 I wonder how they batched the decisions.
I interviewed 4/16 and haven't heard back. We technically have another hour before their day is over. I'm so nervous and anxious right now it's not even funny anymore LOL.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 4/16 and haven't heard back. We technically have another hour before their day is over. I'm so nervous and anxious right now it's not even funny anymore LOL.
I feel you I’m super frustrated. I can’t have this feeling up until next Friday.

• Care
interviewed 4/8 and was waitlisted earlier today (won’t be joining the WL though) 😁best of luck everyone 🙏🏽

I have no idea what it means to not be WL or be WL here. Weird that I interviewed after many of you and got the email today. Anyone have any insight on this?

I have no idea what it means to not be WL or be WL here. Weird that I interviewed after many of you and got the email today. Anyone have any insight on this?
I think it's just sporadic/random, I wouldn't read too much into it. Some people from my interview date heard back the week before I did.

I wanted to say maybe we'll hear Monday..but then I remembered Monday is Memorial day. I guess we do have to wait until Friday :/ yikes

I wanted to say maybe we'll hear Monday..but then I remembered Monday is Memorial day. I guess we do have to wait until Friday :/ yikes
I don't want to give you false hope, but I got my decision (WL) on a Tuesday or Wednesday. That was a month or so ago

I don't want to give you false hope, but I got my decision (WL) on a Tuesday or Wednesday. That was a month or so ago
I wouldn’t be surprised if they did Tuesday because of the holiday - but ya I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I was pleasantly surprised to at least receive a decision from them today.

Hoping for some good news for us waiting for a decision or on the list tomorrow!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I got on the WL...let's say I get in..is it bad if I withdraw the WL eventually (if I don't hear back) after sending an LOI in May? Drexel is still my preferred school, however my other acceptance starts school VERY soon and if I get off the waitlist let's say in a month, that's going to be about a month in for my other school. I should have thought this out better with the LOI, but I was also hoping for an acceptance

Last edited:
I got on the WL...let's say I get in..is it bad if I decline after sending an LOI in May? Drexel is still my preferred school, however my other acceptance starts school VERY soon and if I get off the waitlist let's say in a month, that's going to be about a month in for my other school. I should have thought this out better with the LOI, but I was also hoping for an acceptance
The simple way to avoid this is by withdrawing from the WL. Why would you even consider staying on it once school starts, ESPECIALLY if you plan to decline???

The simple way to avoid this is by withdrawing from the WL. Why would you even consider staying on it once school starts, ESPECIALLY if you plan to decline???
Sorry I meant withdraw from the WL eventually! If I get in within 2 weeks or so I would go for sure!