2020-2021 Florida International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know the average response time from the admissions office? I emailed them Monday morning and still haven’t heard back... wondering if I should send a follow up email because the last time I emailed them they got back to me in like a day

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the average response time from the admissions office? I emailed them Monday morning and still haven’t heard back... wondering if I should send a follow up email because the last time I emailed them they got back to me in like a day
They respond on Fridays usually

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
Request a current student to provide some insight on the following questions:
1. Curriculum: is it traditional lectures or PBL ?
2. Attendance: is it mandatory or do students see recorded lectures ?
3. Grading : understand it is Min 75 to pass and they also have honors etc. what percentage of class gets honors?
Does Honors matter for matching into competitive specialities?
Are exams professor written or NBMe ?
Does FIU have AOA? Is AOA matter for matching into surgical specialties?
4. Read somewhere that students are pre screened to take the step 1 to ensure high scores? Otherwise gap year. Is this True ? Now with step 1 pass /fail , I guess this will be applied to step 2 CK. Thoughts ?
5. Lastly how easy to get involved in research AND get published ?
Your comments much appreciated!
Thank you

Reactions: 1 users
email to schedule II received on 3/17. Scheduled for 3/25. Anyone know if they have spots left or if this is for the WL? How long should I expect to wait to hear back?

FIU posted their Match list on their website FYI 😊

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody still not hear after completing secondary? I was complete 9/28 and I've heard nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does fiu accept updates from WL students? or like update + letter of interest combo? sorry if this is easy to find on a website lol its just confusing trying to find all this info

does fiu accept updates from WL students? or like update + letter of interest combo? sorry if this is easy to find on a website lol its just confusing trying to find all this info
Idk, I’ve been sending them regardless. And I haven’t even received an II yet.

Reactions: 1 users
For tomorrow, does anyone know if the accepted calls and waitlist emails go out at the same time?

Do they tell you the date you expect to hear back on? Wondering why some are expecting news today. II this week.

This might be somewhere online but literally can’t find it anywhere. Is there anything to attend before/after the interview or is it truly just 1-3:30pm??

Has anyone heard back today? Good luck to everyone waiting for a decision!!

This might be somewhere online but literally can’t find it anywhere. Is there anything to attend before/after the interview or is it truly just 1-3:30pm??
Truly just that. You'll be invited to a chat with current students on a Friday following your interview.

I didn't get my acceptance phone call until nearly 6:00 PM EST on my decision date. Be patient and good luck!

I got the A! Got the call a little while ago. Can't believe it!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know when they are sending out scholarship and financial aid information?

Do most students at FIU have to take out personal loans? I just got my financial aid letter from another school I was accepted to and it's very scary...don't know where they expect all this money to come from.

Do most students at FIU have to take out personal loans? I just got my financial aid letter from another school I was accepted to and it's very scary...don't know where they expect all this money to come from.
Most students everywhere have to take out student loans. How else did you pay for college?

Most students everywhere have to take out student loans. How else did you pay for college?
lol. thanks. yes I know most students have to take out loans, but there's a huge difference in federal loan interest rates and private loan interest rates (at least in my case), so I am asking if most students at FIU are granted a good amount of scholarship/institutional loans/federal loans and are not forced to take out personal/private loans

lol. thanks. yes I know most students have to take out loans, but there's a huge difference in federal loan interest rates and private loan interest rates (at least in my case), so I am asking if most students at FIU are granted a good amount of scholarship/institutional loans/federal loans and are not forced to take out personal/private loans
You can get full COA in federal loans at any school basically

Fed loans limit is 40K no ?

Yes the lowest interest federal loan caps around $42k.

For the rest... 'Grad loan plus' (also a federal loan) covers the other 40ish thousand for a few % more in interest. There is zero need for personal/private loans for the average student who can live on under $80k a year. Your FAFSA determines how much federal loans you can take out, so fill those out, it takes like 10 minutes.

No II yet...should i give up hope? I called and they said they stop interviewing April 1st...

Yes the lowest interest federal loan caps around $42k.

For the rest... 'Grad loan plus' (also a federal loan) covers the other 40ish thousand for a few % more in interest. There is zero need for personal/private loans for the average student who can live on under $80k a year. Your FAFSA determines how much federal loans you can take out, so fill those out, it takes like 10 minutes.
Right But Grad Plus Is credit-based, and some students don't qualify or get high interest.